Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Pre-match: Manchester City v Liverpool | 1600 3-Feb-13

Read 7917 times
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Re: Pre-match: Manchester City v Liverpool | 1600 3-Feb-13
      Reply #46: Feb 03, 2013 12:06:12 am
      Would take the draw but I think we can have these!
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,935 posts | 283 
      Reply #47: Feb 03, 2013 12:18:59 am
      Does Coutinho have a work permit yet? If so, nice game to be thrown in at the deep end with :D

Hes not part as mentioned by Pascoe
      http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/pascoe-gives-city-squad-update

We need points. They are under par at the moment, we are pretty much full strength. We wont have a better chance at the Etihad to get 3 points.

Im confident.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #48: Feb 03, 2013 07:57:55 am
      Draw or lose that is 4th gone and that is the reality of it.

Taken a year out from it.
      I was getting the dilemma of the Woy days.
      Predict with my heart (Win) or head (Who Knows).
      So leave it until next year.

Don't worry Skip the way our results have been over the last 4 or 5 seasons it can only come down to luck this prediction lark.Still as usual I let my heart rule when predicting our results and as usual I have gone for us to beat City.Oh for the old days when you predicted a win and you would be 99% certain of being correct.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #49: Feb 03, 2013 09:32:14 am
      Whatever happens, I just hope that if we do go ahead, we don't start with that Stoke tactics bollocks we did at Arsenal.  Keep pushing it down their throats from the first minute to the last. 
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,602 posts | 1509 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #50: Feb 03, 2013 11:24:15 am
      I think we will nick it, Sturridge and Suarez 2-1
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #51: Feb 03, 2013 11:29:45 am
      Suarez needs to play closer to Sturridge today, they weren't able to link up much mid-week and it was a bit dissappointing how negative we seemed to line up. Play him in the whole and go for it; we'ver shown all season our defense isnt quite good enough to deal with constant pressure if we don't put pressure on the opposition.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #52: Feb 03, 2013 11:37:35 am
      If we press high up the pitch and the same intensity as we did for the first half hour at the emirates for the full 90 then I'm confident we'll get something from the game, if we drop deep and invite City on to us then I fear they'll take advantage of that and turn us over.

Optimistic yet nervous about this match as its got the potential to define how we end the season.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,318 posts | 4956 
      Reply #53: Feb 03, 2013 12:04:51 pm
      If we press high up the pitch and the same intensity as we did for the first half hour at the emirates for the full 90 then I'm confident we'll get something from the game, if we drop deep and invite City on to us then I fear they'll take advantage of that and turn us over.

Optimistic yet nervous about this match as its got the potential to define how we end the season.

Spot on Daz.

I've always thought that our team playing at their best is a match for anyone so three points are achievable today.

We can't afford to let them into the game as much as we did second half against Arsenal.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #54: Feb 03, 2013 12:39:49 pm
      As mentioned above Citeh have quality all over the pitch, including the bench, so there losses through injury/suspension doesnt really make them a weakened side, but Iam quite confident that if we play the way we know we can, like we did with good spells against arsenal, we can take the 3 points home, yes it will be helping manure, but we need to look after our own games and let the rest do whatever, I only care about our results as we cant infulence games were not involved in. Iam going with 1-3, us coming from behind, but I'd take a 1 nil anyday. We could really do with beating a top side, if only so the "pundits" have to find somthing else to say about us. Come on the RED MEN :D
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #55: Feb 03, 2013 12:54:07 pm
      Yup not arsed about man F***ing utd anymore,that particular genie left the bottle after they got the 19 th,couldn't give sh*t about that lot anymore.

Think we are a match for anyone if we press up the field and attack.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #56: Feb 03, 2013 01:15:45 pm
      Toure and Kompany are massive losses for them, but they have a very deep squad, and even if their replacements are not at their level, they will be very good.

Our best shot is to pack the midfield, and DONT let the ball reach their forwards. They can do real damage if they receive good service, so winning the midfield battle is key. There is where not having Yaya is a big loss for them.

Luis should roam free, and pick their most vulnerable spot on defence, like a boxer, work their ribs untill they crack. Maybe draw a couple yellows or reds in the process. Daniel should run behind Luis, taking advantage of the space he generates, and scavenge. And most definitely, someone should be open on the box for potential passes. Did you know Suarez has one of the highest pass numbers in the final third in the League?

