Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

An Opportunity To Thank Rafa Benitez On Sunday.

Read 10834 times
      Adam_Gibson8
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 290 posts |
      • YNWA
      Re: An Opportunity To Thank Rafa Benitez On Sunday.
      Reply #23: Apr 18, 2013 12:10:10 pm
      Why should we chant his name and sing his songs on Sunday:

1. He won us the European cup
      2. He won us the FA cup
      3. He took us to a 2nd European final in 3 years
      4. He achieved the most points we have had in one season in the league for over 2 decades
      5. He fought H&G for us and probably saved us from administration
      6. He constantly gave support for the Hillsborough families
      7. He gave £96,000 of his own money to support the Hillsborough trust
      8. He gets us and he has never shown us anything but respect and admiration
      9. We never got to say goodbye or thank you for everything that he's done for us and this city!

Anyone who thinks Rafa doesn't deserve a good response from the fans at the weekend, let me know why!

Correct man! He is a true legend and there is no doubt he loves Liverpool Football Club!
      Adam_Gibson8
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 290 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #24: Apr 18, 2013 12:11:46 pm
      10. He stood up to Fergie and his FA colleagues to show how bias they truly are to the scum!
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #25: Apr 18, 2013 12:54:53 pm
      Sing for him before.

Not during the match.....  Unless we are battering them :D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #26: Apr 18, 2013 12:55:58 pm
      We should give RAFA total respect but not the Chelsea players,it would give me great satisfaction to see us knock sh*te out of them.RAFA will know he is always welcome at Anfield by Liverpool supporters.

This.

I was a critic but he has always had my respect.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #27: Apr 18, 2013 01:25:26 pm
      Fully deserves every song sung or every chant chanted.

But we must also not forget we have our own man in our dug out and he needs to be reminded were behind him!
      redno7
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | 21 
      Reply #28: Apr 18, 2013 01:37:59 pm

But we must also not forget we have our own man in our dug out and he needs to be reminded were behind him!

that's what I tried to say, only you said it better.  ;D
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #29: Apr 18, 2013 01:43:43 pm
      We won two trophies in six seasons under Rafa and I'm sure the Fans in the ground will give him a fantastic reception, it's well deserved.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #30: Apr 18, 2013 01:45:48 pm

Totally Brian78 and completely agree with WAHS, seems too agenda driven the crap is just spilling over from another thread.

Anyone who thinks chanting Rafa's name is a call for him to replace Brendan is a muppet, plain and simple.

If you can't understand why his name will be sung as loud as a legend deserves then you're a muppet.

If you think we are supporting Chelsea by chanting his name you're a muppet.

If you think Brendan will take offence by the chants, I also think you're a muppet.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #31: Apr 18, 2013 02:10:23 pm
      Rafa is one of us...

Lets show Chelsea fans how much we think of him, and how to support a manager!
      redno7
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | 21 
      Reply #32: Apr 18, 2013 02:18:47 pm
      Totally Brian78 and completely agree with WAHS, seems too agenda driven the crap is just spilling over from another thread.

Anyone who thinks chanting Rafa's name is a call for him to replace Brendan is a muppet, plain and simple.

If you can't understand why his name will be sung as loud as a legend deserves then you're a muppet.

If you think we are supporting Chelsea by chanting his name you're a muppet.

If you think Brendan will take offence by the chants, I also think you're a muppet.

and you know a muppet when you see one don't ya
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #33: Apr 18, 2013 02:19:20 pm
      We won two trophies in six seasons under Rafa and I'm sure the Fans in the ground will give him a fantastic reception, it's well deserved.

No tongue in cheek? ;)
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #34: Apr 18, 2013 02:57:42 pm
      Rafa was prepared to ultimately lose his job to fight for Liverpool Football Club...for us. Can't speak high enough of the man.

He'll get the resounding reception he deserves.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #35: Apr 18, 2013 03:14:16 pm

As always with Rafas time at Liverpool, I'm happy to let the facts (or fachts) speak for themselves mate. People spend far too much time interpreting those facts in my view. Any manager who won two trophies in six seasons for us deserves a good reception, it's not too bad a record.

