Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 19th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W7 D2 L0

Us, the fans

Read 6345 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,494 posts | 3442 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Us, the fans
      Reply #23: Feb 15, 2013 10:29:38 am
      We can do more starting on Sunday and then on Thursday against Zenit. I'm not overly happy at the moment of where we are but that's something I have no control of. All I can do is my bit and hope those people privledged enough to be employed by the club do their job to their highest possible standard. It's reached the stage now I try to ignore any phone-ins or anything like that (apart from this forum off course) as it's clear that whoever is in charge there will be people who don't think they're good enough whether that's Kenny, Rafa or Brendan. No-one should be told how to think and no-one should be happy with the arsenalification of this club where a champions league spot is the sum of ambition. So comeon boys let's do our bit and hope the people at the club do theirs a lot better.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #24: Feb 15, 2013 11:11:53 am
      Deb I think you are being honest and forthright and I appreciate that very much.

I have no problems with people criticizing and being impatient...this is 2013 and in all things in life (not just sports) its the way of the world we live in and I have come to expect it.

What I have never gotten and do not care for are those that preach YNWA have a holier then thou attitude, saying it is what makes LFC fans different then others and then go about having a go at fellow supporters/players/managers etc.

Saw a senior poster on this board today call the manager a c**t and then posted a picture of him as a cock....it may be veiled attempt at humor but in context it was not humorous at all, actually I was shocked. Oh it will get ignored as a way of blowing off steam after a loss, but its more than that and its been brewing in the shadows for several years now.

We have become just like other supporters and other clubs...(it is what it is) we are not special or better than the ones we make fun of.

EDIT: There are those (a dying minority i feel) that still try to do it the right way, and they should be appreciated, but from my eyes the only thing separating a LFC fan from a Chelsea or Bitter supporter is the color of the kit and nothing more. 

I will never condone insults or abuse of anyone connected with the Club whether they be players, managers or the fans AZ.  Some of those comments are showing the Club in a very bad light when forums like this are open to the public and anything posted can be used by the media to put a negative spin on things.

Being someone who even my partner avoids after a loss I can honestly say that what we type on here (insults and abuse excluded) is echoing our genuine fear and concern for the Club and where it's heading.

We are all guilty of taking out our frustrations on those we love the most.  I'm sure you've had arguments with family and friends where things have been said in the heat of the moment that you/they don't really mean but you still care deeply.  That's how I view things, it may be a simplistic view but we're all guilty of it as some time.

You'll Never Walk Alone can mean unconditional, no questions asked support but it can also mean we won't stand by and watch our great Club be decimated by people who don't understand or care what we, the fans expect of them.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,593 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #25: Feb 15, 2013 11:26:24 am
      Brian spot on mate. Twitter last night was full of idiots calling for BR's head etc.

ffs. give the guy a break and give him and the owners time to get things right.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #26: Feb 15, 2013 11:48:13 am
      Some excellent posts on here and all valid.

I've managed to get a ticket for the Swansea game on Sunday so it's going to be interesting for me to see how the atmosphere has changed over the last 5 or 6 years.

My last game was the hammering of Derby when Rafa was still here and the atmosphere that day was special. I haven't been to Anfield since my first son was born in October 2007 so i'm really looking forward to it.

One things for sure, i'm one noisy b***ard and if some hoity toity tw*t starts asking me to pipe down he'll be F***ing having some. We are the 12th man, i'm hoping that still applies on Sunday.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,319 posts | 4956 
      Reply #27: Feb 15, 2013 11:54:48 am
      Some excellent posts on here and all valid.

I've managed to get a ticket for the Swansea game on Sunday so it's going to be interesting for me to see how the atmosphere has changed over the last 5 or 6 years.

My last game was the hammering of Derby when Rafa was still here and the atmosphere that day was special. I haven't been to Anfield since my first son was born in October 2007 so i'm really looking forward to it.

One things for sure, i'm one noisy b***ard and if some hoity toity tw*t starts asking me to pipe down he'll be f**king having some. We are the 12th man, i'm hoping that still applies on Sunday.

Go for it mate and make plenty of noise although I fear you will disappointed if my last couple of times are anything to go by.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #28: Feb 15, 2013 11:58:34 am
      Go for it mate and make plenty of noise although I fear you will disappointed if my last couple of times are anything to go by.

One thing i'm good at it is making noise mate. The one thing that scares me the most is losing our identity.

We go there to voice our support, not to take photos of Glen Johnson's new hairstyle or to buy some wanky halfy half piece of sh*t scarf.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,319 posts | 4956 
      Reply #29: Feb 15, 2013 12:06:01 pm
      One thing i'm good at it is making noise mate. The one thing that scares me the most is losing our identity.

We go there to voice our support, not to take photos of Glen Johnson's new hairstyle or to buy some wanky halfy half piece of sh*t scarf.

