Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 401824 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Philippe Coutinho Player Thread
      Reply #3105: Dec 20, 2017 03:33:38 pm
      If he goes in January then I'll seriously question the ambition and brains of the people in charge of the club

Like I say though.. 0% chance of him going in January for me
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3106: Dec 20, 2017 05:03:12 pm
      It’s sacrilege I know but it’s also my honest opinion......

£140m for Phil and £90m to get Lemar in.......is a good deal longer term.

Phil’s going - the only questions are when / where. I think Barca and quite possibly January.

I’ll miss the little magician but we have lost and we will lose better.

We should have the money for VVD and Lemar and even if we don't...best case would be grab them both in Jan, let them bed in. Going into the Summer window we have VVD/Lemar (already here) and Keita coming in...pick up another CB and front man...boom gtg.
      Kopite78
      Reply #3107: Dec 20, 2017 05:13:01 pm
      We should have the money for VVD and Lemar and even if we don't...best case would be grab them both in Jan, let them bed in. Going into the Summer window we have VVD/Lemar (already here) and Keita coming in...pick up another CB and front man...boom gtg.

You listen to too much TAW mate  ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,393 posts | 3397 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3108: Dec 20, 2017 05:27:08 pm
      Good to see Atletico have got a set of bollocks on them and reporting Barca for trying to tap up Griezmann.

Whilst serving their own ban
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,520 posts | 1660 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3109: Dec 20, 2017 05:27:31 pm
      We should have the money for VVD and Lemar and even if we don't...best case would be grab them both in Jan, let them bed in.
      Yep, something to be said for that alright. Take a hit/risk for rest of this season by doing the big transfers in Jan. And they are well bedded in come next season.
      Plus if Barca are really willing to pay 133mill, and Cou is definitely going to go at some stage,  strike while the iron is hot - he could do his cruciate and where'd we be then.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3110: Dec 20, 2017 05:34:18 pm
      You listen to too much TAW mate  ;D

That's possible  ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3111: Dec 20, 2017 06:14:07 pm
      Good to see Atletico have got a set of bollocks on them and reporting Barca for trying to tap up Griezmann.

We tried but ended up writing a public apology for VVD instead.

Not sure Atletico really have a leg to stand on though. They re-signed Diego Costa outside the transfer window and seeing as Greizeman has a release clause, there’s nothing actually stopping Barca matching that and getting a deal agreed now ready.
      Arlen Correa
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 125 posts | 37 
      Reply #3112: Dec 20, 2017 09:19:00 pm
      We should sign Arthur from Gremio to replace him.
      Probably would be a €30 mi fee and we could sign Lemar too.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,720 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3113: Dec 21, 2017 09:56:43 am

Hope they get a Transfer Ban for the next 2 years. PHIL stays, they can get fu**ed. WIN WIN
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3114: Dec 23, 2017 04:04:36 pm
      Was really good again yesterday.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,607 posts | 3914 
      Reply #3115: Dec 23, 2017 08:24:38 pm

He’s a world class football player and only getting better. Gutted he’s going to leave
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,607 posts | 3914 
      Reply #3116: Dec 27, 2017 12:37:52 pm
      He really is world class and so consistent now.

Top top player and I’m gutted he’s going to leave.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,358 posts | 1028 
      Reply #3117: Dec 27, 2017 08:23:50 pm
      Can someone find me a video of that pass to Solanke last night. It’s all I can think about.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,720 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3118: Dec 27, 2017 10:14:22 pm
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3119: Dec 27, 2017 10:30:49 pm
      Barca are on a bit of a downward slow tailspin with an aging team, financial issues etc...here we are bringing in VVD, Keita and have a really good squad..I know these Brazilian fellas dream of playing in Spain but honestly with this manager and the quality of players we have and are bringing in LFC is a better proposition right now than Barca.
      Scottbot

• 9,598 posts | 2156 
      Reply #3120: Dec 27, 2017 11:12:32 pm
      Barca are on a bit of a downward slow tailspin with an aging team, financial issues etc...here we are bringing in VVD, Keita and have a really good squad..I know these Brazilian fellas dream of playing in Spain but honestly with this manager and the quality of players we have and are bringing in LFC is a better proposition right now than Barca.

