Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Liverpool 0-2 West Brom: In-Game and Post Match Grumbling

Read 51587 times
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool vs West Brom
      Reply #575: Feb 11, 2013 10:01:52 pm
      So, our major signing couldn't even play tonight, and Coutinho came on for about 10 minutes.

But we had a really successful January window.  Right.

You are a staggeringly odd fella aren't you.
      You clearly love to be obtuse and noticed.
      The result is your are rather dull and very annoying.

LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #576: Feb 11, 2013 10:01:53 pm
      Its gonna get to a point were teams arent shocked in beating us!

Ah im so disheartened! Monday night football tw*ts Neville and Moyes can bearly hide their smirks!
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #577: Feb 11, 2013 10:01:56 pm
      Looks like we actually needed a Lukaku type big bully striker instead of a Borrini. We can have all the possession in the world but when it comes to attacking their goal we ran round like headless chickens.

Think you're doing Lukaku a disservice mate, he's not just a big bully striker, he's got great technique and he can turn on the pace and the burners, he did it a few times tonight and ran upfield like no one was there.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #578: Feb 11, 2013 10:02:32 pm
      Agger had a shocking last 15 minutes, but had we put away any of the chances we should have in the first 75 we would not have been caught pushing too many men up field.  Granted, Danny should have had 1 goal himself in the first half, but that is neither here nor there......

We simply did not create enough clear cut opportunities to guarantee the victory tonight.  We are at our best when Suarez is tucked in behind a pacey finisher.  We didn't have that luxury tonight as Sturridge was not fit. 

4th is not even a remote possibility anymore.  Focus on winning the Europa League is now top priority.

It is obvious that we need reinforcements in the summer.  I reckon 5 new recruits are necessary to have a team capable of challenging for honors, but we will see what we actually do when the time comes. 

For now, I think we should focus on allowing players like Suso, Sterling, Coutinho, Borini, Wisdom, Allen, etc. more minutes to hone their skills and develop chemistry ahead of next season. 

Poor result, but.....

When you walk through a storm
      Keep your chin up high
      And don't be afraid of the dark
      At he end of the storm
      Is a golden sky
      And the sweet silver song of a lark

YNWA
      Redangel

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #579: Feb 11, 2013 10:03:23 pm
      Looks like we actually needed a Lukaku type big bully striker instead of a Borrini. We can have all the possession in the world but when it comes to attacking their goal we ran round like headless chickens. The attacking coach should be sacked this very moment and bring Rush or Aldridge or even Fowler in to privide some useful and effective advice advice.

Talking about Agger, he has been ball watching all season.

I don't know about sacking the attacking coach, do we even have a defensive one?
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #580: Feb 11, 2013 10:03:32 pm

Not looking like a 10 goal a season man thats for sure!
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #581: Feb 11, 2013 10:03:49 pm
      Again the manager can't seem to set up a side to break down a team that is well drilled and knows exactly what they are out to do.

Steve Clarke has out thought Brendan twice now.

Clarke and WBA really bossed us today.................. ;D.

Unlucky and another frustrating day for us, im not sure we're moving forward as a club tbh.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #582: Feb 11, 2013 10:04:00 pm
      I said to Si recently that I haven't seen the progress that many are talking about and the City performance may have been a false dawn after seeing the result against Southampton they had. Feet back on the ground after this shocker.

Mentality was awful (something the manager should set) Enrique, Shelvey and Johnson should hang their heads in shame after those performances, inept would be complimentary. Agger seems to have lost the plot completely, the corner has been happening all season (something the manager should address) and as for how he was beaten by Lukaku near the end there, yes one had fresh legs but Agger had hardly been running all game was a joke piece of defending.

Reina produces a world class save and is immediately let down by his defence, that kind of sh*t really pisses me off. The penalty was the obvious chance to change the game, it was never a penalty in truth. Also the way Stevie took it really shocked me, seemed a lack of conviction and belief in the strike, very odd by him.

The clear mistake by Rodgers was the team selection, as soon as Sturridge got injured it seemed certain Borini or Coutinho would start, but Brendan chose Shelvey. The same lad who played the worst performance out of everyone I'd say, he had 3 to choose from and was possibly completely let down, but still he has to take responsibility and get the lad off earlier, should not have come after half time, could of changed Johnson or Enrique at any time in the game because we were completely dominating. This was the type of game where Downing at wingback would of worked a treat or Hendo at right back and bring Sterling on, many options when you saw how the game was going. No we persisted with tactics that weren't working at all and that's a clear mistake Brendan.

