Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

We Are Slow On The Attack!

Read 2521 times
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: We Are Slow On The Attack!
      Reply #23: Oct 10, 2007 02:03:48 pm
      yea spot on about being slow on the attack, wot does my head in, is when are defenders knock the ball back to Reina to huffin up the pitch to crouch and fernando, and wait for the opposite team to take the ball of them before they can bring the ball down, which is so frustrating, we should pass the ball around the pitch, tireing opposing teams out and wait for the oppurtinty to come when we see a gap in the defence slide the ball thorught and let the strikers do the rest, and also we only seem to use crouch for in the air, but he has got quick feet and smart tricks, so rafa should give him a chance with out trying to get Reina to smash the ball up to his head, and also if your going to buy a 12 million pound winger (babel) and put him on the bench behind leto and riise, why was he bought. Riise can only get just past the half way line and then turn around and give it back to the defence to give babck to Reina, and then give the ball to sissoko to give away. and for the rotation surley players can play 4 or 5 games in a row this early in the season. and I dont believe we can win the title under benitez. and if we do then ok illl put my hand up and say I was wrong, and also if we are really chanllaging for the title why are putting key players on the bench (in the Portsmouth and birmingham games) and startin them in carling cup games. So come on Rafa look at are weakness and strenghen them.  and maybe next season we can bring in a class CB, LB and winger then I can see us pushing more for the title, but for know ill give it untill January, and then I'll have a re- think. and yes I know were are unbeaten, but were droppong two points weres we should be taking 3 point. and maybe pakos departure has effected the team as of when he left and when problems started accuring the timing is the same.
      « Last Edit: Oct 10, 2007 02:16:32 pm by lfc 4life »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #24: Oct 10, 2007 10:27:14 pm
      ^^^ very good point, especially about babel i think that he needs more of a chance, he reminds me of c.ronaldo in his 1st season at utd, not everything he done worked, but still was very exiting to watch and see if it does
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6952 
      Reply #25: Oct 10, 2007 10:57:53 pm
      ^^^ very good point, especially about babel i think that he needs more of a chance, he reminds me of c.ronaldo in his 1st season at utd, not everything he done worked, but still was very exiting to watch and see if it does

He's hardly played to be honest.  Fairly sure Ronaldo got a decent run out at United in his first year.

The Gonzalez syndrome was acceptable because we didn't pay much for him.  Babel is a threat and needs to be played much more.  The decision to play Leto against Marseille ahead of Babel still confounds me.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #26: Oct 11, 2007 12:06:29 pm
      Rafa has too many weak points to guide us home im sorry.
      His squad decisions are way to poor. I think his defence in rotation has gotten to his mind. Over rotating players wont help.
      Kuyt and Torres are out main strikers, use them! Babel is our best LM, use him! 4-4-2 isnt wokring now so change it. Our youngsters deserve a go now more than ever. could it get worse? doubt it. He hasnt tried fixing things with Pako yet, its no coinciidence why we have dropped. He is way too stubborn. His tactics. The mentallity he instills in the players.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #27: Oct 11, 2007 12:15:00 pm
      Rafa has too many weak points to guide us home im sorry.
      His squad decisions are way to poor. I think his defence in rotation has gotten to his mind. Over rotating players wont help.
      Kuyt and Torres are out main strikers, use them! Babel is our best LM, use him! 4-4-2 isnt wokring now so change it. Our youngsters deserve a go now more than ever. could it get worse? doubt it. He hasnt tried fixing things with Pako yet, its no coinciidence why we have dropped. He is way too stubborn. His tactics. The mentallity he instills in the players.

Don't mention Pako... por favor!

Sure he has made a couple of mistakes this season - but hey he is a proven winning leader and will get it right.

I frankly feel our poor start has more do to with SG and JC mis-firing in critical games...

When SG and JC were both out injured - toe and rib injuries respectively - the team went on a decent run...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #28: Oct 11, 2007 12:36:49 pm
      So, if i were to say, rest SG and JC this week?
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #29: Oct 11, 2007 01:26:20 pm
      ^^^ very good point, especially about babel I think that he needs more of a chance, he reminds me of c.ronaldo in his 1st season at utd, not everything he done worked, but still was very exiting to watch and see if it does

You are right, he's exciting to watch but the problem with him is, he over dribbles and goes side ways and ends up going nowhere. he's got a very good first touch and speed, Rafa should exploit that to the fullest and makes him goes pass defenders in the first instance.

Quick Reply