Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. A cold Wednesday night at the Emirates - Win? Lose? or Draw?

Win ?
      63 (68.5%)
      Draw ?
      16 (17.4%)
      Lose ?
      13 (14.1%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Pre-match thread: Arsenal v Liverpool | 30-Jan-13, 1945 KO

Read 10142 times
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,178 posts | 265 
      Re: Pre-match thread: Arsenal v Liverpool | 30-Jan-13, 1945 KO
      Reply #23: Jan 29, 2013 04:15:24 pm
      You added the poll but you no vote MsGerrard ;D  I'm the first :).

Hope the team learn from the Oldham game and come stronger to beat the Arse as it's a biggest chance for us to beat them for the 4th.

Don't want to see Sterling start, think the lad need a break and BR find the way to use him better.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,381 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #24: Jan 29, 2013 06:52:37 pm
      Fancy us here

Be more certain though if our back 4 included Yeats and Smith
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25: Jan 29, 2013 07:04:33 pm
      To be honest I have a bad feeling about this game, I hope I am wrong and that we end up getting the 3 points but I think that we have too many vulnerabilities that the likes of Walcott and the Ox will be able to exploit with their pace. Got to go with Lucas and Stevie in the middle. Shelvey, Allen or Henderson and I could see them struggling against Wilshere. Cazorla, Podolski and Giroud all offer a goal threat. We go into this game with Suarez banging them in but other than him, Stevie and Sturridge I struggle to see where we could get any goals from. Arsenal away is always a fixture I hate! Arsenal in general to be honest since Henry smashed 3 or 4 past us.
      R.S.G.1905
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #26: Jan 29, 2013 07:41:15 pm
      I couldn't find a ticket for tomorrow's match.... SOLD F...ING OUT.. I'm a spanish scouse supporter working in London now and was  impossible to find one, I've been trying and trying and nothing..... sh*t!
      Ey Guys where will you stay and drinking something before the match to go with u?

I think that we can win tomorrow if we make a hard work in the middle.... Giroud will be the big problem if we stop him.... there will be some chances to win.......... C'MON ON YOU REDS!
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,182 posts | 533 
      Reply #27: Jan 29, 2013 07:55:39 pm
      Hoping for a win,depends what Liverpool turn up,not the same one as Sunday I hope  :-[.
      Having said that,the Arse havn't been that consistant,so lets hope they dont turn up and we do.
      C'mon you redmen.
      Fowler kop hero
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      Reply #28: Jan 29, 2013 08:02:32 pm
                                          Reina
            Wisdom            Skrtel             Agger         Johnson

Lucas     Gerrard
                                        Henderson

Suarez                        Sterling      

Sturridge

I'd fear Carra at the back with the pace of Arsenal
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #29: Jan 29, 2013 08:16:20 pm
      I'd like to see shelvey back in for this one, I'm really surprised he's not played more recently, not even in any of the cups.

He's not afraid to get stuck in and I feel he could add more directness and power in place of Henderson. Not that I don't like Jordan, I think it would be good to mix it up and try something different.

Reina (if fit)

Johnson     Carragher/Skrtel     Agger     Enrique (if fit)

Lucas     Gerrard

Shelvey

Downing     Sturridge     Suarez

Torn between downing and sterling, bUt on merit of recent performances I went with stewie. I think shelvey and Suarez would interchange, similar to how Henderson and Suarez played against Norwich.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #30: Jan 29, 2013 08:23:17 pm
                                          Reina
            Wisdom            Skrtel             Agger         Johnson

Lucas     Gerrard
                                        Henderson

Suarez                        Sterling      

Sturridge

I'd fear Carra at the back with the pace of Arsenal

I'd fear Skrtel at the back, he isn't exactly Usain Bolt with his pace. Carragher can read the game better than any other of our centre backs, I'd take his lack of pace and incredible game intelligence over a day dreaming Skrtel for this game any day of the week.
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #31: Jan 29, 2013 08:27:34 pm
      I'd think that despite his good reading of the game he couldn't get near theo, Skrtel would be slightly safer but then again, now I think about he's sh*t against pace. Hmmmm......
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #32: Jan 29, 2013 08:31:25 pm
      @jose3enrique3

Travelling with the team to London. We have to win tomorrow!! Have a nice day

Jose on the bench maybe? It'll be good to have him back.

Similarly...

@suso30fernandez

Not in the squad for the game tomorrow so staying in liverpool. Ill watch the game tomorrow so all the best boys..YNWA

Suso really hasn't been playing very much lately.

That's true. I think he's brilliant. He's raw but I think there's a hell of a lot of talent there and it's important for someone of his age not to over indulge him with first team football. That's the slight worry I have with Sterling.