It's the same with our current manager. We're now looking like his first effort in the league and Rafa's most recent effort are going to be pretty much exactly the same. I've got the same opinion on that achievement, decent effort but hopefully will do better in the future.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #36: Apr 18, 2013 03:19:05 pm
      As always with Rafas time at Liverpool, I'm happy to let the facts (or fachts) speak for themselves mate. People spend far too much time interpreting those facts in my view. Any manager who won two trophies in six seasons for us deserves a good reception, it's not too bad a record.

It's the same with our current manager. We're now looking like his first effort in the league and Rafa's most recent effort are going to be pretty much exactly the same. I've got the same opinion on that achievement, decent effort but hopefully will do better in the future.

Ha ha I'm not biting me mate, know you all to well.

Down your way next week but my mate couldn't get us in Wimbledon. Think we are near a place called Sunbury (is it)?

Will pop in on the Wednesday if its trainable?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #37: Apr 18, 2013 03:35:35 pm
      Heard all the Rafa wavers and flags are going to be there on Sunday.

Anyway showing one of our living legends support, like we do for Kenny might just inspire the current regime to earn our support.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #38: Apr 18, 2013 03:35:53 pm
      righto, I need to have a word with myself because my view on it doesn't match yours? ok that makes sense.

I still think it's over the top on a match day to sing Rafa songs and carry on like he's still in charge here. Yes we love him, yes he is a legend but we're in a battle against him from the off, don't get why we should be cheering him on?

Your take on Rafa doesn't correspond with the majority, read the replies to your assertion.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #39: Apr 18, 2013 03:39:39 pm
      righto, I need to have a word with myself because my view on it doesn't match yours? ok that makes sense.

I still think it's over the top on a match day to sing Rafa songs and carry on like he's still in charge here. Yes we love him, yes he is a legend but we're in a battle against him from the off, don't get why we should be cheering him on?

Well some of us never got to say goodbye when the old regime got shut, that's respect getting paid for all what he did for the club, plus the fact we haven't got much left to play for.
      redno7
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | 21 
      Reply #40: Apr 18, 2013 03:56:03 pm
      Your take on Rafa doesn't correspond with the majority, read the replies to your assertion.

not sure I follow. My take on Rafa is very similar to most others, I worship the man and have upmost respect for him and everything he's done.

What I was getting at was I wasn't sure if chanting and singing and flag waving for Rafa was a sensible thing to do when we're just about play them/him
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #41: Apr 18, 2013 04:12:34 pm

What I was getting at was I wasn't sure if chanting and singing and flag waving for Rafa was a sensible thing to do when we're just about play them/him

Just might play into our hands and distract Rafa with his tactics and subs ;)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #42: Apr 18, 2013 04:14:27 pm
      not sure I follow. My take on Rafa is very similar to most others, I worship the man and have upmost respect for him and everything he's done.

The doubts you hold about cheering Rafa are the reason I say to you reconsider.
      The man deserves our respect without reservation, circumstance dictates that he manage another club, that fact should not in any way affect the light in which we see our hero and most certainly not detract from his status.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #43: Apr 18, 2013 04:32:14 pm
      yeah if you don't get why the rafa chant will go round anfield you obviously haven't been a supporter for very long

didn't the kop do the dalglish chant in rodgers first game? or first game at anfield or something? but they also sang "there's only one brendan rodgers"?

we are LFC we don't forget our greats.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #44: Apr 18, 2013 06:13:16 pm
      I agree with most here: Rafa definitely deserves a ton of respect and a few songs sung in his name. I mean, we won the European Cup with him and were in the final for another. How can you not show respect and admiration for the man for that?!

That said, and I can't speak for anyone else here, I'd love to see us stuff them like 5-nil. Something lopsided.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #45: Apr 18, 2013 06:18:29 pm
      Myself I'd be surprised if Brendan doesn't acknowledge Rafa's return in some way as well, I'm sure he understands what it's all about.

I'm sure the majority of fans will do it up right and not be disrespectful.

And if anyone does make it disrespectful to our current boss, shame on them.

Quick Reply