Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Coutinho - The New Kaka?

Read 3641 times
      Adam_Gibson8
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 290 posts |
      • YNWA
      Coutinho - The New Kaka?
      May 03, 2013 02:15:15 pm
      I know its early days but i think Coutinho is going to be the next Kaka! He plays exactly like him but with more pace! He can see pass when nobody else can and can open up any defense with one piece of brilliance!

Tricky, smart, technically gifted not the finished article but only going to get better and better with age and experience! What a bargain! Most people never heard of him (Me too) and were BR hating! Just shows BR can see a player!

Just wanna know what people's thoughts are on him as i think he's destined to be the number 10 for Brazil in 1 or 2 years time!
      « Last Edit: May 03, 2013 06:14:17 pm by Reslivo »
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Re: Coutinho....The New Kaka?
      Reply #1: May 03, 2013 02:53:25 pm
      Different build from Kaka but I can see where you are coming from. Coutinho can take someone on and produce a final ball which is something we have lacked for a while. Kaka was unbelievable about 6 years ago, Coutinho still has a long way to go to get to that level but hopefully he can reach it with us.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #2: May 03, 2013 02:56:36 pm
      He reminds me less of Kaka and more of Pablito Aimar!!
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #3: May 03, 2013 02:57:27 pm
      I know its early days but i think Coutinho is going to be the next Kaka! He plays exactly like him but with more pace! He can see pass when nobody else can and can open up any defense with one piece of brilliance!

Tricky, smart, technically gifted not the finished article but only going to get better and better with age and experience! What a bargain! Most people never heard of him (Me too) and were BR hating! Just shows BR can see a player!

Just wanna know what people's thoughts are on him as i think he's destined to be the number 10 for Brazil in 1 or 2 years time!

???

Most of the reds followed Benitez's tenure at Inter i guess. He played him a lot of times. And saw some reports that Rafa suggested him to Liverpool  after he lost his job at Inter.

@ the topic. Brilliant player.
      He is not the next Kaka.He is Coutinho. He is a unique player with incredible ball control, work rate , eye for pass, dribbler etc.
      Adam_Gibson8
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 290 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #4: May 03, 2013 02:59:13 pm
      He reminds me less of Kaka and more of Pablito Aimar!!

Good shout! But just comparing him to a brazillian from recent years and kaka fits the bill but can see were ur coming from with the size and technique of Aimar!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #5: May 03, 2013 03:00:36 pm
      I'm quite happy with him being the first Coutinho.
      Adam_Gibson8
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 290 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #6: May 03, 2013 03:03:10 pm
      Obviously in years to come people will be saying that some player is 'the next coutinho' no doubt about it! But i am just making a comparison to players that our similar in some ways to him!
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #7: May 03, 2013 03:20:04 pm
      Brilliant Babbel
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 510 posts | 10 
      Reply #8: May 03, 2013 04:57:40 pm

I wish i had a pound for everytime a thread started with this phrase.  ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #9: May 03, 2013 05:49:10 pm
      For me hes the new Coutinho
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #10: May 03, 2013 05:55:23 pm
      I understand why you thought of the comparisant but I don't like comparing players to other players. People become to focused on how a players performances link in to other players performances. I prefer to think of Coutinho as his own man and let him decide his own destiny.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Re: Coutinho - The New Kaka?
      Reply #11: May 03, 2013 07:01:24 pm
      I really think this kid could take football by storm , my big fear is that he is exactly what Barcelona need ! The next Iniesta ? Hope we tie his future up !
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #12: May 03, 2013 07:11:28 pm
      Next season will be his big test, other managers will have him singled out as our play maker, and he will be heavily marked, and will probably get some rough treatment.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #13: May 03, 2013 07:39:41 pm
      Next season will be his big test, other managers will have him singled out as our play maker, and he will be heavily marked, and will probably get some rough treatment.

If they can catch him mate, he'd have been the victim of some butchery this season but the defenders cannot get close to him. There's gonna be some red cards in future as he frustates players and they react.
      Aggeraphobia
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      Reply #14: May 03, 2013 09:26:20 pm
      Since our spate of the Next Zidane's under Houllier can't bear to see The New x about one of our players. Let him be Coutinho...

That said, he is definitely much better than Cheyrou!
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #15: May 04, 2013 12:36:21 am
      He'll be an outstanding player. He's got it all, you can just see it in the way he plays.

My only issue is that when he reaches his peak will we be able to hold onto him?. This is where the owners have to step up their game and make sure we have a Squad capable of challenging for top honours over the next couple of Seasons.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,662 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #16: May 04, 2013 08:09:39 am
      Soon to be Moneyball poster boy.
      The next technically brilliant Brazilian No 10.
      Our Coutinho.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #17: May 04, 2013 08:23:15 am
      Most people never heard of him (Me too) and were BR hating!
      Oh dear.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #18: May 04, 2013 08:27:48 am

Indeed.

I don't think I read too many on here who were against this signing and most had heard a bit about him as he broke into the Inter side while Rafa was boss.

There's no doubt this lad is going to be a star but he is the new Coutinho and not anyone else.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #19: May 04, 2013 10:01:40 am
      He'll be an outstanding player. He's got it all, you can just see it in the way he plays.

My only issue is that when he reaches his peak will we be able to hold onto him?. This is where the owners have to step up their game and make sure we have a Squad capable of challenging for top honours over the next couple of Seasons.

Is right mate and the very reason the owners should have takea more pro-active response to the Suarez affair.
      Be it money or moral support it interprets as commitment to the player and a feeling of value to the cause.
      How different could it have been if a more positive attitude would have been applied with the negro fiasco?
      Phillipe Coutinho needs that commitment and genuine support at every level in the club.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #20: May 04, 2013 08:01:39 pm
      The more I think of it, Suso could learn a lot from him, Coutinho is the player Suso could be if he becomes more confident. Sterling could benefit greatly from his through balls also.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #21: May 04, 2013 08:27:21 pm
      The more I think of it, Suso could learn a lot from him, Coutinho is the player Suso could be if he becomes more confident. Sterling could benefit greatly from his through balls also.
      Nailed it. He just needs confidence in his passing ability. Suso is 6/7 on through balls this season compared to Coutinho's 8/12 for the reds. Both have the quality to make those passes. Would be a delight to witness it happen.

Quick Reply