Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Would you accept 50 Million for Suarez?

Read 13343 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Would you accept 50 Million for Suarez?
      Reply #46: Mar 21, 2013 07:36:07 pm
      Not a chance, the owners would have sold him about 3 times for that amount though.

If he hands in a transfer request he will be sold, if he wants to stay he will be here.

What transfer in the past 3 years leads you to that conclusion Kenny?

Torres?
      Joe Cole?
      Aqualani?

Seem to recall quite a few teams sniffing/offering for Pepe, Agger, Skrtel etc.

If Torres wanted to stay it would have been him and Suarez instead of Carroll.

Other than 2nd rate players or players that asked to go (Torres/Raul/Kuyt/Bellers/Maxi) which players have FSG been pimping and offloading for this big money? or for any money ?
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #47: Mar 21, 2013 10:40:53 pm
      If Suarez is committed to the cause of LFC then no £50m is not enough because as someone has already said we have the strength of a 4 year contract on our side.
      But a Suarez who has had his head turned a la Torres or even dare I say it MO by a club who are currently consistently in the CL? Then yes you'd have to take £50m as good business.
      But the interesting thing is this. Torres moved and his career has frankly gone down the pan. Owen was exactly the same. As long as Suarez believes the club is heading in the right direction I think he is happy to be the superstar in England.
      Of course if the press and the FA keep hounding him then all bets are off.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #48: Mar 21, 2013 11:40:50 pm
      I dont want him to leave and would be pissed if the Club let him go for the money. We have a player who has unlimited talent and it could very well be that other players want to play with him in Liverpool. One elite player can act like a magnet and bring in other players. I think Suarez can be that player.

We have a Messi. We have a player who comes around every 20 years and Liverpool need to invest in that and bring players in NOW. Instead of losing players to the European powerhouses like Madrid, Barca or PSG maybe Liverpool should make an attempt to be one of those clubs. We have the top scorer in the EPL and cant lose him.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #49: Mar 22, 2013 12:16:57 am
      This seems to be a pointless debate , the man said he's going nowhere so accept it .
      real enemy
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      Reply #50: Mar 22, 2013 03:38:22 am
      Selling your prolific best striker and potential best goalscorer in the league, possibly the country's best player too because of a record bid? If Luis disappointingly do something like a transfer request then fine otherwise tell off those interesting clubs to dream on. We need to consolidate not rebuild again.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #51: Mar 22, 2013 03:54:16 am
      if we do... then liverpool has officially in my mind at least cease to truly be a big club.  No longer are we a 'destination team' where top tier players dream to play their best years with but just another step in the ladder.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #52: Mar 22, 2013 09:02:50 am
      If I owned him then yes I would cos I could do great stuff with £50m but I don't LFC do so in my opinion they shouldn't sell him.

Yeah that's where I stand. Could do wonders me with £50M whereas Liverpool would most likely waste it all on overpriced, under performing sh*te.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #53: Mar 22, 2013 09:09:11 am
      Whilst I understand why Adam posed the question, for me it isn't up for discussion. Once you begin to dfiscuss it, it becomes a possibility. So, for me it isn't worth talking about. Luis is ours and he loves being here, certainly from what you read, and we love having him.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #54: Mar 22, 2013 11:53:55 am
      NO F***ing WAY!
      scouse_jatt
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 349 posts | 14 
      Reply #55: Mar 22, 2013 12:45:09 pm
      Hell no, even if he handed in a transfer request I'd hold out for £60-70m cause moneybags City, PSG and Madrid would pay that
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #56: Mar 22, 2013 01:11:03 pm
      Was giving the subject some thought after reading about the supposed enquiries from the usual culprits.
      What I wondered would FSG's response to an outrageous bid for Luis be?
      The fact that they recently gave him a pay rise and an an extended contract would suggest that we could glean some confidence from their actions and implied intention....or would it?

Luis Suarez is about the safest bet you would want to make, if you were lucky enough to have the use of his services that is no mean advantage.
      If that particular advantage were not absolutely essential to an owner who saw more to be gained financially in him leaving Luis is not a long term prospect.
      The fact that he was given the pay rise etc with no argument by our 'watch the purse string' owners could mean they are only too well aware of the benefits of keeping him sweet for an eventual sell off.     
      « Last Edit: Mar 22, 2013 01:40:47 pm by stuey »
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,012 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #57: Mar 22, 2013 01:38:10 pm
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #58: Mar 22, 2013 01:51:10 pm
      I certainly would not sell Luis Suarez for any price at the moment,I would add however a lot of people thought Keegan was irreplaceable when we sold him.In the end we got an even better player in Kenny Dalglish thanks to Bob Pa isley.

You calling Messi or shall I Billy ?

;D
      Adam_Gibson8
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 290 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #59: Mar 22, 2013 01:55:20 pm
      At least now we can settle are nerves a little as Suarez has came out and said that them quotes are a load of sh*t from that radio station! So it looks hopefully like he will be staying by his words.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #60: Mar 22, 2013 04:43:28 pm
      No, but I'm pretty sure FSG would.

