Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Reds win down under: LFC 2-0 Melbourne Victory (Australia)

Read 34853 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Reds win down under: LFC 2-0 Melbourne Victory (Australia)
      Reply #368: Jul 25, 2013 08:51:33 am
      I think we should give all Australian REDS a great big vote of thanks for that tremendous show of support for the MIGHTY REDS in Melbourne last night.Well done lads and lasses you did yourselves,Melbourne,Australia and our great Liverpool Football Club proud.You showed the world what this great club is all about.Cheers to each and everyone of you.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #369: Jul 25, 2013 08:52:40 am
      What a week its been here in melbourne. Been on a session since monday. The support was amazing all week everywhere you went there was red. The ozzys who dont support football where amazed at how passionate we are.

On the game itself it was a good run out and melbourne where a tidy team. The number 13 andrew nabu or whatever his name is ,is a smashing player. I watched them train on saturday and he was the stand out player and last night aswel. For us i thought Wisdom was very good at centre half and looked alot more comfortable.Also Joe Allen looked really composed and confident and like the player i remember us being excited about signing.

All in all a good run out and a great week(my best since iv been in oz) but the only negative is all this suarez bullshit.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #370: Jul 25, 2013 01:01:53 pm
      I think we should give all Australian REDS a great big vote of thanks for that tremendous show of support for the MIGHTY REDS in Melbourne last night.Well done lads and lasses you did yourselves,Melbourne,Australia and our great Liverpool Football Club proud.You showed the world what this great club is all about.Cheers to each and everyone of you.
      Thanks Billy. Much appreciated.

YNWA was unbelievably stirring, reverberating around the huge stadium.
      Goosebumps all over, and almost brought tears.

Unforgettable experience.

Melbourne was so awash in Red that I almost expected Moses to appear.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #371: Jul 25, 2013 02:09:48 pm
      Thanks Billy. Much appreciated.

YNWA was unbelievably stirring, reverberating around the huge stadium.
      Goosebumps all over, and almost brought tears.

Unforgettable experience.

Melbourne was so awash in Red that I almost expected Moses to appear.

Posted previously mate about watching yuz all singing the anthem with a lump in my throat and fighting a tear back, what a sight to behold.
      The raw passion on display would put some of the Anfield mobile phone virtual support on matchday to shame, I'll swear my TV was trembling, on ya mate.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      Reply #372: Jul 25, 2013 02:35:08 pm
      Thanks Stuey.

Would you believe that not all sang loudly, especially the area that I was in. I think it could've been even louder which is a scary thought, as it would've shook the stadium to its foundations. Sorry, that's just me being fussy
       ;D
      A night never to forget. So proud to be a Red.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #373: Jul 26, 2013 01:14:30 pm
      Hey all!

Wowfucking wee. What a night, what an atmosphere. I was so proud to be a RED.

Got into the City the day of the match at 2pm. Checked into the Hotel, my mate got there and we rolled a J, smoked it, downed a couple of Scotches, got dressed and headed out around the City. Was a Sea of Red, truly amazing, everywhere you looked, lads and lasses and children, wearing Red. Got us physched right up. Headed down to the Bar where I was meeting Crouchie and walk in to LET'S GO F***ing MENTAL" and who do I see standing on top of the table leading the chants, our very own Crouchie. Made up, sang a few songs but by this time me and my mate had the munchies.  ;D So said to Crouchie will just be in the other part of the Bar, having a quick bite. Finished our meal and headed back towards Crouchie but he was gone, he sent me a text saying he'd moved onto the next Pub to sing some more. Was feeling a bit pissed so said F**k that, let's roll up to the G and have another J. Caught the local transport but a few stops away, we seen about 200 Reds singing on a walk up to the G. Got off the Tram and ran across the road and joined in. Was F***ing Mental. Crowd went quiet for a second so I started F**k of Chelsea FC Chant quicky followed by Fields of Anfield Road. Amazing.

Got into the Ground buzzing not just from the 2 J's we had smoked  :D , then the lads came out and they played YNWA. I was singing so loud, hugging my mates and sining together that I lost my voice completley. What an unbelievable sight that was hearing and seeing 95,446 Reds belting out that Famous Song.

