Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 401551 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Philippe Coutinho Player Thread
      Reply #2829: Sep 07, 2017 03:55:41 pm
      Is the idea to punish him by leaving him out for a few games?

Bench him me

But only because of the fact the lads who have been playing deserve to carry on doing so
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #2830: Sep 07, 2017 04:04:03 pm
      Is the idea to punish him by leaving him out for a few games?

Yes, practically speaking. He should not be included in the match day squad because the team can still win without him going by our current form.

Obviously, the main problem with that is we will be feeding the trolls and the media further as in the past week everybody in Brazil seem to have an been opinion on this (latest was Gaucho I think).
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #2831: Sep 07, 2017 04:08:10 pm
      Straight into the first 11 for me.

He's F***ing quality and always plays a blinder against city. We need his magic.

As much as I like Can, he's also playing us by not signing a new contract.

Coutinho Henderson Wijnaldum for me.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,197 posts | 1205 
      Reply #2832: Sep 07, 2017 04:11:09 pm
      Yes, practically speaking. He should not be included in the match day squad because the team can still win without him going by our current form.

Obviously, the main problem with that is we will be feeding the trolls and the media further as in the past week everybody in Brazil seem to have an been opinion on this (latest was Gaucho I think).

I would rather see him play because he is our best player. Ultimately though I would trust the manager to work it out.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #2833: Sep 07, 2017 04:15:18 pm
      I would rather see him play because he is our best player. Ultimately though I would trust the manager to work it out.

Yea mate, to each his own. Just my thought on this.

As you say we trust in the manager to decide what is right for the club as we can rest assured that he will make the right decision.
      « Last Edit: Sep 07, 2017 04:36:04 pm by redindian »
      Kopite78
      Reply #2834: Sep 07, 2017 04:18:20 pm

As much as I like Can, he's also playing us by not signing a new contract.

Playing us? By reports he's always concerned about playing time

You think bombing him for a lad who could have messed up our season and progression will help that?

He would be back and involved for me but you can't reward his behaviour by a return straight to the starting 11 especially as the team has been playing well

Not my type of man management like
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #2835: Sep 07, 2017 04:21:10 pm
      No way he starts against City after the sh*t he pulled. 
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2836: Sep 07, 2017 05:45:52 pm
      Bench him me

But only because of the fact the lads who have been playing deserve to carry on doing so

Is right and the fact that he did not train with the squad before he left and the fact that Phil is a notoriously slow starter after coming back into the side makes me think he is on the bench for the next few matches as they work him back in from his ...hmmm back issues.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2837: Sep 07, 2017 05:53:18 pm
      No way he starts against City after the sh*t he pulled.
      Remember back in old football games where you could change team and score own goals if you were losing? Wouldn't surprise me to see Coutinho run back from the half way line and stick it in his own net. I think he can start against Burnley when we are 3-0 up or something. Good player, but I don't trust the guy until he has clearly dropped all this Barca crap.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2838: Sep 07, 2017 06:04:32 pm
      Listening to Jürgen be surprised if he was even in the squad , reckon he will be probably be on the bench
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #2839: Sep 07, 2017 06:06:46 pm
      I'm torn on this one because, as someone mentioned already, Coutinho always seems to have a blinder against City. But how do you drop Wijnaldum, Can, Salah, Firmino or Mane after that performance against Arsenal?
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #2840: Sep 07, 2017 06:15:26 pm
      Listening to Jürgen be surprised if he was even in the squad , reckon he will be probably be on the bench

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/905824965974478848

This particular quote.. Because he is coming back from a back injury :D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #2841: Sep 07, 2017 06:15:49 pm
      I'm torn on this one because, as someone mentioned already, Coutinho always seems to have a blinder against City. But how do you drop Wijnaldum, Can, Salah, Firmino or Mane after that performance against Arsenal?

I hear you but for me I think that one is easy.......you don't drop Salah, Bobby or Mane because they are key to the system.

As regards Gini and Can - you do it for a vey straightforward reason because you believe Phil is fully fit, mentally ready and as such he offers more and you explain to the player dropped why - honestly.

If you don't believe all that then you don't.

The players know how good Phil is and whilst they might not appreciate being dropped - they get why he's in team.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2842: Sep 07, 2017 06:18:05 pm
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2843: Sep 07, 2017 08:22:19 pm
      Wouldn't surprise me to see Coutinho run back from the half way line and stick it in his own net.

I've read some bollocks in my time...
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2844: Sep 07, 2017 08:23:44 pm
      Wouldn't surprise me to see Coutinho run back from the half way line and stick it in his own net.

Hahahahaa, tbh, I wouldn't be surprised myself :p
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #2845: Sep 07, 2017 08:30:39 pm
      https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/905826061178593280

Them Brazilian chicks, they are magic. :D
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1648 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2846: Sep 07, 2017 08:39:09 pm
      https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/905824965974478848

This particular quote.. Because he is coming back from a back injury :D

Based on Jurgens comments today, and the fact that he hasn't played for us yet this season, and all the sh*te with Barca, would be VERY surprised to see him waltz into the first XI for the Shitty game.

Good to have a 138mill valued player to come off the bench tho if needed ....
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #2847: Sep 07, 2017 10:55:00 pm
      Some will boo him now i think. I would not.

Do you genuinely think he would have got booed by Liverpool fans?  I know the make up of the crowd has changed a bit in the past decade but it surely hasn't changed that much.

The very worst he will get is indifference.  But if we go through a bad spell then he is likely to have moved a lot further up the potential whipping boy stakes.

Great to see him back in training because we've got an important League Cup game coming up in 10 days.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #2848: Sep 08, 2017 03:22:20 am
      Remember back in old football games where you could change team and score own goals if you were losing? Wouldn't surprise me to see Coutinho run back from the half way line and stick it in his own net. I think he can start against Burnley when we are 3-0 up or something. Good player, but I don't trust the guy until he has clearly dropped all this Barca crap.

Utter rubbish.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2849: Sep 08, 2017 05:56:59 am
      Stick him on the bench, bring him on when needed.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2850: Sep 08, 2017 09:01:15 am
      Do you genuinely think he would have got booed by Liverpool fans?  I know the make up of the crowd has changed a bit in the past decade but it surely hasn't changed that much.

The very worst he will get is indifference.  But if we go through a bad spell then he is likely to have moved a lot further up the potential whipping boy stakes.

Great to see him back in training because we've got an important League Cup game coming up in 10 days.
      The opposition fans will certainly boo him. We are playing away remember. They will focus on him because it was a big saga in the news and he won't fully know where he is being booed from, since I also think a minority of Liverpool fans will boo him also.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2851: Sep 08, 2017 09:02:43 am
      It probably was not the most accurate thing I have posted, Just wanted to emphasise that he is untrusted and I would start him back against Burnley or league cup.
      « Last Edit: Sep 08, 2017 09:30:37 am by Ribapuru »

Quick Reply