The thought of them using Suarez as a way of generating funds and then what the money would be spent on scares the living sh*t out of me.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,132 posts | 127 
      Reply #61: Mar 22, 2013 05:13:44 pm
      No way, and the owners can get their £50 million by making sure they add quality to the squad in the summer, and getting to the champs league next season.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #62: Mar 22, 2013 05:56:26 pm
      This seems to be a pointless debate , the man said he's going nowhere so accept it .

some just want suarez to leave so they can say "i told you so" to Liverpool supporters that back and believe in the club. it is frightening how cold some fans of the club are. some have been burnt so badly by the past four or five years of turmoil during the bad ownership that they actually want us to become truly mid table or perhaps even relegated, purely to say "i told you so, you were wrong, we have fallen into nothing, i was right!". hundreds of people on this forum alone think this way. it is awful and depressing but very very real.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6422 
      Reply #63: Mar 22, 2013 06:31:04 pm
      A lot of people are REALLY distrusting of FSG and I get that, not even going to argue that point. But I guess I'm a bit of an optimist. Shipping Suarez would be a monumentally stupid business decision as well as monumentally disastrous as far as the club itself is concerned. I find it hard to believe that they would want to ship out the only reason that our team is even shouting at 4th. Not saying it couldn't happen but it seems likea lot of folks think it's a foregone conclusion and I just don't see that. We tried to hang onto Torres right up until he put in a transfer request. We have hung on to Skrtel, Agger, etc... this off season so I just don't see them selling Suarez just to raise funds.
      pragnorok
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #64: Mar 22, 2013 06:33:08 pm
      if he goes and hands in a request he is a little c u n t in my opion after all the support we have given him but thats modern day football for ya and one player is not as big as the club.

Would it not be more prudent for a player to stand up and show some loyalty for a change? But goes to show what Alan Sugar said years ago that all pro footballers are selfish bastads only out for themselves.

We are not as big as we think we are Im afraid as success in this day and age is bought with huge amounts of money and success on the pitch only comes about from that money it would seem. This money spending then attracts the glory hunters who want to be seen supporting the big clubs and the big players, which in turn generates more money for the club and player. And so the cosmic ballet goes on and on.

As far as Suarez is concerned do we look at him as a special case to step outside of the mold , I would hope so but i have feeling that wont be the case suffice to say IMHO he will go this summer as more than likely their is some little clause in his contract which will trigger his move. I just hope its abroad and not to one of our premier league rivals, but who knows what the future holds??

We could also ask ourselves the question about us as fans owning this club and not some american owners who lets face it have no idea about Football and the passion it brings. Im not sure that we have the right owners at the moment who could lend their ideas to suarez in order for them to convince a great player to stay on a few years.

In conclusion time will tell but I really feel he will go as someone said to me once "their is no loyalty in football" with very few exceptions (JC & SG two of the few) he is probably correct.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #65: Mar 22, 2013 06:33:23 pm
      No, but I'm pretty sure FSG would.

The thought of them using Suarez as a way of generating funds and then what the money would be spent on scares the living sh*t out of me.

FSG are the unknown quantity Dave and no matter what Luis says and what we think their actions and words could affect everything.
      There lies the quandary; by their previous we have become cautious to say the least about their wisdom in making vital footballing decisions that could have vital implications for LFC.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #66: Mar 22, 2013 06:38:55 pm
      Not a notion! I'd never let him leave in a million years the way he is playing if it was up to me. I've a feeling he wants to stay next year anyways and after that he'll have a look at where we are.

If he wants to leave, I'm not gonna stop him. No point keeping an unhappy player against their will.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #67: Mar 22, 2013 06:41:55 pm
      A lot of people are REALLY distrusting of FSG and I get that, not even going to argue that point. But I guess I'm a bit of an optimist. Shipping Suarez would be a monumentally stupid business decision as well as monumentally disastrous as far as the club itself is concerned. I find it hard to believe that they would want to ship out the only reason that our team is even shouting at 4th. Not saying it couldn't happen but it seems likea lot of folks think it's a foregone conclusion and I just don't see that. We tried to hang onto Torres right up until he put in a transfer request. We have hung on to Skrtel, Agger, etc... this off season so I just don't see them selling Suarez just to raise funds.

The situation could be that FSG do not have the means much less the will of keeping Luis at Anfield.
      The lad wants success primarily at LFC, he has stated as much.
      If FSG cannot afford that success and they know it, their only option is sell Luis.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #68: Mar 22, 2013 06:53:43 pm
      The situation could be that FSG do not have the means much less the will of keeping Luis at Anfield.
      The lad wants success primarily at LFC, he has stated as much.
      If FSG cannot afford that success and they know it, their only option is sell Luis.
      Back to the Twit and tw*t situation then Stuey? Sell to buy!

Quick Reply