Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Now TV

Read 4727 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Now TV
      Apr 05, 2013 01:25:52 pm
      Sly Sports, pay £9.99 and have all six Sly Sports channels for 24 hours

No Sly subscription required

More here

Not sure, but if it's pay as you view, that's got to be something to consider. No more crappy streams perhaps
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Re: Now TV
      Reply #1: Apr 05, 2013 02:13:12 pm
      £9.99 for 24 hours? Does that come with the XXX channels?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2: Apr 05, 2013 02:44:55 pm
      Can't you get Sky Sports for aprox £30 a month on freeview?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #3: Apr 05, 2013 02:46:08 pm
      £9.99 for 24 hours? Does that come with the XXX channels?

No

I think it's handy to have 'on tap' so to speak. Might not be so economical when they show us two maybe three times per week. But for those big games (against the bitters and the munts) it's good to have the option
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #4: Apr 05, 2013 04:09:42 pm
      There are other options out there for getting sly on the cheap.
      Bier
      Reply #5: Apr 05, 2013 04:16:10 pm
      The thing is though, big games tend to provide quality streams, it's the smaller games that are a bit less reliable in that regard.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #6: Apr 05, 2013 04:18:33 pm
      Lot of money that per day.

I don't really understand the business model.

Anyone who has got a tenner to burn per day are surely going to already have Sky?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #7: Apr 05, 2013 05:15:34 pm

Anyone who has got a tenner to burn per day are surely going to already have Sky?
      It's not per day, it's when you want to watch something

For example, if Liverpool were playing on Monday 15th and Thursday 18th, and you wanted to watch both, you'd pay £19.98. If you only wanted to watch one, you'd pay £9.99
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #8: Apr 05, 2013 05:19:20 pm
      Isn't Sky Sports about £20 a month though? Watch more than two days and you might as well just get the actual subscription.
      Bier
      Reply #9: Apr 05, 2013 05:44:33 pm
      It's not per day, it's when you want to watch something

For example, if Liverpool were playing on Monday 15th and Thursday 18th, and you wanted to watch both, you'd pay £19.98. If you only wanted to watch one, you'd pay £9.99

Don't think you get the concept of per day. The price is 9.99 per day. That says nothing about having to pay every day. 9.99 per day means exactly the same as 9.99 for 24 hours.

Seems very expensive if the monthly subscription fee is just 20 like chats says.
      « Last Edit: Apr 05, 2013 06:00:15 pm by Bier »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #10: Apr 05, 2013 10:57:37 pm

Pretty much what I thought when I first seen the ad for this.

Looked interesting enough idea then they quoted the price at the end which is ridiculous as you say surely anyone who can afford to buy this for a day could push the extra tenner or so for a whole months worth.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #11: Apr 05, 2013 11:12:49 pm

Looked interesting enough idea then they quoted the price at the end which is ridiculous as you say surely anyone who can afford to buy this for a day could push the extra tenner or so for a whole months worth.

I agree the price is ridiculous but people do pay at least £15 PPV for boxing (which could last a round maximum at times) and WWE. If there is something big on Sky Sports that day and you would rather watch it on TV than online then I would understand why somebody would pay £9.99
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #12: Apr 05, 2013 11:42:19 pm
      I agree the price is ridiculous but people do pay at least £15 PPV for boxing (which could last a round maximum at times) and WWE. If there is something big on Sky Sports that day and you would rather watch it on TV than online then I would understand why somebody would pay £9.99

But everyone has to pay extra for big PPV events.

It doesn't make any sense to pay £9.99 for a day's worth Skysports when someone else is getting a months worth for around double that
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #13: Apr 05, 2013 11:59:43 pm
      Isn't Sky Sports about £20 a month though? Watch more than two days and you might as well just get the actual subscription.
      Not a chance. By the time you have to take this and that package, you're paying upwards of £70
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #14: Apr 06, 2013 12:00:29 am
      Don't think you get the concept of per day. The price is 9.99 per day. That says nothing about having to pay every day. 9.99 per day means exactly the same as 9.99 for 24 hours.

Seems very expensive if the monthly subscription fee is just 20 like chats says.
      No. It's when you want to watch, you pay. I spoke to them about this very fact today.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #15: Apr 06, 2013 12:01:56 am

To get Sky Sports you ahve to already be subscribed to this and that. Things like this package and that package. In the end you're paying upwards of £70 give or take. I know, I was with them for 24 years
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #16: Apr 06, 2013 12:02:40 am
      But everyone has to pay extra for big PPV events.

