Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

Henderson or Allen? One? Both? Or None of Them

Read 10710 times
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Re: Henderson or Allen? One? Both? Or None of Them
      Reply #92: Apr 02, 2013 12:46:47 am
      I say keep them both. Depth is always good, especially in the center of the midfield and I think Joe Allen could pull a Hendo and show some signs of promise next season. I think this season is an adjustment to playing for a bigger club.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #93: Apr 02, 2013 12:54:41 am
      I think Coutinho and Lucas are part of the axis. I like Henderson, I think he would have benefitted form playing abroad. He just needs to get a little better at taking responsibility. Allen needs to define his role better too. If would keep them if they keep improving so really its up to them.
      Travelling Red
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #94: Apr 02, 2013 10:20:20 am
      Seems that these two have gone in opposite directions of late. Allen started really well and then lost form altogether, and Hendo has gone from a shaky start and having to deal with a mountain of pressure under all the criticism thrown at him, to vastly improving and working his ba*ls off to the point where he's now a very handy player indeed. He seems to be learning from his mistakes and learning the lessons given him on the training field. Massive effort every time he plays too, so you can't ask anymore from the lad really. If he can improve by the same amount next season, we'll have ourselves a very nice player indeed!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,632 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #95: Apr 02, 2013 11:53:51 am

Problem?
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,191 posts | 165 
      Reply #96: Apr 02, 2013 02:03:44 pm
      Hendo brings more to the team than Allen but BR is to blame for Allen's dip of form IMO. He has handled Allen and Shelvey in a way only him can find logic. Hendo should start most of the games and unless we sign other players as CAM or change formation, Hendo is going to make this no.10 spot his place next season.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #97: Apr 02, 2013 04:23:39 pm
      If we are talking starting 11 then Henderson for me, if nothing else just for the pure energy he brings. No bombing Allen out though, we need a stronger squad.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #98: Apr 02, 2013 04:37:46 pm
      At the moment Henderson for sure. I've been quite harsh on Allen over the past few months (maybe an understatement) but I think if he bulks up in the gym to improve his strength, builds up confidence in playing some attacking through balls and takes his time on the ball then he will no doubt come good. I just feel that sometimes he makes passes just for the sake of it like he has his pass success % tallying up in his mind. 
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #99: Apr 02, 2013 05:25:49 pm
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #100: Apr 02, 2013 06:51:10 pm
      Strange how things turn around,. When this topic was first launched, I would have gone for Allen for his better ball retention and passing ability. Now I would go for Henderson as I think he has improved loads. He's stronger, covers everywhere, his passing has improved and he actually looks like he knows what his role is now.
      Still don't think either are the calibre of player we need to dominate games in midfield, but of the two, my opinion has reversed.  Maybe time will tell.
      This is what happens when players who are so young and still developing are compared. 

Quick Reply