Im vey worried on set pieces if they play Dzeko, NO BALL WATCHING lads, please

MsGerrard
      Reply #57: Feb 03, 2013 01:17:12 pm
      Looking forward to an exciting game, the lads will be well up for this one, really think we can nick this by 2 goals to one, if we play like we did in the first half against Arsenal, then this match is ours for the taking.

We need to press them hard and go at them right from the whistle, get an early goal and hopefully get them rattled, making mistakes along the way, come on you REDMEN, lets do it !!!!

:kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #58: Feb 03, 2013 01:17:24 pm
      Yup not arsed about man f**king utd anymore,that particular genie left the bottle after they got the 19 th,couldn't give sh*t about that lot anymore.

Think we are a match for anyone if we press up the field and attack.

I'll always be arsed about the scum. Im a RED.
      Its  built in with me from the kick offs we had with them in the sixties.
      Its built into the DNA of this club.

We've given them two decades to catch up with us and they are still only one ahead.

Fergie will kick it.
      We will get our commercial side under way and in three years time will have glorious leader. Who ?..... I dont know.
      We will be back I am sure to knock them off their perch as they are nothing more than The Great Pretenders.

indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #59: Feb 03, 2013 01:19:54 pm
      Toure and Kompany are massive losses for them, but they have a very deep squad, and even if their replacements are not at their level, they will be very good.

Our best shot is to pack the midfield, and DONT let the ball reach their forwards. They can do real damage if they receive good service, so winning the midfield battle is key. There is where not having Yaya is a big loss for them.

Luis should roam free, and pick their most vulnerable spot on defence, like a boxer, work their ribs untill they crack. Maybe draw a couple yellows or reds in the process. Daniel should run behind Luis, taking advantage of the space he generates, and scavenge. And most definitely, someone should be open on the box for potential passes. Did you know Suarez has one of the highest pass numbers in the final third in the League?

Im vey worried on set pieces if they play Dzeko, NO BALL WATCHING lads, please
      :boxing:
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #60: Feb 03, 2013 01:36:38 pm
      I'll always be arsed about the scum. Im a RED.
      Its  built in with me from the kick offs we had with them in the sixties.
      Its built into the DNA of this club.

We've given them two decades to catch up with us and they are still only one ahead.

Fergie will kick it.
      We will get our commercial side under way and in three years time will have glorious leader. Who ?..... I dont know.
      We will be back I am sure to knock them off their perch as they are nothing more than The Great Pretenders.

hey always want to beat them red,just think some fans begin to obsess a bit to much like they do over us.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,281 posts | 931 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #61: Feb 03, 2013 01:53:38 pm
      Got a feeling we will win this one, One nil for me
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #62: Feb 03, 2013 01:55:48 pm
      Will be going to this, with my City mate in the blue half so I'll have to sit on my fingers and bite my tongue, but looking forward to SAS stuffing them this afternoon. I was in the same place to watch the Reds come back from 2-0 down to nick it in injury time in 08... one of the benefits of sitting with the enemy was enjoying their reaction to that. More of the same today, redmen...
      Ultracity
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 57 posts |
      • Supporting Liverpool from Spain!
      Reply #63: Feb 03, 2013 02:41:04 pm
      C'mon Reds, lets do a good match.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,281 posts | 931 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #64: Feb 03, 2013 03:00:05 pm
      Any team news yet
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #65: Feb 03, 2013 03:01:21 pm
      Study finished, now for some pre match antics! Cant wait for this one! I would love to see us try a different tactic then step off them like we did against Arsenal mid week! Too much respect and these will crush us. Need to improve on defending set pieces or Dzeko (maybe Kolarov if he starts) will murder us! Want to see Carra start for his presence alone! Can see us winning this one if we maintain possession and keep things tight at the back. 1-2 to us!
      COYR
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,828 posts | 580 
      Reply #66: Feb 03, 2013 03:02:00 pm
      We need a win, a draw is not good enough. Would rather end-to-end attacking, we have a chance then, rather than trying to defend and nick one on the break.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #67: Feb 03, 2013 03:04:51 pm
      We need a win, a draw is not good enough. Would rather end-to-end attacking, we have a chance then, rather than trying to defend and nick one on the break.

Id take a draw... City away... Id bite your hand off for a draw!
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #68: Feb 03, 2013 03:05:08 pm
      Let's have it and have a win come on you red men.

Quick Reply