Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Suarez or Torres?

Read 10291 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Suarez or Torres?
      Reply #23: Mar 11, 2013 06:24:56 pm
      Has to be Luis for me.

Torres was all about himself, Luis is all about the team.

Torres sometimes looked defeated before the game even started, Luis never looks defeated, never gives up.

We won a trophy with Luis, we didn't with Torres.

Of course it was all supposed to be about Suarez and Torres playing together and it would have been up till the last hour of that January window.

4 categories

1. Finishing :  Until last Autumn Torres. Now  its Suarez putting away impossible goals.
      2. Beating a defender one on one  :  Suarez.
      3. Work rate : Suarez.
      4. Attitude : Suarez.

and

5 Loyalty : Suarez.

Taking Carroll out of it we got Suarez for half the price received for Torres.
      Good deal.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #24: Mar 11, 2013 06:36:06 pm
      Of course it was all supposed to be about Suarez and Torres playing together and it would have been up till the last hour of that January window.

5 Loyalty : Suarez.

we got Suarez for half the price received for Torres.
      Good deal.

We got Suarez for half the price of Torres yet Suarez is twice the man in work ethic and want to win attitude.Suarez for me all the way.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #25: Mar 11, 2013 06:37:29 pm
      They have both had massive days in the Red shirt but Suarez hasnt sold out (yet) Im luis all the way !
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #26: Mar 11, 2013 07:11:37 pm
      Last year I would have said Torres. But after what we've seen from Suarez this season it's definitely Luis for me. Been a pleasure to have had both at the club but Suarez has carried a heftier load in a more average squad that Torres ever did. His trickery and skill on the ball is just something I have never seen in a Liverpool shirt and I have never seen defenders so irritated and so desperate to see the back of a player as much as I have seen for Suarez. On an individual and technical level Suarez is just almighty. Suarez could play badly and still score a goal or two as well. Torres couldn't do that and generally his on field demeanour let him down at times.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #27: Mar 11, 2013 07:45:52 pm
      1. Finishing - Suarez
      2. Beating a defender one on one - Suarez
      3. Work rate - Suarez
      4. Attitude - Suarez

spot on.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #28: Mar 11, 2013 07:56:48 pm
      Think Torres was sulking along with most of our squad when he was here, due to the direction the club was going in. He opted to jump ship and never recovered his form. Stoill dream about the Torres Suarez strike force that never was, and do have a bit of sympathy for what he has become. Just so glad it was on someone else's patch. When you think of some of the incredible strikes he made, its still mind blowing, but all in all, think Louis shades it due to the consistency he has developed. Nando became a Judas but prior to that, he was outstanding. Wonder how many will turn on Louis if he decides to move on in the summer, just when we seem to be creating a prem challenging side ? I'll just be glad I was privellidged to see him with a liver bird upon his chest. As I was with Nando.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #29: Mar 11, 2013 08:16:51 pm
      I will judge it as Torres in those first 2 seasons vs Suarez now.

Finishing : Torres (no contest)

Beating a man : Luis has his nutmeg but not much else, Torres had his pace. I will go for Torres here as he could glide past 2 or 3 defenders in the blink of an eye. His first goal for Liverpool against the chavs was what he was all about. Pace and lethal finishing. Luis tends to stumble his way past 2 or 3 with sheer determination. But at his best.... 1 v 1 i'd have Torres all day. Torres.

Attitude : Torres at the end was totally different to Torres at the start. But for me Suarez wins here. The lad just never knows when he is beaten and he fights for every ball. Suarez.

Work rate: Torres worked hard in those early years but at no point could he get near suarez. Luis is just amazing. He is all over the pitch. Defenders and midfielders just do not get a seconds rest and they hate it. A great team player. Suarez again here for me (no contest)

2 great players.... I would have loved to see them in the same side but sadly it wasn't to be. Torres sabotaged his own career with a bad decision and he will regret it for a very long time. I get no joy in saying that. He was great for us until the end...a brilliant player. But he took a step down when he left us and so did his career. If Luis leaves us it will be to join an elite club.... and the chavs will never be that!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #30: Mar 11, 2013 08:50:52 pm
      I was going to say Torres on his day was the better finisher, but his day is long gone, in his first two seasons he was virtually unstoppable, but he needed players around him to supply/create chances,
      Luis needs players around him to but the difference being he can create his own chances and creates chances for others , his work rate is incredible and he is a total team player,
      one on ones Luis wins hands down his solo effort V mancs a prime example of his ability to control the ball close to his feet and at pace,
      Luis is happy to play wherever he is asked without complaint and his passion is fantastic something I feel Torres lacked even in those first two seasons,

Torres was superb in his early days but as the saying goes he's made his bed so F**k him, I can't wait for the chavs game we will see then how much better wee luis is to that judas kunt.

Luis Suarez; Shine on you crazy diamond,
      YNWA

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #31: Mar 11, 2013 08:51:40 pm

Has Suarez ever sulked on the pitch? No.

