Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 401364 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6353 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho Player Thread
      Reply #2737: Sep 01, 2017 02:25:48 pm
      Oh f**k me will we have this broken record all the way until January now, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz

NEWSFLASH Southampton absolutely refused to sell and Klopp only had one target, ie not the owners fault in any way apart from hiring Klopp but I assume you aren't critical of that.

I'm not sure why you are so triggered about this. It doesn't matter why we didn't spend...we didn't spend. I'm only pointing out the obvious that if we couldn't spend the 200m we had to spend (for whatever reason), how are we going to then go and spend another 150m?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #2738: Sep 01, 2017 02:29:47 pm
      He's hardly a nailed on starter for Brazil is he and in world cup year it is well within his interest to get his head down and let his football do the talking.

Hope that's the case, and I think it might be considering they are all professionals, but it's not a brilliant thing to have hanging over the dressing room nonetheless.

Hardly a nailed on starter?

He captained Brazil over the Summer and was phenomenal.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2739: Sep 01, 2017 02:42:21 pm
      I'm not sure why you are so triggered about this. It doesn't matter why we didn't spend...we didn't spend. I'm only pointing out the obvious that if we couldn't spend the 200m we had to spend (for whatever reason), how are we going to then go and spend another 150m?

But you miss the point, the club WERE willing to spend, that is obvious unless you subscribe to the absurd conspiracy theories that they only bid knowing 100% they would be rejected which at best would be a bloody dangerous tactic.
      BTW of course it matters why we didn't spend, its always important to find the root cause of any issue so that it can be fixed. In this window we got all our targets except one, VVD. It could be argued that it was stupid not to have a backup for VVD but Klopp presumably did not find anyone else he liked, its the only logical conclusion really.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2740: Sep 01, 2017 02:43:05 pm
      Hardly a nailed on starter?

He captained Brazil over the Summer and was phenomenal.

yes if fit AND motivated then he starts, no question about that, lets not be silly here.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,518 posts | 713 
      Reply #2741: Sep 01, 2017 03:01:06 pm
      Did you say the same about Suarez in his last season with us?

I did not want us to sell him after the bite incident like 70% of the people who voted in this forum did.

Suarez was MUCH better and more valuable to the team back then than Coutinho is now.

I personally think he could possibly flop at Barca, there are some games where he's totally bunk for us. But that's another discussion.

In the past we lost Suarez and moved on, we lost Torres and nobody died. Owen left, Gerrard retired. Rush left and came back.
      Life moves on.

Now we have Mane aka Black Suarez. Firmino, Salah, we've gone from being called a 'one man team' over the years to now, a 3 man team ;D

I don't believe we 'couldn't spend 140 million' if we had it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6353 
      Reply #2742: Sep 01, 2017 03:09:23 pm

But you miss the point, the club WERE willing to spend, that is obvious unless you subscribe to the absurd conspiracy theories that they only bid knowing 100% they would be rejected which at best would be a bloody dangerous tactic.
      BTW of course it matters why we didn't spend, its always important to find the root cause of any issue so that it can be fixed. In this window we got all our targets except one, VVD. It could be argued that it was stupid not to have a backup for VVD but Klopp presumably did not find anyone else he liked, its the only logical conclusion really.

You didn't make a point, so there was none to miss.

Tell me where I'm wrong saying that it would have done us no good to have an extra 150m to spend.

Or to state it a different (maybe simpler for you) way. Do you believe we'd have spent any monies that we received had we sold Coutinho to Barcelona?

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2743: Sep 01, 2017 10:56:30 pm
      I'm like, c**t, F**k off, don't want to see him in our shirt again, then I see this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39wYB2jW0ec

... and I want him back on the field , even vs Man City, but he is still a c**t!!!
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #2744: Sep 01, 2017 11:29:30 pm
      Bench the little shyster, and then bring him on for a few minutes. He's a toe rag mercinary .
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #2745: Sep 02, 2017 12:42:30 am
      Bench the little shyster, and then bring him on for a few minutes. He's a toe rag mercinary .

Jettison him to the unders. I'd have more respect for him if he was forthright and came out and said 'here's my position. Thanks for the memories and development but this is my chance.' Instead it's poor me, cry me a river, a member of the family said this and said that. You're a little coward shitbag Phillipe we'll be better off without you but at least you go on our terms. This player should be a leader of this team but he's not you hardly hear a peep out of him. He's great when things are going to plan, wouldn't want him in the trenches with me though
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,652 posts | 481 
      Reply #2746: Sep 02, 2017 02:49:43 am
      I'm like, c**t, f**k off, don't want to see him in our shirt again, then I see this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39wYB2jW0ec

... and I want him back on the field , even vs Man City, but he is still a c**t!!!
      Its downright cringe-worthy, acting like a f**king diva. Cry a f**king river, you ain't getting any respect from me ever again.

