Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

Owen to retire

Read 8776 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: Owen to retire
      Reply #46: Mar 24, 2013 01:28:26 am
      Yep, he always was arrogant. In the end that was his downfall.

Just compare his interview on the show to that of Sami Hyypia (Liverpool legend) who comes across as very modest and humble.

Thought exactly the same thing foar, quite frankly I want to punch owen in the face whereas I have so much time for the legend that is Oh Sami Sami .....
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #47: Mar 24, 2013 06:23:51 am
      Micky reckons his next career move will be as a manager, his CV would make for an amusing read. 
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #48: Mar 24, 2013 06:26:52 am
      Micky reckons his next career move will be as a manager, his CV would make for an amusing read. 
      Eagerly anticipating his next brochure for that one.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #49: Mar 24, 2013 07:07:58 am
      I can see clubs falling over themselves------------------to lock all the doors .Micky will soon learn what a good reputation he has.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,369 posts | 8620 
      Reply #50: Mar 24, 2013 12:41:44 pm
      He was a fantastic player. I loved him when he was here and he was my idol. I really can't bring myself to hate him like everyone else does. I hate the fact that he joined the scum, but he did so much for us, won us a trophy, played a vital part in our other ones, I just can't hate him.

Three words that describe his career. Mercenary little b***ard!! I doubt he'll ever speak the truth of him stitching us up to go to Madrid. A pity his goals for us can't be edited to AN Other. At the end of the day he's bitter that injuries robbed him of what should have been a spectacular career as a centre forward and remembered as a great. His career spiralled downwards and he's become a laughing stock, living off past glories.
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #51: Mar 24, 2013 05:01:53 pm
      A pity his goals for us can't be edited to AN Other.

Mission Impossible. That's Unreal Conditional.

Why can't you just be indifferent to him? He left Liverpool so many years ago and still causes the pain. And I start thinking he ruined Liverpool or he is a serial killer. Did you love him so much when he was a Liverpool player?

Thought exactly the same thing foar, quite frankly I want to punch owen in the face whereas I have so much time for the legend that is Oh Sami Sami ...

He is a striker, in some way he has to be arrogant.

Hope one day you'll get the opportunity to face him in person and realize what you intended to do with him in reality, not virtually. So, please, don't forget to take your camera with you, I just like to see pictures of that here! Thanks!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,369 posts | 8620 
      Reply #52: Mar 24, 2013 06:04:00 pm
      Mission Impossible. That's Unreal Conditional.

Why can't you just be indifferent to him? He left Liverpool so many years ago and still causes the pain. And I start thinking he ruined Liverpool or he is a serial killer. Did you love him so much when he was a Liverpool player?

Maybe I don't like the fact the little rat strung the club along for 12 months claiming he would sign a new contract and never did and would of walked away for F**k all to Real Madrid.

He strung us along through 03/04. His agent went on a 'sabbatical', like some kind of teenage backpacker. Owen was part of an agency but of course no one else could deal with little Michael's contract, so we had to wait.

By the time that ended, the season was coming to the business end and we had to focus on 4th place. Then we got that and 'oh, I have to focus on England now'.

Then we had pre-season to focus on. Before you know it, he's months away from signing for Madrid for nothing - the very thing LFC had been scared of post McManaman.

Then a year later, we're the European champions and he's a benchwarmer but WE are the ones who are supposed to beg him back and give Madrid a tidy £10 million profit in the process.

Maybe not enough is made of Houllier's desperation not to sell the one bullet in his gun during 03/04, or that we were getting ready to spend £14 million on what was possibly Owen's replacement, but the cryarsing and LYING out of him lately has wrecked any glimmer of good will towards him.

F**k him!

Although in your case it's more like, LEAVE HIM ALONE

« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2013 06:26:51 pm by HUYTON RED »
      MsGerrard
      Reply #53: Mar 24, 2013 11:36:48 pm

He is a striker, in some way he has to be arrogant.

Hope one day you'll get the opportunity to face him in person and realize what you intended to do with him in reality, not virtually. So, please, don't forget to take your camera with you, I just like to see pictures of that here! Thanks!

There's a huge difference between being confident and arrogant, he should have learnt that by now, no-one likes an arrogant b***ard.
      Always have my camera on me (i-phone) you'll be the first to see if I did meet the little runt.

