Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

PFA Player/Young Player of the Year Awards

Read 7664 times
      KobeWorst
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 458 posts | 12 
      Re: PFA Player/Young Player of the Year Awards
      Reply #23: Apr 23, 2013 09:25:06 am
      Make that Van Persie/Bale after Luis late Sunday lunch.

Heart says Suarez and Bale, head and media influence says Bale..mmm...Berteke. Problem is if Bale wins player of the year it throws young player wide upon.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,281 posts | 803 
      Reply #24: Apr 23, 2013 09:30:12 am
      Make that Van Persie/Bale after Luis late Sunday lunch.

The votes were already in prior to Sunday.
      KobeWorst
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 458 posts | 12 
      Reply #25: Apr 23, 2013 09:42:16 am
      Ah, even if they had voted Suarez do you think they would stick by it if he gets handed a 10 game ban?

The votes were already in prior to Sunday.
      KobeWorst
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 458 posts | 12 
      Reply #26: Apr 23, 2013 10:35:16 am
      Calls for Suarez to be removed from the list have been squashed by PFA chairman Clarke Carlisle this morning. Fingers crossed for Luis.

Ah, even if they had voted Suarez do you think they would stick by it if he gets handed a 10 game ban?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #27: Apr 23, 2013 12:34:28 pm
      Headline
      Carrick, Bale, Suarez, Van Persie, Hazard & Mata on PFA shortlist
      Why Carrick 1st?

Because they handed the list to Steve Claridge during Final Score and asked him to put them in alphabetical order ready for printing.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #28: Apr 23, 2013 01:38:21 pm
      Calls for Suarez to be removed from the list have been squashed by PFA chairman Clarke Carlisle this morning. Fingers crossed for Luis.

They would only have removed his name if he had won it mate.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #29: Apr 28, 2013 10:01:44 pm
      Team of the year: De Gea; Zabaleta, Ferdinand, Vertongen, Baines; Hazard, Mata, Carrick, Bale; Van Persie, Suarez
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #30: Apr 28, 2013 10:41:17 pm
      Some papers have announced that Bale on both awards well before they are officially announced. A bit odd for such a thing to get leaked?

Zaha won the Championship POTY award over Ince somehow.
      scouse_jatt
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 349 posts | 14 
      Reply #31: Apr 28, 2013 10:44:57 pm
      MOTD 2 saying Bale's won both awards, pathetic but nothing I didn't expect
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #32: Apr 28, 2013 10:45:45 pm
      Some papers have announced that Bale on both awards well before they are officially announced. A bit odd for such a thing to get leaked?

Sky running with it now, nothing to do with it getting leaked, it's probably just happened in London and the papers at least will want to run with it tomorrow.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #33: Apr 28, 2013 10:49:24 pm
      Sky running with it now, nothing to do with it getting leaked, it's probably just happened in London and the papers at least will want to run with it tomorrow.
      Nah, some papers had the story running well before it was announced at the event.

If you're nominated for the POTY you should be removed from YPOTY contention. Silly for one player to win both.

Either way he was the third best player overall this season for me. Just so happens, like most awards, it's the candidate that sticks in your recent memory that gets the nod.
      Bleed-LFC
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 200 posts |
      Reply #34: Apr 28, 2013 10:55:48 pm
      Skysports online has BREAKING NEWS LUIS SUAREZ NAMED IN PFA'S PREMIER LEAGUE TEAM OF THE YEAR.. :mad: :mad:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #35: Apr 28, 2013 11:37:07 pm
      I don't give a sh*t that Bale won.

Luis is the Player of the Season.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #36: Apr 29, 2013 07:34:27 am
      The only Player of the Year Award that I give two shits about is the Liverpool FC Player of the Year Award and Luis will have pissed that one with Raheem Sterling and Phillipe Coutinho battling it out for the Young Player of the Year Award.

If Luis had gained the most votes in last night's it would have got fixed so he didn't. He may have done for all we know but quite frankly I do not give a f**k.

Any dwindling interest I had in these type of awards vanished when Ryan Giggs was made to win one after somebody realised that he had never won one before in a season when he was average and there was plenty of outstanding performances ahead of him.

Also remember that the votes are counted in January, the middle month of the season. They should be getting counted after the FA Cup Final if you ask me but The FA probably have their winners in mind long before that.

If you didn't give a f**k about it before last night then after the public flogging Suarez has got from The FA, The Prime Minister, Gordon Taylor and the guests who booed his name at the awards last night then I'd hope you don't give a f**k about The FA's end of season party next year.