P.S. - Its meant for Coutinho crying in the video, not for the fellow red.
      « Last Edit: Sep 02, 2017 05:23:49 am by Gill95 »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2747: Sep 02, 2017 04:20:27 am
      Its downright cringe-worthy, acting like a f**king diva. Cry a f**king river, you ain't getting any respect from me ever again.

Geez, I didn't think what Purple Monkey said was that bad for you to treat him like that.  :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #2748: Sep 02, 2017 04:28:03 am

Taking things on a forum overly serious is also cringe-worthy!!
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,652 posts | 481 
      Reply #2749: Sep 02, 2017 05:22:18 am
      Woah! I was talking about Coutinho crying in the video, not PM.  :lmao:
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #2750: Sep 02, 2017 07:16:29 am
      Some will boo him now i think. I would not. But I have lost all respect for him and he will not get that back.

I can see him becoming the first player not to play due to stress/depression.

Stories this morning of him crying before the brazil game. The media here and in spain need to accept they failed. Cou needs to man up and accept he failed.

He would not get back into melwood before he issued a full apology to the manager and the whole squad.

Melwood is a place for Liverpool players who are 100% for eachother and the cause. It is not a place for soft ar*es crying over their own spilled milk like a big baby who did not get his way.

People say players are players and will understand ... no chance ... he put the whole squads effort last season to get that cl qualifier at risk ... working with his agent and barca to sabotage us before matches ... especially the hoffenheim games that he could not be bothered to turn up to.

October/late october should be when he returns to thec starting lineup ... id want to see 4 weeks of proper training and perfect professionalism and behaviour before i trusted him again.

Great player .... but ive lost all respect and love for coutinho the man.

Sad.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #2751: Sep 02, 2017 07:38:52 am
      And yet we all would have welcomed VVD with open arms after his considerably more vocal antics to force a move out of Saints. I'll still support the lad, he had his head turned and in surprisingly wanted to leave for the biggest club in the world if your a South American. I was not a fan of this back injury story but I wonder if the club were on board with it until the window finished. What he didn't do (and could have done) is come out with public statements expressing his desire to leave, criticising the club etc.

I just hope we don't have this all again in January.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #2752: Sep 02, 2017 07:44:18 am
      Snake 🐍
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2753: Sep 02, 2017 08:38:56 am
      I did not lose all the respect because he did not want to go to an English team. No one ever said they lost respect for Suarez wanting to go to Arsenal.

We need not to boo him, if he plays with 100% concentration and brings us success, who are we to argue with him wanting to go to Barca.

Owners kept their word and now he needs to play for the shirt because he needs Barca to come again for him.

YNWA Coutinho for me!!!
      Kopite78
      Reply #2754: Sep 02, 2017 09:35:39 am
      People wont boo him... won't happen

But what he has done is lose the respect and adulation he had built up over his time here.

He said if you do things here they remember you as a legend and they build statues of you..

That's what's he's fu**ed  up,   getting booed isn't an issue because we wont do that, but now when he leaves he won't leave with love and admiration, it will be through the back door as someone who threw that love  back in our faces

He's just another player now, and maybe he doesn't care about that but he did when he signed the new deal by all accounts.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2755: Sep 02, 2017 09:43:53 am
      Straight in to the first XI against City for me, simplest way to draw a line under the matter and stop it dragging on.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2756: Sep 02, 2017 09:49:18 am
      Straight in to the first XI against City for me, simplest way to draw a line under the matter and stop it dragging on.

He doesn't deserve that Daz.

Not in terms of what's happened but how the  team has played recently.

I'm sure the lads will be pleased to see him back but at the same time say Emre is dropped to bring him back in? What's he think then?

That doesn't draw any line under it for me it makes more of an issue.

In the bench and involved draws a line under it
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2757: Sep 02, 2017 09:49:26 am

You didn't make a point, so there was none to miss.

Tell me where I'm wrong saying that it would have done us no good to have an extra 150m to spend.

Or to state it a different (maybe simpler for you) way. Do you believe we'd have spent any monies that we received had we sold Coutinho to Barcelona?

Yes I believe we would have spent any money we made from a Coutinho sale.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2758: Sep 02, 2017 09:55:35 am

Totally agree, we can't leave a chance to ruin us.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2759: Sep 02, 2017 10:02:56 am
      Totally agree, we can't leave a chance to ruin us.

What about the lads who have got us into the Cl proper? That smashed arsenal and have us second in the league right now?

Can who has 10 months left on his deal is dropped for the lad who has acted like he has through the summer takes his place the first chance possible

Yeah way to go with the team unity buddy

What would can think? I know what I'd think in his position  when I've only got less than a year to run and wonder about my place at the club

Quick Reply