^^^ Top post HR by the way  :gt-happyup:
      metalscouse
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #54: Mar 25, 2013 03:13:22 pm
      He was a great player for us. Can't blame him for leaving and trying his hand at other clubs.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #55: Mar 25, 2013 04:49:21 pm
      He was a great player for us. Can't blame him for leaving and trying his hand at other clubs.

You can, for the way he engineered his move away.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #56: Mar 25, 2013 05:12:42 pm

Trying his hand is very appropriate being the w**ker he is.
      real enemy
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      Reply #57: Mar 26, 2013 04:14:19 am
      Till now, still can't believe he was willing to burn his idol status with us by joining the scums. Owen was not just any ordinary Liverpool player. Obviously, he doesn't recognise the affection we showered him was priceless for him. Watching Owen wearing the scums jersey coming on from the bench at Anfield makes me shake my head vigorously. What a clown. Football is more about money and prestige i guess for Owen and rivalries are trivial perhaps and a sense of belonging, especially those who loved you, can be morally overrule just by a shoulder shrug. The poster face for self-conceit footballers.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,301 posts | 4948 
      Reply #58: Mar 26, 2013 08:39:37 am
      Till now, still can't believe he was willing to burn his idol status with us by joining the scums.

It happened way before that for me.

Playing for the mancs just sealed it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,369 posts | 8620 
      Reply #59: Mar 26, 2013 12:50:40 pm
      Till now, still can't believe he was willing to burn his idol status with us by joining the scums. Owen was not just any ordinary Liverpool player. Obviously, he doesn't recognise the affection we showered him was priceless for him. Watching Owen wearing the scums jersey coming on from the bench at Anfield makes me shake my head vigorously. What a clown. Football is more about money and prestige i guess for Owen and rivalries are trivial perhaps and a sense of belonging, especially those who loved you, can be morally overrule just by a shoulder shrug. The poster face for self-conceit footballers.

Still wasn't idolised in the way Kenny, Fowler, Rush or Barnsey were and the way Torres was and Suarez is!

During his time here, he never felt fully one of us, it's like we had to share him with the neanderthal, nobhead England fans.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #60: Mar 27, 2013 10:05:26 am
      Still wasn't idolised in the way Kenny, Fowler, Rush or Barnsey were and the way Torres was and Suarez is!

During his time here, he never felt fully one of us, it's like we had to share him with the neanderthal, nobhead England fans.

The reason the nobhead England fans were consumed with Micky was exactly the reason he never felt a part of Anfield and the supporters never warmed to his ''qualities", the "national hero" bollocks means F**k all in Liverpool.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #61: Mar 27, 2013 11:39:40 am
      "Firstly, in the media, I would like to do some TV work, maybe write blogs and different things media-related. The second would be to set up a management business that predominately looks after younger players, and see them throughout their career to take them from the start.

"It is a tough world and a tough sport and there are plenty of pitfalls and I think I would be good at passing on my advice.

"I have to say I was managed pretty well, and was really pleased with my agent. Agent is a scary word but they are a necessity for certain things in football and it is important you get the right one. I think there is a gap in the market for me and I think I can do well."

Now this parasite wants to become an agent, urghh, just when you thought you couldn't hate him anymore he comes out with this.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #62: Mar 27, 2013 06:50:21 pm

Now this parasite wants to become an agent, urghh, just when you thought you couldn't hate him anymore he comes out with this.
      With a bit of luck Agent Owen will get sent to Siberia never to be seen on our TV screens again.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #63: Mar 27, 2013 07:17:04 pm
      "It is a tough world and a tough sport and there are plenty of pitfalls and I think I would be good at passing on my advice.

Oh yeah ;D Great advice: "don't F**k everything up as I did".

"I have to say I was managed pretty well

Yeah right ;D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #64: Mar 28, 2013 06:34:22 am
      "

---------------------------

[
      I think Micky meant to say-It is a tough world and there are plenty of pitfalls and I think I would be good at PISSING on my advice.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #65: Mar 28, 2013 10:17:34 pm
      But i suppose he would have a lot of advice on what not to do?

He also stated (can't find the interview now) that he wanted to finish in the top flight (warming stokes bench). So in other words, rather than take a pay cut [;aying in the lower leagues, he can fleece young up and coming players who might get starstruck.

Quick Reply