I'm sorry for Steven Gerrard when I say this but I hope with all of my f**king heart that England don't qualify for Brasil 2014, I really do.

And I'd have a f**king party if they did qualify and Uruguay, with a Luis Suarez goal, knocked them out early doors. I'd prefer it if they didn't even get involved at all though and Luis had a great World Cup, that would do the most damage to those spineless tw*ts..

xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #37: Apr 29, 2013 01:00:06 pm
      The voting was 1. Bale 2. Suarez 3. RVP
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #38: Apr 29, 2013 01:46:14 pm
      The voting was 1. Bale 2. Suarez 3. RVP

That's awful. Bale wasn't even better than van Persie, let alone our Luis!

But you can't honestly say you're surprised though, can you?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #39: Apr 29, 2013 04:45:48 pm
      Any dwindling interest I had in these type of awards vanished when Ryan Giggs was made to win one after somebody realised that he had never won one before in a season when he was average and there was plenty of outstanding performances ahead of him.

Agreed mate. I stopped bothering about those prizes after Giggs won that one too.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #40: Apr 29, 2013 07:56:54 pm
      Who attends these awards? Apparently Luis name was recieved with boos.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #41: Apr 29, 2013 08:34:49 pm
      PFA's Carlisle says hiring comedian Hunter 'huge mistake'
      Professional Footballers' Association chairman Clarke Carlisle believes his organisation made "a huge mistake" in hiring comedian Reginald D Hunter to perform at Sunday's awards in London.

The black American performer Hunter used the word 'nigger' during his performance at the PFA dinner at Grosvenor House hotel in Mayfair.
      "I thought we made a huge mistake," Carlisle said.

"Using a comedian of his type was a gross error in judgement."

Tottenham's Gareth Bale was named the PFA Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year, while Arsenal Ladies midfielder Kim Little was named the inaugural PFA Women's Player of the Year at the annual awards evening.

Northampton defender Carlisle, who became PFA chairman in 2010, added: "I was embarrassed, sat up there throughout, and I want to apologise unreservedly to the footballing community that was present."

Carlisle revealed that some of the attendees had found Hunter's humour "highly offensive"

"This is the showpiece finale. I don't want to lambast Reginald Hunter - he's a comedian. He will take issues to the edge and beyond," he told BBC Radio 5 live.

"I thought [the content] was inappropriate because we are a union that have fought strongly against racism over years.

"Don't get it twisted. Comedy is subjective - some found him funny, some weren't offended, some weren't comfortable and some found it highly offensive.

"He also talked about Jews, Judaism and women - the tone of which I thought was wholly inappropriate."

Carlisle added: "My personal experience of him was on satirical shows. There was an expectation or hope he would cater for his audience. We need to address what kind of prepping we gave him beforehand."

A PFA statement published on Monday  said that Hunter had been informed that about 25% of the audience at the awards would be women and that the ages would range from 18 to 80. It added that the American was also told "swearing or any racist references were to be avoided".

Speaking before Carlisle's comments, PFA chief executive Gordon Taylor said Hunter might have been unaware that racial language had been an "emotive" subject in football in recent times.

"I think there were a few raised eyebrows over the comedian but that is the sort of thing you can't control. It was unfortunate. He is a professional comedian," Taylor said.
      "It's a difficult subject in football and with him not being fully aware of how emotive it has been in football, that was probably a difficulty for him."

In February, Football Association ambassador Paul Elliott resigned from all roles representing the organisation and his role at anti-discrimination body Kick It Out following reports of a racism row.

A newspaper report alleged Elliott had a dispute by text message over a business venture with former Charlton player Richard Rufus. Elliott was reported to have used a derogatory term.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22346517

Great choice by the Non-racist, gender neutral FA (F***ing Arseholes)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #42: Apr 29, 2013 08:38:53 pm
      Great choice by the Non-racist, gender neutral FA (F***ing Arseholes)

It was the PFA, not the FA from what I understand.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #43: Apr 29, 2013 08:42:43 pm
      It was the PFA, not the FA from what I understand.

Damn, You're right.

My apologies.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #44: Apr 29, 2013 08:50:01 pm
      The whole thing was a joke anyway by the fact half the players on the list shouldn't have even be nominated.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #45: Apr 29, 2013 08:50:52 pm
      Oh the F***ing irony; was the comedian booed for talking innapropriately about Jews, Judaism and women? NO
      Was the comedian booed for using the N word? NO
      Was the mention of the convicted arm sucker booed? You bet your arse it was.

Quick Reply