I was in heaven when Gerrard scored. I tried to get people around me to sing songs but the cu*ts obviously didn't know the words so that was a bit dissapointing but apart from that, that night was one of the best days of my life. I will never forget it.

Couldn't believe my luck though, the lads were doing a lap of honour and I was right by the boundary line and as they got within 1 foot of me, I went to click a shot but my Camera F***ing died. Lucky another one of my mates was right there with me and she got the shot. Made F***ing up.

We left the ground not soon after the lads left the pitch to a thunderous applause and headed to The Hotel they were staying at. We walked and arrived just as they were pulling up on the Bus.  Saw the lads walk in then we thought we'll sneak inside and get some autographs in the updstairs Bar where the boys have been lounging about the last few nights. Went to the toilet, came out and see this tall fella who looked quite familiar but couldnt figure out who it was. F**k me, the guy says are you Ian Pinto? I said yes, he says g'day mate, it's me Dado!!! Had a small chat to him and his wife to be and brother so was made up got to see another forumite.

None of the players came down to the Bar and my mate said he talked to one of the security guards who said the lads got changed and headed out the back door to God knows where?? So after an hour we headed off into the night, back to our Hotel, rolled another one, had another Scotch and preceded to pass out.

What a massive few days it has been and I'm truly gutted they have left Melbourne, but was so happy that they came here in the first place and hopefully they come back again very soon. We love you Liverpool, we do!!!

Will post some picks tomorrow.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #374: Jul 26, 2013 01:33:06 pm
      Hey all!

Got into the City the day of the match at 2pm. Checked into the Hotel, my mate got there and we rolled a J, smoked it, downed a couple of Scotches, got dressed and headed out around the City. Was a Sea of Red, truly amazing, everywhere you looked, lads and lasses and children, wearing Red. Got us physched right up. Headed down to the Bar where I was meeting Crouchie and walk in to LET'S GO F***ing MENTAL" and who do I see standing on top of the table leading the chants, our very own Crouchie. Made up, sang a few songs but by this time me and my mate had the munchies.  ;D So said to Crouchie will just be in the other part of the Bar, having a quick bite. Finished our meal and headed back towards Crouchie but he was gone, he sent me a text saying he'd moved onto the next Pub to sing some more. Was feeling a bit pissed so said F**k that, let's roll up to the G and have another J. Caught the local transport but a few stops away, we seen about 200 Reds singing on a walk up to the G. Got off the Tram and ran across the road and joined in. Was F***ing Mental. Crowd went quiet for a second so I started F**k of Chelsea FC Chant quicky followed by Fields of Anfield Road. Amazing.

Got into the Ground buzzing not just from the 2 J's we had smoked  :D , then the lads came out and they played YNWA. I was singing so loud, hugging my mates and sining together that I lost my voice completley. What an unbelievable sight that was hearing and seeing 95,446 Reds belting out that Famous Song.

I was in heaven when Gerrard scored. I tried to get people around me to sing songs but the cu*ts obviously didn't know the words so that was a bit dissapointing but apart from that, that night was one of the best days of my life. I will never forget it.

Couldn't believe my luck though, the lads were doing a lap of honour and I was right by the boundary line and as they got within 1 foot of me, I went to click a shot but my Camera F***ing died. Lucky another one of my mates was right there with me and she got the shot. Made F***ing up.

We left the ground not soon after the lads left the pitch to a thunderous applause and headed to The Hotel they were staying at. We walked and arrived just as they were pulling up on the Bus.  Saw the lads walk in then we thought we'll sneak inside and get some autographs in the updstairs Bar where the boys have been lounging about the last few nights. Went to the toilet, came out and see this tall fella who looked quite familiar but couldnt figure out who it was. F**k me, the guy says are you Ian Pinto? I said yes, he says g'day mate, it's me Dado!!! Had a small chat to him and his wife to be and brother so was made up got to see another forumite.

