Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 402033 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho Player Thread
      Reply #2645: Aug 15, 2017 10:22:53 am
      Yep, you're right mate, Owen, Xabi, Torres, Suarez and Masch to name a few who have fu**ed off on us, your heart breaks but getting used to it now. They don't love us as much as we love them. Cu*ts.

Well in fairness do you love the customers of the company you work for, I know football is different with a close interaction but its still a useful analogy, at the end of the day the players are employees, very very well paid employees but just employees and unless they came through the youth system or are from the local area then they have no natural bond to the club like the fans do.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2646: Aug 15, 2017 10:58:37 am
      No time now for the little pr**k whether he stays or goes.

Here's a lad that 5 months ago signed a new 5 year deal with no buy out clause included, now we perhaps didn't expect him to see out that deal but we certainly didn't see him destabilising the club as soon as that new deal started.

Head turned bollocks, if Barca are telling him it's now or  never he should back himself that that's not the case, he should have said to them, look it's too soon, I've just signed a new deal there and it's not what I want to do..
      Then back himself to have the type of season that will make them come back for him
      A couple of months ago he was saying how he was Happy, this is where he wanted to be etc etc  and now before he's even kicked another ball he's doing this.

If that's not bad enough and the main reason I've lost all respect for him is the timing, the day before the season  starts, and not only that but he fakes a back injury to add to his selfishness.. If if he had got his head down and continued playing and trying to force the nice the right way I could still respect him.
      He could be saying until it happens I'm a Liverpool player and this CL qualifier is such an important fixture for the continual progression  of this club (that he apparently loved and respected 3 months ago) that I will do my all to get it in the group stages even if I'm not here to play in them (he wouldn't be cup tied for Barca should that happen)
      But no the little c**t fakes a back injury and leaves us high and dry.

I'm too long in tooth football wise to be arsed about individual players, him leaving doesn't upset me but the knock on effect of the timing and his conduct has pissed me off.

Even should he stay he gets nothing from me, team comes first and should he be in it I want the team to do well but he is nothing now for tge way he has treated this football club

Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #2647: Aug 15, 2017 11:00:37 am
      If he played for Liverpool in the champions league tonight (not the he is going to) would he be cup tied for Barca if he did go?

Is that the reason he isn't playing because he MIGHT go there?
      Kopite78
      Reply #2648: Aug 15, 2017 11:03:30 am
      If he played for Liverpool in the champions league tonight (not the he is going to) would he be cup tied for Barca if he did go?

Is that the reason he isn't playing because he MIGHT go there?

No he wouldn't be cup tied.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2649: Aug 15, 2017 09:46:21 pm
      Well in fairness do you love the customers of the company you work for, I know football is different with a close interaction but its still a useful analogy, at the end of the day the players are employees, very very well paid employees but just employees and unless they came through the youth system or are from the local area then they have no natural bond to the club like the fans do.

There's never gonna be the love we have for Couts at Barca, they just toss themself silly over Messi.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #2650: Aug 16, 2017 07:45:10 am
      Sakho was banished from the team for his lack of discipline and attitude. Looks to have tried to knuckle down but is no way back for him. I wonder what the situation will be with Klopp and Coutinho if he stays. By the sounds of tinterviews, I think it seems as though Klopp has possibly had it with Coutinho and would sell him. Transfer request submitted, clearly doesn't want to be here and I don't believe for a second that he's injured...a sore back isn't something they can or cannot prove, smart move by Coutinho. But, if he stays, will Klopp have him back with the team or will he be banished like Sakho? Personally, I think the way Coutinho has been conducting himself is a lot worse than Sakho generally not using his head and being a clown.

Agree if Sakho has a problem with discipline and attitude then that's down to Klopp and his team to to say go soak your head somewhere and sort it out but to banish him from the team. He sent him on loan to do that and get game time and he helped keep palace up with some really good displays. If we keep Coutinho after him asking to leave and faking injury  poses a bigger problem for Klopp.
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #2651: Aug 16, 2017 02:56:59 pm
      Seen players come and go.

He's no different and his attitude doesn't also change all that he's done for us.

My opinion is I think he's gone already, and I don't think he will get the God status he got from here, just ask Neymar unless he's waiting to be integrated after Messi retires.

All the same I wish him the best and thank him for his service to us.

The real job on ground is to get as much money as possible and hope the guys in charge of recruitment spend it wisely.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2652: Aug 16, 2017 04:31:19 pm
      Both Dortmund and Liverpool disrupted because Dembele & Coutinho looking for Barcelona moves despite both clubs saying players not for sale.

