Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Best beer making country

Read 7394 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Re: Best beer making country
      Reply #46: Feb 10, 2013 09:45:45 pm
      Found this today - seriously give it a bash...

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8804/imageubg.jpg
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #47: Feb 10, 2013 11:15:04 pm

Looks like something I'd like to try mate.

Is it hard to come by?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #48: Feb 10, 2013 11:22:37 pm
      Example England. So many breweries creating so many largers, stouts, bitters etc. None of which would probably come in at number 1 in the best beer league but overall England must be up there.

Some of the micro-breweries popping up over here make some proper decent beers.  Couple of small brewers up in Cumbria and even the Liverpool Organic Brewery do some proper decent ales.

When it comes to lagers though I think the German's have it sewn up.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #49: Feb 10, 2013 11:34:27 pm
      Thoroughly subjective, my personal favourite is Modelo which is a Mexican beer. Same company that makes Corona and will probably be looked down upon by all the high standards of the beer purists but does the job for me.

Been to plenty of beer tasting and sampled an awful lot of German / Belgian beers that are without doubt lovely but personally none quite beat a Modelo.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #50: Feb 10, 2013 11:37:32 pm
      Looks like something I'd like to try mate.

Is it hard to come by?

Waitrose SRS - it was just sitting here waiting for me...

Interestingly back of the label was lost exclusively foreign - making me guess mostly for the export market. Lovely stuff though.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #51: Feb 10, 2013 11:41:02 pm
      Waitrose SRS - it was just sitting here waiting for me...

Interestingly back of the label was lost exclusively foreign - making me guess mostly for the export market. Lovely stuff though.

We don't have Waitrose over here so I'll keep an eye out for it in Tescos and the like.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #52: Feb 10, 2013 11:47:45 pm
      We don't have Waitrose over here so I'll keep an eye out for it in Tescos and the like.
      Ah never occurred to me sorry - we've only had them up here for a year to eighteen months.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #53: Feb 10, 2013 11:51:25 pm
      Ah never occurred to me sorry - we've only had them up here for a year to eighteen months.

No problem.

If you like stuff like that then give the Old Tom that Rodders and I were talking about above as it really is the best beer I've had.
      Bier
      Reply #54: Feb 11, 2013 12:47:57 am
      I wouldn't say my country is even close to the best beer making country, but we do have one of Europe's most critically acclaimed brewers, Brewery De Molen. And then especially their Hel & Verdoemenis imperial stouts (Hell & Damnation).

That's Hel & Verdoemenis 666, which is basically Hel & Verdoemenis aged on oak chips which have been soaked in 40 year old cognac. Damn tasty and heavy beer, but hard to come by and expensive as it's a limited batch. But I've visited the brewery twice and had a good taste. It's called 666 because it's batch 666 of Hel & Verdoemenis. Their other Hel & Verdoemenis beers are great too, and the Tsarina Esra too. Anyway, if anyone ever runs into a Hel & Verdoemenis beer, give it a try.

After writing this I've decided I need to pay them a visit again soon. :D
      « Last Edit: Feb 11, 2013 01:09:22 am by Bier »

Quick Reply