None of the players came down to the Bar and my mate said he talked to one of the security guards who said the lads got changed and headed out the back door to God knows where?? So after an hour we headed off into the night, back to our Hotel, rolled another one, had another Scotch and preceded to pass out.

What a massive few days it has been and I'm truly gutted they have left Melbourne, but was so happy that they came here in the first place and hopefully they come back again very soon. We love you Liverpool, we do!!!

And yet when I go to Anfield I see hundreds of people texting, chatting and going early for food/early dart.

Makes me really value living 7 miles from L4
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8662 
      Reply #375: Jul 26, 2013 01:45:54 pm
      And yet when I go to Anfield I see hundreds of people texting, chatting and going early for food/early dart.

Makes me really value living 7 miles from L4

To be fair, as I said to Crouchie on FB, what Aussie Red describes here is akin more to what Euro aways and Cup finals are like. Taking over cities, bars, climbing up statues, singing and drinking.

Hey all!

Hahaha superb write up - glad you Aussie lads had a good one.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      Reply #376: Jul 26, 2013 01:55:59 pm
      Thanks HR. Honestly thought of you a coouple of times when we were blazing.  :D

Nils, I did say on the night, this is what it's like in Liverpool, especially when sining YNWA, just double the size.

You lads are so lucky, living over there. Don't ever take it for granted.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #377: Jul 26, 2013 02:52:13 pm
      Thanks HR. Honestly thought of you a coouple of times when we were blazing.  :D

Nils, I did say on the night, this is what it's like in Liverpool, especially when sining YNWA, just double the size.

Mate that's a proper top story though, I WISH I could go on away days.  Family just wouldn't allow it.

You Aussies where AMAZING.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #378: Jul 26, 2013 03:24:54 pm
      The MCG was like a coulerdan of red fire! Insanely proud :)
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      Reply #379: Jul 26, 2013 03:50:10 pm
      Hey all!

You captured the mood perfectly, Aussie.

Great to hear that you had a whale of a time. Hilarious.

I know what you mean about many not knowing the words to certain songs. It was disappointing but didn't matter.

What an unbelievable night. The sea of Red all over the city was startling, but inspiring. Proud as punch!!

All you local Liverpudlians over there are so fortunate to be following them on your doorstep. Can't help being envious of all of you.

YNWA
      « Last Edit: Jul 26, 2013 04:09:05 pm by RedStorm »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #380: Jul 26, 2013 03:56:53 pm
      Brendan Rodgers said about the game at MCG:
      ''It was an absolute honour to play in front of 80,000 people in Jakarta and then 95,000 here in Melbourne just shows the status of Liverpool. It's been a humbling experience to feel that support.''
      ''I want to put on record a huge thank you to the people of Melbourne and Australia as I know many flew here from all over the place to be here.'' 
      ''They can be very proud of what they put on tonight - it was phenomenal. You'll Never Walk Alone was a real tear-jerker.''
      ''I'd seen the passion and intensity of the people here from the moment we arrived . I knew it was going to be special but it's not until you go out there that you fully appreciate it. Hopefully it's a night the supporters will never forget.''
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #381: Jul 26, 2013 04:11:22 pm
      Cracking post Ian, really captured the emotion and atmosphere of the day.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,670 posts | 7156 
      Reply #382: Jul 26, 2013 07:14:32 pm
      when you look at the world wide support it seems madness that the fans buyout couldn't work.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #383: Jul 26, 2013 11:11:55 pm
      Hey all!

Loved this mate. Says it all.

Shame we didn't get to see more of each other bud but hopefully there's a next time this happens. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Easily the best moment of my life. Unbelievable week. The pre match partying was a standout. Highlight was telling the security guard to F**k off while he was trying to get us off the table during Fields of Anfield Road.

And my voice is still recovering!
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #384: Jul 26, 2013 11:26:17 pm
      Loved this mate. Says it all.

Shame we didn't get to see more of each other bud but hopefully there's a next time this happens. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Easily the best moment of my life. Unbelievable week. The pre match partying was a standout. Highlight was telling the security guard to F**k off while he was trying to get us off the table during Fields of Anfield Road.