Oh I'm with you on that mate but as I said you may just get a surprise as to how quiet some people are in the ground these days and the one's who go far more often than me should back me up on that.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #30: Feb 15, 2013 12:18:57 pm
      Oh I'm with you on that mate but as I said you may just get a surprise as to how quiet some people are in the ground these days and the one's who go far more often than me should back me up on that.

Agree with that.
      People seem more interested in chatting to their mates, or on the phone than they do in what's happening on the pitch, then there's those with camera's, and those who seemingly only open their mouths to slag the players.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #31: Feb 15, 2013 01:16:53 pm
      Something needs to be said aabout us.

Lets be honest, ok we dont go on the field to play or decide who plays or what way we play but we have a lot to answer for in my view.

Granted everyone has opinions and are entitled to them, others wont always or ever agree. But we seem to have become in the last oh say 5 years a bunch of clowns. Heres why

1) Our support in Anfield:
       Is it what it should be? Nowhere near it. At times its a liberary getting outsung by any away group. Then if so much as 1 pass is miss hit audible groans come from the seats. YNWA means fook all to a lot now who cant be arsed to sing it before a game or at the end of a game. We love to cheer for 2 minutes after we score but what about other times in a game when the team needs tgo hear us?

2) Moaning about managers owners etc.:
      Non stop. the 2 clowns from America no bother with the complaining there or Hodgson. But the same crowd who wanted Moores gone and wanted him gone for years were the crowd saying these 2 would bring back the glory days. Then they were found out we wanted rid. In came Martin Broughton to find new owners, he was a c**t from Chelsea what was he involved for? Then he got NESV in to buy the club, ah fair play Martin top bloke and NESV were definitely going to be the saviours no doubt. 2 years later and there almost as evil as the last 2 (I cant see why though?) we need them out. Moores should never have sold

6 months in and theres doubts about our new manager. 6 months and the backing from the best supporters in the world is fading?

3) The players:
      We need to give youth a chance. Sterling must play Suso must play etc etc. Then low and behold at there young age they dont show the form they showed at under 21 or under 18 and we question there place in the squad. We done a Lucas on Henderson after a few months only to see him come good at the ripe old age of what 22? I go back to the audible moans and groans from our crowd at simple things, imagine hearing that if your a kid learning your trade in the first team helpful? I doubt it. Even the experienced players get it in the neck for a bad game even if there last 5 were top notch.

The crowd in the 60s 70s and 80s were handed trophy after trophy yet they had patience. We get the odd trophy here and there yet we are expectant of it and expectant of perfection like we get it every season and if it doesnt come well then that bunch of players need to be sold that manager needs to be sacked and we nned new owners.

This club needs stability. We have a young manager a young squad and owners new to the sport. They are all learning. For God sake lets be patient give them time to learn and see where it takes us. You might be surprised. We are waiting 23 years for a league surely 2 more wont kill us!

Until this club becomes 1 again from top to bottom, very much including us, the fans, we face an uphill battle to get bacck on our perch

Top post mate, half the reason why I don't bother coming on here now is the moaning and knee jerking. sick of it.

like you said, the club needs stability, that is the only way forward and to be honest I don't care if it takes the young lads and Rodgers 3,4 or 5 seasons to become that winning machine.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #32: Feb 15, 2013 01:17:52 pm
      Top post mate, half the reason why I don't bother coming on here now is the moaning and knee jerking. sick of it.

like you said, the club needs stability, that is the only way forward and to be honest I don't care if it takes the young lads and Rodgers 3,4 or 5 seasons to become that winning machine.

How about 10 or 15 seasons? Where is the point that you do care?
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #33: Feb 15, 2013 01:41:50 pm
      Next season everyone starts with 0 points.  We are Liverpool Fc.  No fck complaint about thin squad.  Owners Man up.  Fit Bird Linda attending every match with Henry.  No complaint manager.  Go for title or broke not fxk top 4.  No Time No Time this day age max 10 games into star of new season or i'm afraid even after zenit game cos his tactics will be closely scrutunised and if its wrong than the knives will be out.  The knives are out now and laid in the table for performing op.  Just waiting for Dr. Hyde to enter. 

Bren I know you're trying but whatever its not working.  Get clean sheet first. get clean sheet first.  get clean sheet first.  Even against swansea.  Thats progress not conceding in itself.  Goals in the other end may come may not.  But clean sheet vital vital.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,319 posts | 4956 
      Reply #34: Feb 15, 2013 06:10:32 pm
      to be honest I don't care if it takes the young lads and Rodgers 3,4 or 5 seasons to become that winning machine.

Really?

I'd think you might be in a very small group as I do care about what happens now, next season and the one after.

I don't see any reason why we can't 'rebuild' while also focusing on the present time as well otherwise there might well be no future success for these young players to come into.