Best thing that could happen for Liverpool now is the window to close because I don't trust them to spend the money if Coutinho is sold.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2653: Aug 23, 2017 05:57:28 am
      Personally have no issue with Coutinho looking to move on, it's a free world and I can see the draw they must have to a player like Coutinho.

But alas the move hasn't materialised and it looks like he's staying here.

So a message to Coutinho, time to stop sulking, feigning injury and illness. Get on with it now lad.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #2654: Aug 23, 2017 08:15:43 am
      Could make us all forget about the transfer saga IF he plays tonight and scores.

No player is bigger than the club but he is too good to let rot in the reserves as some of you would like.
      Liverpool FC refused to sell him so we could use him. Let's bloody use him then shall we!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #2655: Aug 23, 2017 08:19:12 am
      Could make us all forget about the transfer saga IF he plays tonight and scores.

No player is bigger than the club but he is too good to let rot in the reserves as some of you would like.
      Liverpool FC refused to sell him so we could use him. Let's bloody use him then shall we!

He's not in the squad for tonight's game so playing and scoring might be tricky.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #2656: Aug 23, 2017 08:25:07 am
      He's not in the squad for tonight's game so playing and scoring might be tricky.

Oh. I mean he's good but he isn't that good.  :mad: :lmao:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2657: Aug 23, 2017 10:22:46 am
      Personally have no issue with Coutinho looking to move on, it's a free world and I can see the draw they must have to a player like Coutinho.

So a message to Coutinho, time to stop sulking, feigning injury and illness. Get on with it now lad.

Actually i disagree, if you look at the state of Barca right now then I'm not sure I would be tempted as a a player. I think it would take a minor miracle for them to win anything this year or the next couple of years. The current team needs major rebuilding and that costs money which I do not think Barca have, despite the money from the Neymar sale.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2658: Aug 23, 2017 10:24:04 am

I'd like to see him in the stands cheering on his teammates tonight though, surely he's not that ill that he can't come to Anfield.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2659: Aug 23, 2017 10:49:28 am
      Speaks volumes about the ambition of our club, that Coutinho wants to move to a sinking ship like Barcelona!
      Jürgen it's prepared to forgive Coutinho, it's a pity he didn't forgive Sakho as quickly!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2660: Aug 23, 2017 11:44:56 am

I agree totally! Man up and play as if nothing happened and next Summer, you can get your wish if you play better than last year.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #2661: Aug 23, 2017 11:50:20 am
      Speaks volumes about the ambition of our club, that Coutinho wants to move to a sinking ship like Barcelona!
      Jürgen it's prepared to forgive Coutinho, it's a pity he didn't forgive Sakho as quickly!

Is Sakho some sort of world beater?

He has almost as many F**k ups Per game as Lovren.

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2662: Aug 23, 2017 12:06:31 pm
      Is Sakho some sort of world beater?

He has almost as many F**k ups Per game as Lovren.

I don't believe that's true at all. Sakho got a reputation for looking uncomfortable in the ball despite the opposite being true, and people jumped on the band wagon that he was dodgy. His time at Palace showed that he is a strong CB, and was made look worse with Moreno and Lovern beside him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #2663: Aug 23, 2017 12:16:51 pm
      I don't believe that's true at all. Sakho got a reputation for looking uncomfortable in the ball despite the opposite being true, and people jumped on the band wagon that he was dodgy. His time at Palace showed that he is a strong CB, and was made look worse with Moreno and Lovern beside him.

I'm not talking about him looking clumsy I'm talking about his individual errors.
      How come Matip doesn't look so bad playing next to Lovren?

Palace play nothing like how we do, any defender will look half decent when you set up like they do.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6377 
      Reply #2664: Aug 23, 2017 12:17:56 pm
      I'm not talking about him looking clumsy I'm talking about his individual errors.
      How come Matip doesn't look so bad playing next to Lovren?

No one looks bad playing next to Lovren.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #2665: Aug 23, 2017 12:19:07 pm
      No one looks bad playing next to Lovren.

Moreno?  :D

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6377 
      Reply #2666: Aug 23, 2017 12:26:08 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2667: Aug 23, 2017 01:16:41 pm

Rubbish, Sakho is about on the same level as Lovren. If he really was as good as you say do you not think Klopp wouldn be trying to give him another chance, somehow, or do you think Klopp deliberately wants to weaken his side?

Look we get it that you love Sakho and think he's been hard done by despite getting a drugs ban, F***ing about during a preseason tour then bad mouthing the manger on multiple occasions but the rest of us including, unfortunately for you and Sakho, the manager think that he is a complete bloody liability and the sooner we get some moron willing to buy him, who appear to be very thin on the ground considering how absolutely amazing a CB he is, the better.

Quick Reply