Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 400947 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho Player Thread
      Reply #3082: Dec 12, 2017 08:37:25 pm
      I just think Klopp is all about mobility and pressing in that central strking position. Iā€™d question how well Luis can fulfill those roles now heā€™s in his 30s

You've lost your head
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,479 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3083: Dec 17, 2017 03:57:43 pm
      Will get to see the game today, hoping for some class from Phil against Bournemouth...
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,891 posts | 815 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #3084: Dec 17, 2017 09:38:48 pm
      Will get to see the game today, hoping for some class from Phil against Bournemouth...

You weren't left disappointed then mate.
      Kopite78
      Reply #3085: Dec 17, 2017 09:41:33 pm
      He's a proper c**t like. But he was excellent today
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,479 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3086: Dec 17, 2017 09:43:16 pm
      You weren't left disappointed then mate.

There's a reason Barca want him. Top player. Showed his class again today.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #3087: Dec 17, 2017 09:54:29 pm
      But he looks more and more as if he just plays not to p*ss us off, so he can demand a move soon. No genuine fire, excitement and happiness. Of course I cannot blame him, he gives 100%, but I miss this extra illusion. Still I'd say we need to lock him at least three more seasons till 2021, just to set a bold precedent to players, fans, sponsors and the public. If we let him go, we become to Barca, Real and PSG what the Saints are for us. But I don't know if it's too simple because then young top players might not want to sign with us anymore or only shorter....
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 1074 
      Reply #3088: Dec 17, 2017 11:20:05 pm
      I struggle to root for him, though I am happy for our team when he scores and helps us win. At this point I want him to keep playing world class and than sell him for a boat load of cash. He has ruined it for a lot of fans, but I have to root for the club and thus want every player on the pitch to succeed.

Does anyone else think he is tryin to sabotage Robo? Watch how often he links up with Moreno and than watch how he almost never passes it out Wife to Andy. Trying to help his boy Berty stay in the starting 11? Just a theory
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,592 posts | 2153 
      Reply #3089: Dec 19, 2017 03:55:47 pm
      Why does Coutinho want to leave us anyway? Suppose we give him the salary which Barca offers plus 1Ā£. Would he still want to leave? So is it just about money or are there more (weather, spanish girls, language, better spanish TV,...)?

Might have something to do with being guaranteed a Title Challenge and Champions League Title Challenge every season. You have to be at LFC for a full 7-8 years to get just one of those. Throw in the fact that Barca is pretty much the dream for any South American footballer from the day they kicked a football and you're pretty much there.

Of course you can throw in the better salary, better money and the language factor as well I suppose and the fact that you know Barca will not sell their best players and will continue to bid for the best players in the world plus his mrs would probably be well up for a move to Catalonia.

I'd say the odds are against us keeping him!

But I think he stays until the summer. If we can qualify for the Champions League again and get ourselves into the quarter-finals of the Champs League i'll wish I'm well.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3090: Dec 19, 2017 10:37:54 pm
      Starting to see talk of Barca wanting Griezeman and getting him instead of Coutinho. They can't afford both and Griezeman is a darn sight cheaper than Coutinho. Hopefully all goes well and they sign him for the reason Coutinho is too expensive. Be boss to have Coutinho another season, especially with Keita to arrive.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3091: Dec 19, 2017 10:39:35 pm
      Starting to see talk of Barca wanting Griezeman and getting him instead of Coutinho. They can't afford both and Griezeman is a darn sight cheaper than Coutinho. Hopefully all goes well and they sign him for the reason Coutinho is too expensive. Be boss to have Coutinho another season, especially with Keita to arrive.

Wouldn't be surprised in the least to see PSG come in for Phil.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3092: Dec 19, 2017 10:41:42 pm
      Wouldn't be surprised in the least to see PSG come in for Phil.

Same here. But, they have got to pay about 180mill for Mbappe in the summer haven't they? They couldn't get away with signing him and Neymar in the same window so had to loan Mbappe for the season. Would they be able to swing getting Coutinho for 140mill+ as well as pay the Mbappe fee?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3093: Dec 19, 2017 10:45:45 pm
      Same here. But, they have got to pay about 180mill for Mbappe in the summer haven't they? They couldn't get away with signing him and Neymar in the same window so had to loan Mbappe for the season. Would they be able to swing getting Coutinho for 140mill+ as well as pay the Mbappe fee?

If anybody could it would be them.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3094: Dec 19, 2017 10:52:00 pm
      If anybody could it would be them.