It doesn't make any sense to pay £9.99 for a day's worth Skysports when someone else is getting a months worth for around double that
      They are not paying just double, they are paying a lot more.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #17: Apr 06, 2013 12:10:56 am
      To get Sky Sports you ahve to already be subscribed to this and that. Things like this package and that package. In the end you're paying upwards of £70 give or take. I know, I was with them for 24 years

You only need to have the basic sub which is £21.50 then Skysports is an extra £21.

As JD said above if someone has a tenner to burn on a day's worth TV then it's pretty likely they could pay £42 for a full months worth.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #18: Apr 06, 2013 09:51:35 am
      10 quid for one of their standard games strikes me as steep and exploitative..

If eventually a tv channel give you the option of buying a tv season ticket for your own club I could see the merit..
      Every game of your club home and away for say 200 quid a season.. That I could see merit in but I'm not convinced by 10 for the one match that they are showing to subscribers already that you can see at the boozer
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #19: Apr 06, 2013 10:28:15 am
      10 quid for one of their standard games strikes me as steep and exploitative..

If eventually a tv channel give you the option of buying a tv season ticket for your own club I could see the merit..
      Every game of your club home and away for say 200 quid a season.. That I could see merit in but I'm not convinced by 10 for the one match that they are showing to subscribers already that you can see at the boozer

I agree, it's a bit steep, but it's a step in the right direction. The ideal would be to watch your team when they play, on the tv, when you want to. In that respect it's a step in the right direction. But just as expected, sly sports have to charge a bit too much. As always.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #20: Apr 06, 2013 11:45:23 am
      I can see the concept.

If I had Freeview as I didn't want to sign up to any monthly bills and be tied in and was sitting in on a Sunday and seen, say Manchester United v Manchester City followed by a Liverpool game and then maybe a good La Liga match or the last parts of a Golf Tournament or something I'd have a bit of it in the knowledge that I'd be back to how I was the next day.

Also, can somebody show me how I can just have Sky Sports for £20 a month please?
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #21: Apr 06, 2013 02:47:13 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #22: Apr 06, 2013 06:36:12 pm
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #23: Apr 07, 2013 12:09:17 pm
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #24: Apr 07, 2013 12:11:44 pm
      Just realised, this Now TV is only viewable via an online stream?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #25: Apr 07, 2013 12:15:12 pm
      Also, can somebody show me how I can just have Sky Sports for £20 a month please?

I have a load of extra stuff on my subscription but if I want to remove Sky Sports the price goes down by £21.

http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/sports/

Says it's £21 with any 'basic TV package' so I don't think you can have it on it's own.  :-\
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #26: Apr 07, 2013 12:16:22 pm
      Just realised, this Now TV is only viewable via an online stream?

Yes, but you can stream it on a variety of devices.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #27: Apr 07, 2013 12:35:53 pm
      sh*te that you can't just have the Sky Sports channels in HD. Easy pay the £30 a month for that as it's all i watch anyway.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #28: Apr 07, 2013 12:44:22 pm
      sh*te that you can't just have the Sky Sports channels in HD. Easy pay the £30 a month for that as it's all i watch anyway.
      Exactly

It's nothing more than a capitalist money making scheme designed to get more cash from you

Screw that.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,498 posts | 233 
      Reply #29: Apr 07, 2013 12:47:49 pm
      It could have been a good buisness model if it was £3-4 but their current price structure is ridiculous.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #30: Apr 07, 2013 12:50:55 pm
      Top up tv prices are even worse. There are 'alternatives' out there; one of which i use. Cheap as hell if you know the right people.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      Reply #31: Apr 07, 2013 12:54:32 pm
      It could have been a good buisness model if it was £3-4 but their current price structure is ridiculous.
      That's sky for you - and they know it's easy to get a stream for nothing from elsewhere. Yet still they choose to charge so much

Even at £5 I'd be willing to drop the cash on it

Oh well
      Bier
      Reply #32: Apr 07, 2013 01:25:31 pm
      Costs about 12 pounds a month in my country, no other tv package needed. We don't have Sky but a similar sports channel package. They air all Premier League games, and most games from other big leagues.

Unfortunately Dutch league football has it's own channels here and is sold seperately in a package for also about 12 pounds a month.

Sky is making moves in our market too though, I think they've bought the tv rights for Dutch league football.

Quick Reply