Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Bradford Burns Unit

Read 1393 times
      BirkenshawBantam
      • Forum Paul Ince
      • Started Topic

• 82 posts |
      Bradford Burns Unit
      Sep 15, 2013 01:31:02 am
      Morning all,

Been a while since my last post. Unfortunately, I have to come here with what to some may sound like a tin cup, however, the Bradford burns unit is in danger of closure.

For abit of history for those too young to remember, on May 11th 1985 Bradford City and Bradford as a whole went through the unthinkable, losing 56 Grandparents, husbands, wives, brothers, sisters, sons and daughter (two of which were Lincoln City fans) YNWA was actually released to raise money for the tragedy, the Burns Unit themselves helped to revolutionise how burns would be treated even today, I,particular skin graft surgery is still credited to the incredibly gifted surgeons of BRI hospital.

I think over the years, a deep, somewhat unspoken bond has developed between Liverpool FC and ourselves, untied in a understanding that frankly, neither, of us should have. What happened in 85 and 89 should not link the two of us, we should be merely that team who did well in the cup 'the other year'

Alas, back to my point, if any of you can help by donating even a couple of quid it would be appreciated I'm sure all will agree it would be a tragedy in itself to see something that prevented countless more innocent lives been taken diminish from the wart completely.

Donations can be made via: http://www.justgiving.com/bcfcburnsunitappeal

A read up on the fire, touching to the most hardened of fans can be read here: http://sabotagetimes.com/reportage/the-bradford-city-fire-27-years-on/

A book on the tragedy can be purchased on amazon, the book is named 'four minutes to hell'

Quick Reply