True that.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 269 
      Reply #3095: Dec 20, 2017 09:58:43 am
      I'd be sad to see him go to Barca but would fully get why,  I would be pissed off if he went to PSG though.
      Also I think the media seem hell bent on him going, as they became obsessed with Suarez.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #3096: Dec 20, 2017 10:03:03 am
      Itā€™s sacrilege I know but itā€™s also my honest opinion......

Ā£140m for Phil and Ā£90m to get Lemar in.......is a good deal longer term.

Philā€™s going - the only questions are when / where. I think Barca and quite possibly January.

Iā€™ll miss the little magician but we have lost and we will lose better.
      Kopite78
      Reply #3097: Dec 20, 2017 10:26:53 am
      Itā€™s sacrilege I know but itā€™s also my honest opinion......

Ā£140m for Phil and Ā£90m to get Lemar in.......is a good deal longer term.

Philā€™s going - the only questions are when / where. I think Barca and quite possibly January.

Iā€™ll miss the little magician but we have lost and we will lose better.

Can't see him going in January, if so what was the  point in last summer? Why insist and succeed in keeping him here to them let him go mid season? It makes no sense

I have no doubt he's going next summer but I just don't see January as viable or it makes August make less sense.

He's not Happy, he says it was a job and he was interested, but Phil, this is your job, it's not like any other job as you were happy to sign a long contract a couple of months before Barca offered you a 'job'... you were happy to sign that and as a consequence of we don't deem it right for us you stay, you get your head down and you leave when we feel it works for us.
      If anything blame your agent for not sounding out Barca before you signed, or question your willingness to jump at a pay rise when you didn't think that bee new job offer was there.

The lads a c**t as far as I'm concerned for the way he has acted but he's a c**t  that leaves when we say so. Not January because that doesn't benefit us. The summer he can f**k off and not drip sh*te platitudes on us to make it easier like that other pr**k suarez

If he'd not been happy at his current job then why sign a 5 year deal to stay in it and take a large pay bump to then try to leave at the soonest possible opportunity after it.. doesn't work like that. Transfer requests the day before the season starts, faking  back injuries.. little pr**k.

But no he shouldn't and won't in my opinion leave in January because we still have too much to play for this year and letting him go won't help us to achieve that.

In the summer though? Definitely for me, slinking out the back door.
      I won't miss  him, he's replaceable. I don't miss suarez and he was more of a game 'winner' that Coutinho
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3098: Dec 20, 2017 10:46:03 am
      Can't see him leaving in Jan to be fair, he's cup tied in the CL and would be of no benefit to Barca, they seem to be coping well in the domestic league without him too..

So summer it is..

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,532 posts | 3903 
      Reply #3099: Dec 20, 2017 11:03:35 am
      Can't see him going in January, if so what was the  point in last summer? Why insist and succeed in keeping him here to them let him go mid season? It makes no sense

I have no doubt he's going next summer but I just don't see January as viable or it makes August make less sense.

He's not Happy, he says it was a job and he was interested, but Phil, this is your job, it's not like any other job as you were happy to sign a long contract a couple of months before Barca offered you a 'job'... you were happy to sign that and as a consequence of we don't deem it right for us you stay, you get your head down and you leave when we feel it works for us.
      If anything blame your agent for not sounding out Barca before you signed, or question your willingness to jump at a pay rise when you didn't think that bee new job offer was there.

The lads a c**t as far as I'm concerned for the way he has acted but he's a c**t  that leaves when we say so. Not January because that doesn't benefit us. The summer he can f**k off and not drip sh*te platitudes on us to make it easier like that other pr**k suarez

If he'd not been happy at his current job then why sign a 5 year deal to stay in it and take a large pay bump to then try to leave at the soonest possible opportunity after it.. doesn't work like that. Transfer requests the day before the season starts, faking  back injuries.. little pr**k.

But no he shouldn't and won't in my opinion leave in January because we still have too much to play for this year and letting him go won't help us to achieve that.

I won't miss  him, he's replaceable. I don't miss suarez and he was more of a game 'winner' that Coutinho

I feel the exact same way. But I do admire the fact that he continues to do the business for us. Those freekicks are spectacular and weā€™ll need that on Friday.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #3100: Dec 20, 2017 11:25:40 am

Can't see him leaving in Jan to be fair, he's cup tied in the CL and would be of no benefit to Barca, they seem to be coping well in the domestic league without him too..

So summer it is..

Youā€™re probably right fellas.