Only when he isn't  happy with his own performance because he is always trying to give 110%.

Suarez for me any day. All round better player and more committed to the club!

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #32: Mar 11, 2013 08:54:42 pm
      Only when he isn't  happy with his own performance because he is always trying to give 110%.

Suarez for me any day. All round better player and more committed to the club!

True! And that is why, I think he is the better player, self critical.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #33: Mar 11, 2013 09:16:32 pm
      For pure energy, commitment to the cause, and a never say die attitude, I'll go on record and state:

Currently, Luis Suarez is the greatest player in the world.

There's no hint of doubt, sarcasm, or delusion in that statement, I truly believe it. It might not be the case in 6 weeks/months time, but right now, I believe we have the greatest player in the world on our books.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #34: Mar 11, 2013 09:49:50 pm
      For pure energy, commitment to the cause, and a never say die attitude, I'll go on record and state:

Currently, Luis Suarez is the greatest player in the world.

There's no hint of doubt, sarcasm, or delusion in that statement, I truly believe it. It might not be the case in 6 weeks/months time, but right now, I believe we have the greatest player in the world on our books.
      I also believe the same mate , and not because he's our man but simply because he is the most difficult to play against and also the fact that he's a little bit crazy , they say that there is greatness in madness and he is a mad f**ker .
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 234 
      Reply #35: Mar 11, 2013 09:51:53 pm
      Torres was a beast apart from his last season at Liverpool. He was the best finisher in the league. I also would not say he was a selfish player, he did work hard if you analysed the games.

Though not as hard as Suarez, he is a true born winner. He surpasses Torres in the other departments and also finishing as well. Torres now looks less potent than David N'gog when he was with Liverpool. Its actually sad what's happened to Torres since he left. If he stayed, then it could have been an unstoppable partnership between him and Suarez.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #36: Mar 11, 2013 11:31:26 pm
      Torres was a beast apart from his last season at Liverpool. He was the best finisher in the league. I also would not say he was a selfish player, he did work hard if you analysed the games.

Though not as hard as Suarez, he is a true born winner. He surpasses Torres in the other departments and also finishing as well. Torres now looks less potent than David N'gog when he was with Liverpool. Its actually sad what's happened to Torres since he left. If he stayed, then it could have been an unstoppable partnership between him and Suarez.

It's what he deserved for thinking there was bigger and better than Liverpool Football Club. I hope he is soon in the same scenario as Owen, who also thought he could do better than us!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #37: Mar 11, 2013 11:45:18 pm
      Torres when he was with us vs. Luis when he was with Ajax I would pick Torres.

Luis with LFC vs. Torres with anyone else, I'd pick Luis everytime.

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #38: Mar 12, 2013 03:52:56 am
      Have to agree overall and say that Suarez is my pick.
      A match winner who can create his own opportunities.
      But Torres in his prime was a magical player.
      All I can think about is the fact that we could have had both of them.
      Such a mind blowing proposition.
      Still sad that he left and gave a poor showing of himself in his final season.
      sonuxs
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 332 posts |
      Reply #39: Mar 12, 2013 06:17:12 am
      Torres, who ?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #40: Mar 12, 2013 06:41:00 am
      It's what he deserved for thinking there was bigger and better than Liverpool Football Club. I hope he is soon in the same scenario as Owen, who also thought he could do better than us!
      What are you saying Torres to Stoke to sit on the bench and hold hands with Micky Owen.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #41: Mar 12, 2013 09:42:27 am
      I loved Torres when he was with us.

I will love Luis Suarez forever, no matter if he decides he wants to leave us in the future.

The man is F***ing awesome. Messi and Ronaldo might be "the 2 best players in the World" but our man is right up there with them. His wizardry amazes me. His will to win inspires me and his love for this Club is phenomenal.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #42: Mar 12, 2013 07:36:25 pm
      What are you saying Torres to Stoke to sit on the bench and hold hands with Micky Owen.

Yeah, they can compare notes on how they fu**ed up their careers at the height of their game because we weren't good enough for them.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #43: Mar 13, 2013 12:03:56 am
      Torres' finishing was the only thing he'd be ahead of Luis right now but that gap is closing.

Suarez every time. Torres was never feared like Luis is now.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,333 posts | 774 
      Reply #44: Mar 13, 2013 11:16:55 am
      Torres a great striker, when on form, scored some brilliant goals for the Reds, but Suarez has more all round qualities, can make and score goals and will help out in defence  when required.Suarez for me a better team player.
      canon40d
      • Forum John Toshack

• 262 posts |
      Reply #45: Mar 13, 2013 05:34:30 pm
      Torres has mood swings and seems to sulk when his form drops. Look how would torres react to the scenario with evra probably go into a corner and sulk. Luis is very consistant with his work rate. Even when saurez  conversion rate was low he kept on working hard, torres doesnt do that. Luis phenominal work rate and passion for the game gives him a big edge over torres.

Quick Reply