Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Let's find our voices within Anfield on Sunday!

Read 2199 times
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Let's find our voices within Anfield on Sunday!
      Oct 05, 2007 11:03:13 am
      I feel Wed served as kick-up the arse to the players and fans alike.

The players didn't find their talent and we didn't find our voices until the last 10 minutes - pathetic on both counts.

On Sunday I request that every single fan that attends goes sings, cheers, screams and supports the lads for 95 minutes!

I will be doing so from the main stand - and yes me and my son are a couple of the quieter ones - but NOT on Sunday vs Spurs ...and never again on European nights. We have our voices and colours - when the going gets tough - the tough get going.

THIS IS ANFIELD - it says on the sign. No more words needed.

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: Let's find our voices within Anfield on Sunday!
      Reply #1: Oct 05, 2007 11:11:20 am
      Good shout mate.

I've made my opinions on the booing we've heard recently perfectly clear already, I think it was disgraceful. The difference at Liverpool has always been the support given by our fans & I don't see why now should be any different. Do you think we'd have won in Istanbul if it wasn't for the fans contribution? This is the sort of difference fans can make to the team, we can pull them out of this slump and like donrafael I would like to see a great atmosphere for the Spurs game.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2: Oct 05, 2007 12:05:42 pm
      100% agree with ye lads. If we put as much effort in to vocally getting behind the team as we do running players down and booing after poor performances we might just give the lads a boost they need. As far as I'm concerned Liverpool football CLUB is supporters as well as players managers and directors. were in this to so lets play our part starting on Sunday
      « Last Edit: Oct 05, 2007 12:43:53 pm by mrtommo »
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #3: Oct 05, 2007 12:35:15 pm
      i think any one who boos there own team should have them banned from the club (maybe bit extreme) but for fucks sake i hate people who do that!!
      Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Reply #4: Oct 05, 2007 12:43:53 pm
      Come sunday, just like every other true Liverpool fan (who can't be at the stadium) I'll be glued to my TV, volume up, trying to soak in the atmosphere. Okay, so I'm thousands of kilometres away in SA, looking on in envy as the locals break out into song, cheering on the players but make no mistake, I'll be screaming my lungs out when we beat Spurs on Sunday. So, to those of you going, give some extra decibels for those of us who cannot...

donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #5: Oct 05, 2007 12:48:28 pm
      Come sunday, just like every other true Liverpool fan (who can't be at the stadium) I'll be glued to my TV, volume up, trying to soak in the atmosphere. Okay, so I'm thousands of kilometres away in SA, looking on in envy as the locals break out into song, cheering on the players but make no mistake, I'll be screaming my lungs out when we beat Spurs on Sunday. So, to those of you going, give some extra decibels for those of us who cannot...

Good shout mate. Of course you feel it and will live it... it's what being a Liverpool supporter, near or far, in stadium or not is all about.

We will feel your spirit and sing our hearts out for every mighty-reds supporter on the planet.

As you can see I'm already get wound-up for the game on Sunday - I am 100% sure it's going to be mental and we are going to lift the team again.

In Rafa, Stevie and Jamie - We Trust.

YNWA.
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #6: Oct 05, 2007 02:13:05 pm
      Another negative reply from me - I'm not always like this promise...but...

Why should the 12th man always come to our rescue?

Surely the Liverpool performance should make the fans want to cheers and support?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #7: Oct 05, 2007 02:22:32 pm
      I feel Wed served as kick-up the arse to the players and fans alike.

The players didn't find their talent and we didn't find our voices until the last 10 minutes - pathetic on both counts.

On Sunday I request that every single fan that attends goes sings, cheers, screams and supports the lads for 95 minutes!

I will be doing so from the main stand - and yes me and my son are a couple of the quieter ones - but NOT on Sunday vs Spurs ...and never again on European nights. We have our voices and colours - when the going gets tough - the tough get going.

THIS IS ANFIELD - it says on the sign. No more words needed.

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great shout mate!! Said all there is to say there.

Surely the Liverpool performance should make the fans want to cheers and support?

Because the twelth man is part of the team. There's a choice of being an individual or being part of the team. Which one will Richobaz choose? Find out after the break.....
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #8: Oct 05, 2007 02:26:14 pm
      Defo a team player Redken - honest!

But, how can you blame the supporters for the sh*t football we are playing at present...?

It's down to the players and RAFA - why's everyone scared to say bad things against him?

I'll praise him, when hes' right and doing a good job - but when he's not, then he should know about it!
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #9: Oct 05, 2007 02:52:17 pm
      But, how can you blame the supporters for the sh*t football we are playing at present...?

I don't think anyone's blaming the fans, but they can help pull the club out of this mini-slump sharply. I hope every man woman & child does their bit on Sunday.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #10: Oct 05, 2007 02:53:09 pm
      Wednesday was awful.  I kept trying to start up and join in the usual chants but what was happening on the pitch with the audible groans as we gave the ball away for the umpteenth time just kept taking the wind out of it.  And this is from the man who started singing "we're going to win 4 - 3" at half time in Istanbul.  