As for tomorrow - the main concern is defence. I simply do not have much faith in Skrtel at the moment. I think I'd plump for Carra.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #33: Jan 29, 2013 09:23:29 pm
      Always optomistic, and always predict a win. Close one this, just by the odd goal. 1 - 0 or 2 - 1 to us. Can't begin to think what  team might start but think the Arse will presure Stirling into retaliatory tackles, and take the sting out of his game. Should come on later as an impact sub. We need to get close to these in the middle and stop their free passing game. By free, I mean lack of oposition up close, and far too much time and space to pick a pass. Who's the guy who raids down their left, Podolski or something. Need to shut him out the game, scored and had two assists against the hammers, because he had all the time and space in the world. If Johnson is R back, he doesn't want this fella getting behind him too often, so needs cover if he bombs on. Stirling, Allen or Henderson won't be up to it though, need someone with a bit of bottle and attitude. Think that leaves Lucas and Gerrard then !  Not good if they're pulled out of position. Someone needs to man up in there pretty quick. This and the citeh game will be a measure of how far our first choice 11 have come. Must win game if we are still hoping to make 4th. Worrying myself stupid already.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #34: Jan 29, 2013 09:42:59 pm
      I think this is a very important game for Rodgers because he's yet to beat one any team currently in the top 6. If we want to qualify and push on a challenge for the title, we need to be beating these teams as well as the so-called minnows.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #35: Jan 29, 2013 09:51:11 pm
      We need to beat a team above us sooner or later... Arsenal have been leaking goals latley, and we have too so I can see a decent score line here! This could be Gerrads game - I cant see anyone on their team who can match him! Last time we played Diaby tore us apart, I beleive he is injured now so a big refeif for me...

If we win by 4 clear goals we go above them, that is all I am saying.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #36: Jan 29, 2013 10:02:10 pm
      I think this is a very important game for Rodgers because he's yet to beat one any team currently in the top 6.
      If we want to qualify and push on a challenge for the title, we need to be beating these teams as well as the so-called minnows.
      Nothing to add.
      scouse_jatt
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 349 posts | 14 
      Reply #37: Jan 29, 2013 11:10:10 pm
      Massive game no doubt about it, must win for me if we are to stay in the race for 4th. Skrtel and Sterling need to be dropped IMO if we're to win, been so sh*t lately. Is Reina back for it?

Reina?

Wisdom    Carra   Agger   Johnson

Gerrard   Lucas

Shelvey

Sturridge     Suarez     Downing

Use Borini and Sterling as impact subs, their pace will give a tired and super slow Mertesacker the run around 2nd half.

Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #38: Jan 29, 2013 11:12:20 pm
      I'm just glad this game is here so I can stop reading about the bloody Oldham game!

I fully expect Carra top start this one. That's the only reason I can see for him not being involved on Sunday.

Hard to know which Liverpool or Arsenal side will turn up. Hope we look to play on the break with the pace of Sturridge, Suarez and Sterling.

I fancy a 1-1 draw.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #39: Jan 30, 2013 12:42:52 am
      I have a feeling this is going to be a barn burner, 3-4 liverpool with winner in the last 5 minutes.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #40: Jan 30, 2013 02:05:15 am
      I think it's either going to be a high scoring game something like 5-4 (us ;D) or a nil draw.
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #41: Jan 30, 2013 05:22:29 am
      I am not believing we will get a favorable result here.We always struggled against pace and strength under BR. They have plenty of pace. I really hope Diaby will not play, last time he bossed Gerrard.

This will be a 2-1 ( walcot 2, Suarez 1). Hope i am wrong.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #42: Jan 30, 2013 07:31:39 am
      Why are we so fearful of Arse? Are they invincible or unbeatable? Yes, they are good but definitely beatable. I'd say, keep them busy at the other end and as much as possible don't let them get out of their own half and play spoil sport in midfield and don't let that Cazorla fellow the time and freedom on the ball they'll struggle.  Don't care a f**k about their midfiled, as long as we match them everything on the pitch we will beat them. We need to be physical, very physical in this game.  The lads have been labelled soft and there're not too many games left, hope they can prove everyone wrong. Pay back time, I want a 2-0 win for us.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #43: Jan 30, 2013 07:37:43 am
      We have got to attack Arsenal from the kickoff and put them under pressure,if we sit back and defend they will tear us to pieces.If we play to our full ability we will come away with the 3 points.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #44: Jan 30, 2013 07:51:35 am
      I often come across teams that played beautiful passing football will be rattled if the opposition doesn't gives them time on the ball. The longer this continue, frsutration will creep in and they'll most probably loose the game.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #45: Jan 30, 2013 07:58:10 am
      Not confident. Sunday has ruined my whole perception of our team.

Quick Reply