Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 10th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

The Little Things in Football That Annoy You.

Read 120514 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: The Little Things in Football That Annoy You.
      Reply #92: Apr 11, 2013 10:25:24 pm
      The way Messi just walks when off the ball, don't get me wrong his the best player in the world and all that but still annoys me.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #93: Apr 12, 2013 01:30:18 pm
      Referees still having full power over the minutes being played. If other sports have an almost perfect system of timing why don't we? Games should be 90 minutes.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #94: Apr 12, 2013 03:10:57 pm
      Referees still having full power over the minutes being played. If other sports have an almost perfect system of timing why don't we? Games should be 90 minutes.

That bug's the hell out of me.  I'd prefer they sorted that out than faff about with goal line technology.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #95: Apr 12, 2013 03:44:45 pm
      That bug's the hell out of me.  I'd prefer they sorted that out than faff about with goal line technology.

Serious.

Can't they have an extra official that truly keeps stoppage time through the halves and then tells the referee and the referee only has that much time to add on. No more, no less and no adjustments made in stoppage time. Red cards for time wasting and when it hits "0" that's it?

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #96: Apr 15, 2013 04:50:51 pm
      This post made me wonder about one thing: are all Stoke fans happy with the way they play? Are they all behind Pulis or there is some divide in their fan base? I don't know any Stoke fans so I really couldn't tell. But I guess there must be at least a minority that doesn't like their team going down history as a rugby side in the Premier League.

I'm sure there are some out there but you wouldn't think so judging by their home crowds.

They seem to think its a compliment and they've jumped on board accepting their reputation.

I'd love to see them go down, Pulis sacked and never work in management again.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #97: Apr 15, 2013 05:34:39 pm
      I'd love to see them go down, Pulis sacked and never work in management again.
      The frightening thing is he'll be one of those manager that takes over a failing prem club to 'revamp' them.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #98: Apr 15, 2013 05:54:21 pm
      Hope to F**k he is instead a Phil Brown who falls from the limelight and back to obscurity where he belongs.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #99: Apr 15, 2013 08:17:37 pm
      This post made me wonder about one thing: are all Stoke fans happy with the way they play? Are they all behind Pulis or there is some divide in their fan base? I don't know any Stoke fans so I really couldn't tell. But I guess there must be at least a minority that doesn't like their team going down history as a rugby side in the Premier League.

Sorry for the delay, only just spotted this. Living in Stoke and being surrounded by their fans, I am well positioned to answer this one.
      I think most Stoke fans felt that they owed him for getting them into the Premier League so were naturally patient. Even those who didn't appreciate his style of play accepted it as a means of survival. However, by the time LAST season kicked off, there were already a number who were complaining that they should be pushing on now and aiming for more than mere survival.
      By the end of last season, I'd say the fans were split 50:50 over whether he should stay and whether he has the skills to take them forward.
      NOW, I'd say they are at least 80:20 against him. Most are tired of the unattractive play, unhappy with recent transfers and unhappy with team selections so want a new manager in. I know two different fans who have had season tickets for 15 years + and don't plan to renew.
      On a side note, even one of their top scouts has recently criticised him in the local paper so he's probably had it now.
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #100: Apr 16, 2013 07:19:44 am
      Sorry for the delay, only just spotted this. Living in Stoke and being surrounded by their fans, I am well positioned to answer this one.
      I think most Stoke fans felt that they owed him for getting them into the Premier League so were naturally patient. Even those who didn't appreciate his style of play accepted it as a means of survival. However, by the time LAST season kicked off, there were already a number who were complaining that they should be pushing on now and aiming for more than mere survival.
      By the end of last season, I'd say the fans were split 50:50 over whether he should stay and whether he has the skills to take them forward.
      NOW, I'd say they are at least 80:20 against him. Most are tired of the unattractive play, unhappy with recent transfers and unhappy with team selections so want a new manager in. I know two different fans who have had season tickets for 15 years + and don't plan to renew.
      On a side note, even one of their top scouts has recently criticised him in the local paper so he's probably had it now.

Stoke's have scouts?

I thought Pulis is signing players based on the foul counts.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #101: Apr 16, 2013 10:49:24 am
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #102: Apr 16, 2013 12:04:43 pm

Majority of Stoke fans have had enough of Pulis and have had for about 18 months now
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #103: Apr 16, 2013 03:59:03 pm

Oh thanks for that, I really had no idea what their fan base thought of Pulis.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #104: Apr 16, 2013 06:17:41 pm
      The Little Things in Football That Annoy You? Hmm...

Ferguson's chewing gum and the fact it hasn't had the common decency to have choked the aul c**t yet.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #105: Apr 16, 2013 08:09:08 pm
      Your team are a goal down, its into added time, your team throw everyone forward for one last attack, then some asshole shoots from 30 yards and skys it when there are plenty of options available.
      Also Keepers eating up the clock by going down like a tonne of bricks after "coming together" with an attacker. Most of these guys are 6"5. FFS!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #106: Apr 17, 2013 12:48:52 pm
      When referee's blatantly have no idea who the ball came off last and just go with what the players indicate for a throw in.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,535 posts | 3470 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #107: Apr 17, 2013 12:54:55 pm
      Goalkeepers not coming up for corners in the last few minutes if they're team is losing, selfish bas**rds.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #108: Apr 17, 2013 01:17:14 pm
      Little things in football that annoy me.......Messi and the incessant stream of Messi love that oozes from entire world's populous.  :)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,354 posts | 4969 
      Reply #109: Apr 17, 2013 01:19:42 pm
      Goalkeepers not coming up for corners in the last few minutes if they're team is losing, selfish bas**rds.

I'm the opposite as hate to see the keeper come up for corners.

Has it ever really had much effect.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #110: Apr 17, 2013 01:56:28 pm

Joe Hart actually almost scored in the Europa League vs Sporting last year.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,354 posts | 4969 
      Reply #111: Apr 17, 2013 02:24:53 pm
      Joe Hart actually almost scored in the Europa League vs Sporting last year.

Almost scored.

I see how effective it was then ;)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #112: Apr 17, 2013 02:47:23 pm

TRM knows this phrase well..... :f_tongueincheek:
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #113: Apr 17, 2013 06:53:17 pm

Who could forget Jimmy Glass?

In the 1998–99 season Carlisle found themselves in their second successive relegation battle and needing to gain three points from the final game of the season at home to Plymouth Argyle. At 90 minutes the crowd at Scarborough (Carlisle's relegation rival) were already celebrating before the fourth official stated four minutes of extra time would be played at Brunton Park. In the last kick of the game goalkeeper Jimmy Glass, who had signed in an emergency loan deal from Swindon Town after the transfer deadline, scored from a corner kick which he came up to in a last gasp effort to win the match
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #114: Apr 17, 2013 08:50:46 pm
      When referee's blatantly have no idea who the ball came off last and just go with what the players indicate for a throw in.

In my reffing days, a long time ago now, one of my instructions was that I didn't expect to see any player claim for anything and it worked for the large part.

Quick Reply