The "we've got the best midfield in the world" just sounded like a p*ss-take.

Let' hope on Sunday we have put in a better (could it be worse?) performance and we can really get behind the team.

Oldred - 1/45,500th part of the 12th man.  
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,847 posts | 6788 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #11: Oct 05, 2007 03:25:54 pm
      the only chant I heard in my living room was the Campione song.....other than that all I heard was the Marseille supporters going off......I know it's going to be better on Sunday. I know I'm in Australia but I'll be singing the songs with you guys....and just hope the boys realise how much we're hurting after that performance and we put in a barnstorming effort to get all the boo boys off our back.
      Basti
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #12: Oct 05, 2007 03:40:35 pm

Remember: Walk On, Walk on, With hope in your heart, and you'll never Walk Alone: YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

You're a liverpuldian, and you have to support your team... It's not a choise!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #13: Oct 05, 2007 03:42:03 pm

THIS IS ANFIELD.

No more words needed.
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #14: Oct 05, 2007 03:49:00 pm
      To all of you present at the game, unfortunately i wont be there as some of you may know that i live in Melbourne, Australia.
      However, ill be singing YNWA very loudly and passionately before kick off...
      Lets put the last 2 weeks peformances behind us, and give it all we have to support the club we love this sunday... our boys will deliver, our time is now, and they wil step up for themselves, and importantly US!!!!!
      Anfield was voted the best ground for athmosphere.....lets blow the roof off the place and really show them the noise of Anfield!!!!!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #15: Oct 05, 2007 03:52:52 pm
      To all of you present at the game, unfortunately I wont be there as some of you may know that I live in Melbourne, Australia.
      However, ill be singing YNWA very loudly and passionately before kick off...
      Lets put the last 2 weeks peformances behind us, and give it all we have to support the club we love this sunday... our boys will deliver, our time is now, and they wil step up for themselves, and importantly US!!!!!
      Anfield was voted the best ground for athmosphere.....lets blow the roof off the place and really show them the noise of Anfield!!!!!

If you are going to the game and still have a working voice at 1730 on Sunday - you didn't try hard enough for all the souls, like our mate in Aussieland, that would to have to chance to support in the stadium!!!

Here's to Monday's sore throat!!!

YNWA. THIS IS ANFIELD. SUNDAY IS CRITICAL.
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #16: Oct 05, 2007 04:14:35 pm
      That's it donrafael....im proposing a toast to mondays sore throat as well....
      ill be in my lounge room standing up tall, holding my scarf up high (like all of you do in the kop)....Cmon you Reds!!!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,847 posts | 6788 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #17: Oct 06, 2007 07:27:59 am
      scouser 10, i'll be doing exactly the same thing....it'll just be in my loungeroom, though....GO YOU REDS.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #18: Oct 08, 2007 05:38:54 pm
      First time I could come on-line since Sunday.

The atmosphere at Anfield is terrible.

Spurs out-sung us all game (we didn't hardly sing anyway!!) and the "Anfield is a library" song was so painful.

My conclusion is that more than 50% of people in the stadium are tourists or chance fans - that are not really bothered.

I tried to start a few songs in the main stand only to be stared at like I was a mad nutter at a football game... what IS wrong with us!!!???

We have to help the team and all we manage to do is add to their anxiety by not singing as they feel they are doing a crap job and the vicious circle just gets tighter and tighter.

Embarrassing.

If you are going to attend to just sulk, analyse (or even boo)... then sell your tickets to Nordic tourists too!!!

We didn't even sing Fields of Anfield Rd or YNWA at the end... shameful if you ask me, pretty shameful... we need to have a long hard look in the mirror as a home fan base.

We can't get any lower in the stands... can we???
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #19: Oct 08, 2007 08:52:00 pm
      well I seen it all on Sunday when I seen 2 lads throw there scarfs on to the pitch down the anny rd end about 10 mins from the end not sure what words 1 shouted but it was along the lines of f**k off Liverpool. why was he there? a weekend in town on the piss which happens to involve going to Anfield with his mates id say. Theres too many people go to the game to sit and look at the kop or take pics of themselves at Anfield  >:( does my head in
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #20: Oct 08, 2007 09:27:39 pm
      I'm just watching LFC TV and this lack of atmosphere situation is becoming a REAL issue we must as a set of (world-famous) address... and NOW!

We need to get the lads going - it has always been our way - WHAT IS WRONG WITH US LATELY!!!!!!????

Upset, angry and totally bemused...

Don't expect the players to just produce and win like robots - if you can't be fecking bothered to show some passion and shout vocal support for them when the chips are down.

Shame on us (...well some of us anyway!)
      « Last Edit: Oct 08, 2007 09:32:21 pm by donrafael »

Quick Reply