Not being funnny mate but aren't they like 7 points clear at the top of La Liga? We're in 4th and 20 points off of top spot and only half way through the season.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3121: Dec 27, 2017 11:20:39 pm
      Not being funnny mate but aren't they like 7 points clear at the top of La Liga? We're in 4th and 20 points off of top spot and only half way through the season.

Well they do have cash/transfer issues, the squad is old; they just lost Neymar to PSG.

So yeah they are not a total wreck this year but things are going to have to change there in a hurry as that squad is getting long in the tooth.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,393 posts | 3397 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3122: Dec 27, 2017 11:45:40 pm

I think people are in danger of over estimating these 'financial issues' , the money is still left from neymar plus the regular budget. It isn't enough to get the players they need but as the old saying goes rumours of Barcelona's desmise have been greatly exaggerated
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #3123: Dec 27, 2017 11:45:47 pm
      Well they do have cash/transfer issues, the squad is old; they just lost Neymar to PSG.

So yeah they are not a total wreck this year but things are going to have to change there in a hurry as that squad is getting long in the tooth.

Come on, people seem to preach Barcelona's downfall every single season... They're still a much better team than us and a much more enticing proposition to any footballer in the world. Most of our players would go running to them if they called

I understand we're all excited but let's have some perspective here, the lad we just signed played for Celtic and Southampton :D, he's not exactly Lionel Messi.

That said, I do hope we're able to convince Coutinho to stay. He seems to be becoming ever more consistent and reliable. He's always been good but a bit frustrating at times. I think he's about to reach another level, where the likes of Kevin de Bruyne are.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3124: Dec 28, 2017 12:49:00 am
      Come on, people seem to preach Barcelona's downfall every single season... They're still a much better team than us and a much more enticing proposition to any footballer in the world. Most of our players would go running to them if they called

Pfft, do you not remember the 4-0 thumping ;)

I understand we're all excited but let's have some perspective here, the lad we just signed played for Celtic and Southampton :D

Come on, we know that means nothing. We've picked up plenty of players from teams of that caliber who have gone on to be damn good signings for us, players that have then been wanted by the likes of Barca and Madrid.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #3125: Dec 28, 2017 09:51:01 am
      Come on, we know that means nothing. We've picked up plenty of players from teams of that caliber who have gone on to be damn good signings for us, players that have then been wanted by the likes of Barca and Madrid.

I know it means nothing in terms of how good the player is or can be, I was talking in regards to being, as a club, a more appealing option for ambitious footballers.

Like Coutinho himself - hey Philippe, do you want to play with world stars Piqué, Busquets, Iniesta, Suarez and Messi? Oh wait, we've just signed a CB from a failed Dutch national team with experience in the Scottish league and who was great for Southampton, I think you should reconsider!

:D I badly want Philippe to stay but let's be real here, unless we see much improved results on the pitch to convince he can challenge for trophies here, he'll still want to go come the end of the season no matter how many *potential* stars we sign - because as much as I think they're both great players, the likes of Keita and van Dijk are not anywhere near world class recognition yet, they have the potential to be though.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #3126: Dec 28, 2017 09:56:43 am
      I have given up on holding Coutinho to his contract because I realize that would scare away too many good young players in the future. Forcing people to owe their contract in a world of whores is noble, but makes you short-lived. So here is my proposal: We sell him for 120 Mio. € now, but only with effect in summer 2018, just like Leipzig did with Keita.
      « Last Edit: Dec 28, 2017 12:40:19 pm by Pippen »
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #3127: Dec 28, 2017 09:56:58 am
      I think Phil will only consider staying if something special happens this season that turns his head toward his previous 'wanting to be a club legend' comments.

Barca should be reported but I feel like we're not entirely shutting the door to keep Phil content for his options at the end of the season. The club must still do all they can to keep him though, no bending over like we did for them in the Suarez deal.

Quick Reply