Chance of 4th well and truly gone, be interesting to how Brendan treats the Europa league now. When the league is the one and only priority and you have 36 points after 26 games it's hard to defend honestly. Yet he seems immune to blame from some quarters.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #583: Feb 11, 2013 10:04:00 pm
      Wheres Assaidi? Could of done with him instead of Hendo on the wing!
      Fourbrick3
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 131 posts |
      Reply #584: Feb 11, 2013 10:04:28 pm
      Johnson had the worst game I've ever seen him play. He was totally inept and the  number of time she was caught in possession  was a disgrace.

(i was just going to edit "time she was" then realised he played like a Jessie!)
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #585: Feb 11, 2013 10:04:46 pm
      Looks like we actually needed a Lukaku type big bully striker instead of a Borrini.

Agree with this, we could certainly use a young player in the mould of Lukaku or Benteke at Villa. Someone big, strong and mobile.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #586: Feb 11, 2013 10:04:59 pm
      It's the exact repeat of the first game of the season. Looks like BR has learned nothing from that game. How can we win the game when we only have 1 or 2 players most of the time inside their box.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #587: Feb 11, 2013 10:05:04 pm
      F**k me...how did we lose that?

Those guys wearing that Red Shirt really know how to break our F***ing hearts. Absolutely gutted.

FFFFUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #588: Feb 11, 2013 10:05:19 pm
      Johnson had the worst game I've ever seen him play. He was totally inept and the  number of time she was caught in possession  was a disgrace.

Wonder if he's sick or something, he looked kind of like a deer in the headlights at times.
      ozziboi7
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #589: Feb 11, 2013 10:05:38 pm
      ENRIQUE, YOU'RE sh*t!
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #590: Feb 11, 2013 10:06:28 pm
      Wasn't he the exciting player we were getting , or was that allen ?
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #591: Feb 11, 2013 10:06:32 pm
      Be lovely to have a big strong quick lad to come on and change things as long as we have Borini waiting in the wings things will continue to be difficult
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #592: Feb 11, 2013 10:07:12 pm
      Too many tw*ts in here. I'm off
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #593: Feb 11, 2013 10:07:18 pm
      Sorry but I don't agree and don't see it that way.

Albion got lucky as did Clarke with his tactics. If Agger doesn't have his head up his rectum there's no goal there and there's a good chance that maybe we finally put one in. I mean the law of averages was in our favor at that point.

I have no problem with people blaming Rodgers if he's at fault for something but I just don't see what he was suppose to do differently tonight. We needed 3 points, we needed to attack and he brought on three offensive players in the second half.

Stevie missed a penalty. Whether or not it should have been given is beside the point...he missed a pen.

That's why I'm in disbelief, there is no way we should have lost this game. There have been games this season where I was not surprised we lost, I watched this one cover to cover and can't believe it.

That's what I'm trying to explain

Luke isn't blaming Rodgers

No one really is

But it's a saying within football after games  like this that the winning manager has "Out thought" the losing one

Team As managers tactics won the game as his team won..
      Had we beat them ( which we never really looked like doing) then Rodgers has "out thought" Clarke

West brom win... West broms managers tactics were more successful than ours

Simplenot slagging him off
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #594: Feb 11, 2013 10:07:46 pm
      I have to say I honestly was shocked at the line up. I thought we'd see Borini and Suarez upfront with Sterling/Downing and that we'd stick with the midfield that's been playing amazing for the last few games. Shelvey had a F***ing stinker. Was the worst from a team full of awful performances.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #595: Feb 11, 2013 10:08:04 pm
      You people saying we're a joke can F**k off an' all.

We haven't even had a bad game, we've just been F***ing outed by some kind of game-upping super-goalie who could never repeat this performance in his lifetime.

c**t.

No, no way, absolutely no way. We were terrible, all day long. Think back to all the missed passes, and the total and utter lack of urgency, that even the crowd were wondering what was going on
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,556 posts | 246 
      Reply #596: Feb 11, 2013 10:08:07 pm

another constructive comment, vent that frustration
      Fourbrick3
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 131 posts |
      Reply #597: Feb 11, 2013 10:08:14 pm
      "Wonder if he's sick or something, he looked kind of like a deer in the headlights at times."

Now you come to mention it, I did notice in the first half that he was limping for a few minutes, but that still doesn't account for his poor attempts at beating a man, instead of crossing first time.

Quick Reply