Something about the summer just seemed odd - I was never convinced that FSG ā€œheld their positionā€ so much as JĆ¼rgen walked them into it with his statements.

Weā€™ll see I guess - Iā€™ve said from end of last window something seemed off to me.
      Kopite78
      Reply #3101: Dec 20, 2017 11:48:08 am
      Youā€™re probably right fellas.

Something about the summer just seemed odd - I was never convinced that FSG ā€œheld their positionā€ so much as JĆ¼rgen walked them into it with his statements.

Weā€™ll see I guess - Iā€™ve said from end of last window something seemed off to me.

I genuinely find it fascinating Al how we read things differently as fans because I didn't see it that way. I genuinely think it was a club decision to show we wont be pushed about especially in an unwritten rule period of time  ( a players new long term deal has just kicked in) and if anyone needed convincing it would be Klopp.

What we knpw about the manager is that he wants compete buy in from his players and the one thing Coutinho isn't right now is completely bought in and wanting what everyone else at the club wants.

Klopp is known to want pre seasons in his players and works hard on shape and fitness in the summer for the season. Which is why I don't see us signing anyone in January  (bar a deal being resurrected for VVD)  because he doesn't really have the time or inclination mid season to do the work h is still having to do on Chamberlain.. who was signed if anything a lot later than Klopp would want because he is still having to bring him up to speed in December that should hace been done is July and August.

To lose a key player mid season and not being able to get anyone to that level of understanding mid season just looks an utter no no for me from Klopp.

I think Klopp will happily let him go but not mid season when we need him, we have no need to sell and we still have so much to play for. Cl both for the now ans qualifying for next, the fa cup...

From Cuntinho's point of view he can't strop  because of thr world cup and he doesn't hold any of the cards here.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #3102: Dec 20, 2017 12:49:33 pm
      I genuinely find it fascinating Al how we read things differently as fans because I didn't see it that way. I genuinely think it was a club decision to show we wont be pushed about especially in an unwritten rule period of time  ( a players new long term deal has just kicked in) and if anyone needed convincing it would be Klopp.

What we knpw about the manager is that he wants compete buy in from his players and the one thing Coutinho isn't right now is completely bought in and wanting what everyone else at the club wants.

Klopp is known to want pre seasons in his players and works hard on shape and fitness in the summer for the season. Which is why I don't see us signing anyone in January  (bar a deal being resurrected for VVD)  because he doesn't really have the time or inclination mid season to do the work h is still having to do on Chamberlain.. who was signed if anything a lot later than Klopp would want because he is still having to bring him up to speed in December that should hace been done is July and August.

To lose a key player mid season and not being able to get anyone to that level of understanding mid season just looks an utter no no for me from Klopp.

I think Klopp will happily let him go but not mid season when we need him, we have no need to sell and we still have so much to play for. Cl both for the now ans qualifying for next, the fa cup...

From Cuntinho's point of view he can't strop  because of thr world cup and he doesn't hold any of the cards here.

Itā€™s great isnā€™t it how we can see the same inputs but infer / draw conclusions so differently. Makes the world more interesting :)

In this case it probably betrays my reservations re FSG more than anything else.

There was definitely a period in the window where JĆ¼rgenā€™s mood / messaging changed re Phil and seemed more uncertain before hardening again.

To me this seemed to be evidence that the board wanted to do business and JĆ¼rgen was saying ā€œwhoah, this is not what I signed up forā€.....

Everything you say as to why he stays makes perfect sense so Iā€™m not going to try to counter ;)

Philā€™s behaviour was sh#t. As bad as anything Suarez did re transfers.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8513 
      Reply #3103: Dec 20, 2017 01:41:20 pm

Good to see Atletico have got a set of bollocks on them and reporting Barca for trying to tap up Griezmann.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,479 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3104: Dec 20, 2017 03:12:11 pm
      Reports he's going for 133mill in January.
      Amazing fee, if true.
      Still think he'll go in January, barely hung onto him in the summer, if Barca come on strong again with BIG bucks, don't think there is an appetite to repel them again.  Like Luke at the end of The Empire Strikes Back
      Really dislike the way players can wriggle out of contracts/clubs in this way, Cou was basically on strike there some months back - it's not right.
      Still, for some reason I can't hate the guy, like him and what he does out on the pitch too much. Makes no sense, I know. But he's my favourite player in the PL to watch. And he plays for us.
      Shame.
      The old vicious circle - need to be winning things to keep these players, but need these players to win things.
      No sweat, eh JĆ¼rgen! :)

Quick Reply