Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Liverpool FC - Owned by the Fans

Read 1110 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Liverpool FC - Owned by the Fans
      Apr 24, 2013 04:54:11 pm
      What do we need to do to buy the club off the current owners? Apart from around half a billion pounds that is...

It's my belief that we are suffering from the fact that we are not owned by persons intrinsically linked to Liverpool FC. This is no sleight toward Americans, or anyone, I'd be just as happy if Jan Molby or Bruce Grobbellar put in a bid for us. It's just that I know we'd be much better off if owned by those who live, breathe and bleed Liverpool FC, and who are genuinely in love with Football. I sometimes wonder where we'd be now if Steve Morgan had taken over, sure he didn't have billions, but he would have done everything garnered from a real love for the club.

We need football men/women from the ground up, from the tea person to the main man/woman - so in the interest of good discussion, as Barca have done, how awesome would it be if Liverpool Football Club was owned solely by the supporters?
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Re: Liverpool FC - Owned by the Fans
      Reply #1: Apr 24, 2013 05:01:23 pm
      Not to rain on any parade but the blues have a chairman who lives and breathes the club, but that alone isn't a recipe for success, evident by the empty Goodison trophy room. I think it's unfeasible for the whole club to be solely fan owned. Perhaps a split model similar to German clubs is actually possible.

Of course I agree it'd be fantastic and it needs to be, as you say, from the tea lady to the coaches and manager. It's why calls for the return in a coaching capacity of the likes of Sami, Carra etc should be made even louder!
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 234 
      Reply #2: Apr 24, 2013 07:50:01 pm
      I would love this and apart from the money it would not be totally unfeasable. If the other big clubs can do this, we can surely do it with our global support
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #3: Apr 24, 2013 08:26:38 pm
      This is the way it used to be prior to Moores selling out to Twit and tw*t,you could buy shares in Liverpool Football Club.Because Moores sold out all other shareholders had to relinquish their shares ,they could not of kept the shares even if they had wanted to.It is a lovely sentiment L.F.C. owned by the fans and how it should be, but sadly I can never see those days returning.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      Reply #4: Apr 24, 2013 08:44:05 pm
      All I know, is everyone has their price, and LFC has millions of supporters world wide
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #5: Apr 24, 2013 08:53:02 pm
      There would need to be serious investment from somewhere. Celebrity fans, ex-players and seriously wealthy supporters?

I'd be down. Would be a hard dream to gain momentum for.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      Reply #6: Apr 24, 2013 09:09:06 pm
      There would need to be serious investment from somewhere. Celebrity fans, ex-players and seriously wealthy supporters?

I'd be down. Would be a hard dream to gain momentum for.
      But not impossible though

Surely someone somewhere knows how all this works, and what the correct course of action would be
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #7: Apr 24, 2013 09:20:42 pm
       as much i like the idea, i dont think it'll make much difference compared to our current owners

imo henry is doing a decent job.  he's steering the lfc ship into financial stability.  the teams that are really stellar these days either have huge debt or an extremely wealthy owner that pump millions into the team.  lets face it, if we someone buy the team, liverpool isnt going to get hundreds of millions of dollars on the transfer window as that means we will each have to pump in more money in relation to the shares we own.  asking 1 guy for $1million is vastly easier than getting $1 from a million people when it comes to these things.

portsmouth recently got bought by its fans... and i wish them all the best.  but i see them now needing to be more fiscally sound than ever before.

Quick Reply