Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

How much would they cost today?

Read 2223 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,379 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      How much would they cost today?
      Jan 18, 2013 07:52:48 pm
      Retired legends of the game. The best footballers in the history of the game. Pele, Maradonna, Dalglish, Barnes, Cruyff, Best, Jennings, Clemence, Zico etc etc

The way the market is today (Zaha 15 million, Ince 8 million) what figure would you pay or be happy to see Liverpool pay for an old great.

Bit of fun so dont go down the road of the pound is worth more now and all that, thanks
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Re: How much would they cost today?
      Reply #1: Jan 18, 2013 07:58:54 pm
      Pele - wouldn't leave Brazil

Maradona - £50mil at least

Cruyff - £30mil

Dalglish -£30mil

Barnes - £30mil

Best - £30mil

Jennings - £10mil

Clem -£15mil

Zico - £20mil

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #2: Jan 18, 2013 08:05:07 pm
      Of course Pele would leave Brazil.. He would follow the money as all modern top Brazilians do..

He would play for Real earning 400k a week

He did play for NYC in the 70s
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #3: Jan 18, 2013 08:16:13 pm
      Of course Pele would leave Brazil.. He would follow the money as all modern top Brazilians do..

He would play for Real earning 400k a week

He did play for NYC in the 70s

Yeah I know he went to Cosmos but he was pretty much finished as a pro footballer then

If we just concentrate on his ability ( from old vids I have seen ) then I would put him at around £40mil

I think it's hard to judge how good he actually was - a lot of people say that Garrincha was better than him
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #4: Jan 18, 2013 08:22:50 pm
      The angel with bent legs...

Yeah apparently so.. You only have to ask Diego about him and his reputation
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #5: Jan 18, 2013 08:36:19 pm
      Zico - £1,000,000,000
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #6: Jan 18, 2013 08:41:57 pm
      Julian Dicks......

F**k all like. 93
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #7: Jan 18, 2013 08:48:24 pm
      Barnes - £50bn at least.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #8: Jan 18, 2013 08:55:26 pm
      Pele - at least £35 Million, and playing at Madrid - massive player and would have been amazing in the prem!
      Maradona - Circa £30 Million Would not have came to the UK, many players from Argentina dont - I think its political, I shall leave it at that... Not as much as Pele, but he would have been the big name, I see Maradona as the slightly under rated player if they were all about now!
      Cruyff - £40 Million, mainly because he would be over here at City! One of the stars of the prem!
      Neeskens - £20 Million I added this player, pure class... Would be with LFC and although under rated one of the best we have seen!
      Dalglish - No Price, still at LFC and with constant bids from City, Chavs and rumors of Juve he would be here - and even today banging them in all over the shop.
      Barnes - £18 Million, again under rated and his apperance would put teams off. Still, with the above two he would be amazing!
      Best - No Price, would be hte Daglish of Utd, never sold so no price needed
      Jennings - £22 Million, great player - but again with the number of top players as we have added a generation in he would be missing - still quality!
      Clem -£15 Million - Kepers always are sold for lower transfers, but he would be showing Pepe a thing or two. IMO Pepe will go down as a good a keeper as him
      Zico - £40 Million - the workhorse that playes everywhere - Juve, Milan, Madrid, PSV...

I would love to see these guys playing with a modern football against our greats now - would be amazing!
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #9: Jan 19, 2013 12:26:53 pm
      Pele - at least £35 Million, and playing at Madrid - massive player and would have been amazing in the prem!
      Maradona - Circa £30 Million Would not have came to the UK, many players from Argentina dont - I think its political, I shall leave it at that... Not as much as Pele, but he would have been the big name, I see Maradona as the slightly under rated player if they were all about now!
      Cruyff - £40 Million, mainly because he would be over here at City! One of the stars of the prem!
      Neeskens - £20 Million I added this player, pure class... Would be with LFC and although under rated one of the best we have seen!
      Dalglish - No Price, still at LFC and with constant bids from City, Chavs and rumors of Juve he would be here - and even today banging them in all over the shop.
      Barnes - £18 Million, again under rated and his apperance would put teams off. Still, with the above two he would be amazing!
      Jennings - £22 Million, great player - but again with the number of top players as we have added a generation in he would be missing - still quality!
      Clem -£15 Million - Kepers always are sold for lower transfers, but he would be showing Pepe a thing or two. IMO Pepe will go down as a good a keeper as him
      Zico - £40 Million - the workhorse that playes everywhere - Juve, Milan, Madrid, PSV...

I would love to see these guys playing with a modern football against our greats now - would be amazing!

You are insane?
      Big Andy C cost 35 million, and you are telling me PELE and MARADONA cost arounfd the same?????

Pele at his prime would cost more than Messi, and so would Maradona, meaning over 200 million
      Alfredo Di Stefano would probably cost the same.

Those 3 are probably the best players to have walked on a field , and you are telling me they cost less than what Chelsea payed for Torres?

Zico would cost well over 100 million, Cruyff also, and Franz would cost a shitload too.

QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #10: Jan 19, 2013 12:30:34 pm

Cruyff - £30mil

Dalglish -£30mil

Barnes - £30mil

Best - £30mil

Jennings - £10mil

Clem -£15mil

Zico - £20mil

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

See above post! You guys are deluded!!!!!!

Zico 20 million??????  In todays market, most of those players would cost over 100, and some would be more expensive than Messi. Hell, if some of those were playing today....

Downning costs more than  Zico  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #11: Jan 19, 2013 12:32:13 pm
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #12: Jan 19, 2013 12:34:35 pm
      Ian Rush season 83 -84 47 goals thats 47 not 7 or 17.Got to be £60mil today.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #13: Jan 19, 2013 01:30:09 pm

Made me laugh if nothing else. Fcking crazy, have you ever watched Maradonna or Pele, to name two ,
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #14: Jan 19, 2013 01:32:11 pm
       :

Cruyff - £30mil

Dalglish -£30mil

Barnes - £30mil

Best - £30mil