In 2 seasons time we could still be languishing in mid table minus players like Suarez, Lucas, Coutinho etc and only have young players to count on.

Redtrader
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts | 29 
      Reply #35: Feb 16, 2013 04:17:53 pm
      The usual, 'our fans aren't what they used to be.....' crap. First of all we are still a better lot than most, at this stage of the season with these results and performances, probably sooner, the Mancs, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal fans would be audibly calling for the manager to be sacked. Infact our belief we are better seems to get in the way of a lot supporters actually admitting the truth that this season and Brendan's management has been abysmal. Instead in an effort to show how 'much better we are' a lot of us have lowered our expectations of what I consider to be a very good squad.

Secondly,moaning about the manager, what he says, his methods has been part of being a supporter since day dot. It's our right as supporters to highlight, discuss and yes CRITICISE the manager, people did it in the pub after games and now it's said more on the net so what? Nobody to man seemed to mind giving Hodgson grief, so why on Earth would BR be immune? Is it because he likes to pass the ball around in our own half? (This and hammering the old 'This is Anfield' sign seems to have impressed and pulled the wool over a lot of fans eyes).

I remember when we were number one in Europe under Rafa, and some of the very posters who have fallen for BR were kicking Rafa in and calling him a fool for rotating, zonal marking and the line up, ( all which seem now to be employed by most top teams,funnily enough). My point being this is nothing new, it was just easy for us to appear to be magnanimous and patient in the past, simply because we were winning everything.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,502 posts | 4841 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #36: Feb 16, 2013 04:26:11 pm
      The usual, 'our fans aren't what they used to be.....' crap. First of all we are still a better lot than most, at this stage of the season with these results and performances, probably sooner, the Mancs, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal fans would be audibly calling for the manager to be sacked. Infact our belief we are better seems to get in the way of a lot supporters actually admitting the truth that this season and Brendan's management has been abysmal. Instead in an effort to show how 'much better we are' a lot of us have lowered our expectations of what I consider to be a very good squad.

secondly,Moaning about the manager, what he says, his methods has been part of being a supporter since day dot. It's our right as supporters to highlight, discuss and yes CRITICISE the manager, people did it in the pub after games and now it's said more on Internet so what? Nobody to man seemed to mind giving Hodgson grief, so why on Earth would BR be immune? Is it because he likes to pass the ball around in our own half? (This and hammering the old 'This is Anfield' sign seems to have impressed and pulled the wool over a lot of fans eyes).

I remember when we were number one in Europe under Rafa, and some of the very posters who have fallen for BR were kicking Rafa in and calling him a fool for rotating, zonal marking and the line up, ( all which seem now to be employed by most top teams,funnily enough). My point being this is nothing new, a it was just easy for us op to appear to be magnanimous and patient in the past, simply because we were winning everything.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,319 posts | 4956 
      Reply #37: Feb 16, 2013 08:41:44 pm
      Nobody to man seemed to mind giving Hodgson grief, so why on Earth would BR be immune? Is it because he likes to pass the ball around in our own half? (This and hammering the old 'This is Anfield' sign seems to have impressed and pulled the wool over a lot of fans eyes).

A decent point.

While we all knew very early that Hodgson was out of his depth you could make a very valid case that the current manager also is.

I feel that Brendan is getting much more leeway for a few reasons.

1. Style of football and how he talks about the game.
      2. No one really warmed to Roy at all and many didn't want him here in the first place.
      3. Most of us don't want to be a club that constantly sacks managers.

I honestly feel that if Brendan was coming into the club after a manager who had been here a while he would be under much more pressure than he is now and think that many people are more reserved in their criticisim of him as we desperately don't want to be in the position of looking for another manager early next season.

I don't agree with those that think Brendan gets criticised too much as I feel the opposite is true as when some of us do give him a bit of criticism it's automatically seen as wanting him out.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #38: Feb 16, 2013 09:43:07 pm
      The reason I have been fairly patient with Brendan so far has been that I put most of the blame for our problems on FSG. Now I believe he has been reasonably backed (obviously I would have liked more and last summer rather than having to wait till Christmas) and I think he should be judged or criticised on what he achieves from now.

I do think we have to start seeing real progress sooner rather than later, we can't just wave goodbye to 3 or 4 years years of stagnation vainly hoping that it will all suddenly come good. I am willing to be patient, but unless we see some progress I will be looking for a change of manager next Christmas or sooner if we go any further backwards.

In all honesty I have been disappointed in him so far, I expected better even with the handicap of FSG.

For me judgement began when the transfer window closed, and while I don't demand top 4, I do expect to see us starting to win some difficult games rather than just flat track bullying of the Norwichs of this league.