And my voice is still recovering!

Love the stories fellas. Made up your mob down under had a great time. Very jealous, but certainly in a good way.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #385: Jul 27, 2013 01:30:57 am
      I support Brendans approach. I'm just not sure about the dropping so deep with Allen or Gerrard picking the ball up off the CB. However my problem with this is mainly because I am not sure baout us in attack. WIth the movement shown by some of our new younsters and the skill and pace of Ibe and Sterling and the creativity of Coutinho we could be on to something. If only we could keep Suarez and I think we would be a big shout this season.

You're right, both opf our CMs were picking the ball up from the Cbs in deep areas but it's also important to look at just how high up the pitch our FBs are in the same scenario. Both Johnson and Enrique are on the chalk and 20-30 metres further forward when either of the centre-halves have it so it's not a problem to have the CMs drop in to take it.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #386: Jul 27, 2013 06:56:23 am
      great post from AussieRed, did you blaze in the Hotel like on the hotel room balcony, that's one of my favorite kinds of blazes, looking out at a city you're not from. :D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      Reply #387: Jul 27, 2013 09:57:24 am
      Thanks for all the plusses, everyone...still buzzing at the night we had but really am sad they have left. Suppose they have to make the journey back to start the Season sometime.  ;D

DBV, I sure did blaze on the balcony of my room...was a great start to the Nights festivities, what made it better was it was a Non Smoking Hotel...why have Balconies then?  :D

Crouchie, next time and there will be a next time, we actually have to have a bevvy together, same goes with Dado, Red Storm and Dobbsy and whomever else I missed in the Purple Haze!  :)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #388: Jul 27, 2013 08:43:10 pm

Touched on by the lads in the Anfield Wrap podcast that was done down under. Not downloadable yet I don't think but well worth a listen mate. They also mentioned how good it was to be able to sit and watch the game with an alcoholic drink.

Australian fans done us proud there though. Hearing nothing but positive comments from everybody who went.

Well in!
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #389: Jul 29, 2013 12:54:45 am
      My quick summary on one of the best nights of my life.

Arrived in Melbourne on the day of the match around 2pm never have I seen so many red shirts in one place and that was before we even left Sydney Airport. Arriving in Melbourne the mood and atmosphere was amazing so many reds from all over the country out and about on the streets. Flags, banners, jerseys and scarves draped on young and old. We checked in to our hotel as we did my missus got a call from one of her friends recently engaged to a security guard who was doing some work at the hotel where the team was staying at. I made nothing of it as I though to myself big deal the guy probably does crowd control at the front of the hotel, ensuring people keep their hands behind the barriers. With much reluctance and perserverance from the missus and little  bro we ended up walking to the teams hotel "Grand Hyatt" which was about a 15 minute walk.

We got to the hotel to a mini sea of red with "fields of anfield road" belted out loud enough to be heard three blocks away. Upon getting there we saw the girlfirend's fiancee (security guard) dressed in suit and tie, I expected him to be in a fluro vest long story short the guy just happened to be head of security. He got us to through the side barrier and sitting in the foyer right in front of the lifts where the players were coming out of. The next hour was the longest as me and my bro nervously figgeted in our seat waiting for the players to jump out of the lift. Within that hour we were approached by 10 different other guards and hotel staff asked who we were and that we needed to leave and each time the head of security came to our rescue. I turned around and saw a familiear figure chatting behind me it was Mr Harley Davidson himself I couldn't contain myself and I leapt out of my seat shook his hand and said "make sure you keep Luis" with a wry smile he responded "we will do our best". Whilst waiting for the players to jump out I saw "God" in the foyer talking on the phone looled too busy and wasn't having a bar of it so I left him be. When the lift doors finally flung open and the players poured out I thiught my heard was going to jump out of my chest, the first to walk out was Dagger, I yelled "Daniel Daniel" in the hope he would walk over as I waived to him he just gave me a big smile and kept walking. In the mad frenzy I stuck my hand out to a few of them I got a few slaps and handshakes. I was ecstatic then I saw Lucas I yelled to him he looked straight at me and I asked for a photo without a fuss he walked over to me and my bro and posed for 2 photos before sending us off with a warm hanshake and smile.