Time and patience, but he needs to start to earn them now with progress and results. 
      Redtrader
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts | 29 
      Reply #39: Feb 16, 2013 10:08:35 pm
      I really want to be patient, I completely agree that chopping and changing mangers is counterproductive and will not bring success, unless ofcourse we happen to pick a diamond, and maybe this is why some want to give BR 2-3 years.

The thing is if, as I do, you are convinced that BR is out of his depth, quite frankly amatuerish at times  and we are falling further behind, then why should we give him lots of time? It will hurt my club, top players will leave to be replaced by the best of Swansea, he doesn't have the calibre to recruit the very best players, the 'men' he now wants. Even those who are trying to convince themselves he is a top manger, let's be honest, if you could go back to June would you still pick Brendan over any of the viable candidates? I don't expect honest answers here, but consider it offline.

We all seem to agree that FSG are pretty naieve on football soccer matters, so why the faith in their decision on appointing Brendan, at the very least he can and should be examined critically.

IMHO I still think this sqaud is talented enough to have got into the top four, and has been poorly organised, the only problem with changing / removing Brendan sooner or later will be who the fck will FSG appoint next? If any club needs a qualified DOF it's us.
      « Last Edit: Feb 16, 2013 11:10:56 pm by Redtrader »
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #40: Feb 16, 2013 11:18:55 pm
      We have a decent side now. In 2 or 3 years time they should become a winning machine.

They have shown absolutey nothing thus far to give you that kind of indication.  When we have won, 90% of the time it's because of Suarez.  Do you think he's going to wait around during the prime of his career while the rest of our "young players" (maybe) fulfill their promise?

Even if these players do get better, you're also assuming the teams above us aren't also going to improve.  Which they will.  In fact they already are.

You just swallow the club's talking points hook line and sinker.  We are skint.  And of our players aren't good enough.  It is what it is.  Chelsea, City, United etc don't need to wait around because they can buy whomever the hell they want.  Spurs are unfortunately playing brilliant football with Bale and will attract even more top talent if they make top 4.  Arsenal have just as many young players who might come good, combined with Cazorla and Walcott who are already world class.  Swansea are on the up.  West Brom are ahead of us and getting better and better.  Even Everton are doing better than us.

Can we just cut the crap please?  You can cross your fingers all you like that in 2-3 years we'll be fantastic, but in 2-3 years the other 8 teams above us might be even more fantastic. 

We need better players.  Simple as that.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #41: Feb 16, 2013 11:20:12 pm
      The reason I have been fairly patient with Brendan so far has been that I put most of the blame for our problems on FSG.

Our players aren't good enough.  Rodgers chose to spend £25 million on Allen and Borini.  How is that FSG's fault?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,502 posts | 4841 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #42: Feb 17, 2013 08:42:35 am
      Very viable points from Redtrader and Federer there. Credit where its due.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #43: Feb 17, 2013 08:45:19 am
      Our players aren't good enough.  Rodgers chose to spend £25 million on Allen and Borini.  How is that FSG's fault?

That is not FSG's fault. The fact that we have been short up front until Sturridge was bought at Christmas imo is.

As I said before Brendan has now imo been reasonably backed and I will now judge him on what he achieves (or doesn't) and the progress we now make...... or don't.

Obviously the squad is not as strong as we would like and there are still gaps needing to be filled or strengthened, but imo it is now good enough to be getting much better results than we have been so far, and it is up to Brenden to ensure we do.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #44: Feb 17, 2013 09:39:43 am
      Yes sir saint.  Can fully understand where you coming from .  Sacking BR now is the worst possible scenario.  Unfortunately for him immediate success is where the world stands right now.

All the foundations are already there but imho it has not been utilised to its full potential.  Too many jack ups like Aquilani saga, selling Alonso, bad scouting (granted where credit is due to some exception signings but majority not good), sacking Kenny (He needed time BR needs time) and so forth you know all the bulshype we went through.

Its time all the vital organs started functioning to the true spirit of this great institution and get us where we belong next season, winning cups and mounting a serious bid for prem title.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #45: Feb 17, 2013 10:25:56 am
      Firstly i don't want Brendan sacked nothing is worse than a club sacking managers for fun.
      But while i will be at the game today & i will be giving the lads my all as per
      I'm not looking forward to going one bit.
      We are crap we stale we are boring & i blame Brendan.
      He was brought in at Kennys expense & i for one don't think for 1 minute he has earned his wages
      never mind justified FSGs decision to replace Kenny with him.

He has also wasted good money on bang average players Allen Borini Assaidi ect.

Brendan as far as i'm concerned is not up to it. He has until the end of the season in my
      book to prove me wrong.

I've supported him from day 1 against my better judgement (not experienced enough) &
      will do til the end of the campaign then it's judgement time for me. Being sh*te for 3
      seasons while the team matures doesn't cut it with me sorry..

Quick Reply