Then Stevie walked out I yelled Stevie Stevie he was on the phone to but started to walk over I nearly fainted with disbelief he stuck his free hand out for a handshake and just as I was about to put my hand around him and reel him in for a photo the policeman blocked me and Stevie walked off. The last to walk out was Suarez we both shouted his name but he looked angry miserable and started talking in to his phone without any interest in the fans surrounding him. Nevermind I was feeling utter ecstacy as I turned to the missus to check the photo of Lucas, to my horror she was allready in tears the two snaps came out really blurry so much so you could barely make out faces. My heart sank but I was still happy and found myself having to console her becasuse she knew how much it meant to me and she had it in her head she let me down.

We were in a mad rush to get back to our hotel to change in to warmer clothes and drape ourselves in flags by this time people began to make their way to the MCG. We found ourselves running to our hotel and I ducked into the nearest bottle shop grabbed a quick 6 pack plus 2 which I downed as before the hotel. We changed and jumped on the nearest tram, the atmosphere was cracking the tram was buzzing with reds songs and I skulled a 6 pack in about 10 minutes. Got to the ground and could not believe it 95,000 reds singing "YNWA" I couldnt control the tears it was an indescribable moment for me to have the honour of singing that with 95,000 others.

Following the match the missus and bro were not content with the photo and autograph's from the team prior to the match so with much less convinving this time we returned to the hotel to see our mate. Again he was kind enough to have us sitting in the foyer by the lifts surely as the lads started to come through I got more waves smiles and handhsakes. Lucas was walking towards us again and I yelled out Lucas Lucas he must have recognised us as we were sat in the same seat he walked over and posed for a few more photos and this time they came through good. Assaidi and Skrtel stopped for a phot and autoghraph with my brother and as Assaidi was signign the fron of his shirt which had Coutinho on the back, Phillipe himself walked past my brother and tugged at his shirt with a big smile on his face. As the players finsihed making their way in to the hotel we were told by our security mate that Vinne Jones was upstairs and asked us if we wanted to meet him and he said there was an old Liverpool player up there but because there he wasnt a football fan had no idea who he was. We were taken to the fron of the VIP bar and waited for Vinnie to come out for a photo with the 3 of us, as we did so I see this bloke walking towards the bar a familiar face I have only seen in a few photos on the forum. I said to myself sh*t that must be "aussiered" but I wasnt sure, then I said to myself F**k it I will just ask him I got nothing to lose. So i yelled out "oi mate are you Ian" and he said "yeah" and then I go "im Dado" then there were a few hugs and smiles exchanged and a photo too ( will post later mate). I was made up and shocked that out of thousands of people in Melb I meet a fellow forumite!

After we had photos with Jones the security asked if I wanted to go through the bar and identify the "old" reds player as he had no idea who it was as I screened the room my eyes locked on none other than Ian Rush himself. Ian was sitiing down at the same table as Vinbie and a few others he looked well plastered I encouraged my brother for a photo and Rushie said "no worries son sit here, anything for a young reds fan" true gent he was.

After that we were informed the players were heading out in ten minutes we went back in to the foyer and they all began to pour out again in casual clothing I saw Coutinho and yelled out Phillipe Phillipe he was allready out of the hotel by then a good ten metres, he turned around and must have recongnised my brothers shirt and actually came back in to the hotel for a photo. We were esctatic the photo turned out a bit blurry again but we wil try and fix it.

Will post a few pics as they are on the missu's camera, overall a fantastic unbeliavable night.

YNWA!!!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      Reply #390: Jul 29, 2013 08:25:08 am
      Fantastic post, Dado mate. Enjoyed reading that, brought back a lot of memories mate. Make sure you post the photo when you get a chance please bud.

The place doesn't feel the same anymore but everyone, wherever you walk, sees my Liverpool tops and says that was an amazing rendition of YNWA.

Will never forget it and can't wait till they come back again.

Quick Reply