Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

Alex Ferguson Is Retiring

Read 25256 times
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Re: Alex Ferguson Is Retiring
      Reply #184: May 09, 2013 11:37:13 am
      Who seriously thinks that its a downward slide for united from here on?
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #185: May 09, 2013 11:37:54 am
      fergie's not fit to polish shankly and bob's boot, gets way too much credit. we all know what bob did in far shorter time, but apart from that, their winning percentage is actually identical (56%). however, fergie was given far more time, and the benefit of working for the world's richest club for 26 years with untold resources other clubs dreamed about until abramovich came along, i can't believe people still think he's best manager this country's ever seen.

saying that, as much as i hate the grotty, whisky guzzling, hypocrite, you do have to acknowledge his achievement. all the titles and cups he's won is not something to be taken lightly and he has been a great manager (yes it hurts to say it but it's the truth).

but, good f***ing riddance. i hope they get that ginger c**t moyes and we'll see them knock themselves off their f***ing perch quicker than you can say "it was souness who did it".
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,610 posts | 7142 
      Reply #186: May 09, 2013 11:46:01 am
      he  knows that he has lost Scholes and Giggs now Ferdinand is on his way out so having won the title he is jumping ship whilst he can. He figured how to win the league but European titles over 27 years is very poor and they went through a phase were they were dire in Europe. Joe Fagan has a more successful record than him but never gets a mention Bob Paisley is so much more a better manager too. lets all hope its Moyes
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #187: May 09, 2013 11:53:39 am
      he  knows that he has lost Scholes and Giggs now Ferdinand is on his way out so having won the title he is jumping ship whilst he can.
      Add Rooney to the list.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,622 posts | 2159 
      Reply #188: May 09, 2013 12:36:09 pm
      Surely they won't actually appoint Smeagol! Am having a lot of fun baiting various mancs with this one because they are up in arms at the prospect. No trophies, no champions league experience, no big club experience and no pressure to win at the bitters. Can't believe they are even thinking about it!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #189: May 09, 2013 01:24:56 pm
      he  knows that he has lost Scholes and Giggs now Ferdinand is on his way out so having won the title he is jumping ship whilst he can. He figured how to win the league but European titles over 27 years is very poor and they went through a phase were they were dire in Europe. Joe Fagan has a more successful record than him but never gets a mention Bob Paisley is so much more a better manager too. lets all hope its Moyes

Hahaha the biggest chuckle is the old c**t reckons he's left a dynasty and squad potential to see the decade out??!!
      Trying to outdo Mr Paisley has almost seen him off, they're incapable of progressing in Europe and the only reason they keep winning the Prem. is because the competition is crap since LFC took the knock.
      The mancs and gollum are a match made in hell, there was nothing surer who was gonna get the job - watch the fun begin and eventually they bring bacon face out of retirement when gollum turns them into Everton mk 2.   
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,467 posts | 4591 
      Reply #190: May 09, 2013 01:33:32 pm
      What time is Gollum being announced as manager of Old Toilet?
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #191: May 09, 2013 02:27:57 pm
      Mancs accidentally put this on their FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/manchesterunited?v=app_119829254859378

So it begins.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #192: May 09, 2013 02:35:56 pm
      Official Everton ‏@Everton 2m
       OFFICIAL: Everton can confirm that "The Chosen One" will leave the Club at the end of the season. More on http://evertonfc.com . #EFC
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #193: May 09, 2013 02:39:35 pm
      On the manUre f'book ''send your personal welcome to our new manager "The Chosen One"''.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 2843 
      Reply #194: May 09, 2013 02:42:37 pm
      I can't actually believe how many think Moyes is a class manager.

And even more so, I can't believe he's actually going to become United manager.

Astonishing.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #195: May 09, 2013 02:48:21 pm
      "The Chosen One" to Manchester United feels A LOT like Roy Hodgson to Liverpool. There is just simply no comparison to what's expected as manager of Liverpool and United to what either were expected to accomplish at Everton and Fulham.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #196: May 09, 2013 02:53:32 pm
      SSN reported that Moyes to Utd was a done deal. Then they retracted that statement.

The Guardian also happened to do the exact same thing. Pathetic :laugh:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #197: May 09, 2013 02:58:17 pm
      I can't actually believe how many think Moyes is a class manager.

And even more so, I can't believe he's actually going to become United manager.

Astonishing.

Astonishing for Moyes and 90% of the viewing public who will be delighted if their hopes and wishes are realised, Moyes isn't included in the last part of the statement of course it's the 90% of manUre hating general public are made up with the situation.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,467 posts | 4591 
      Reply #198: May 09, 2013 03:01:09 pm
      Can't wait to find out who the next United boss is gonna be!.

I reckon it's a toss up between Klopp or Jose  :roll:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Re: Alex Ferguson Is Rotting
      Reply #199: May 09, 2013 03:02:03 pm
      That's a better thread title.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,537 posts | 1489 
      Reply #200: May 09, 2013 03:03:37 pm
      You're not kidding! BBC1 had a Football Focus special on TV last night, all about Slur Alice. So on the same day his retirement was announced, they immediately changed the schedule in a frantic attempt to get their cock-sucking in first.
      The beeb decided to spend the whole of 'north west tonight' last night on the pr**k (F**k any other local news)typical Manchester tw*ts
      Old toilet must have reached  full capacity of people waiting to suck fergies prune  balls.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #201: May 09, 2013 03:59:11 pm
      "The Chosen One" to Manchester United feels A LOT like Roy Hodgson to Liverpool. There is just simply no comparison to what's expected as manager of Liverpool and United to what either were expected to accomplish at Everton and Fulham.

It's what I was thinking yesterday. Like Moyes at Everton I think Hodgson did a real standard job with tight resources at Fulham. But like Hodgson I never envisaged him becoming a top class manager. I think Moyes has done a real good job at Everton, but not an outstanding job. It's an appointment made by Ferguson that's for sure, but it's an appointment which I feel is quite selfish and too 'mirror like' and based too much on Sir Alex's image of himself.

Look at it this way. Would "The Chosen One" be the new manager of Manchester United if he wasn't from Glasgow?
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #202: May 09, 2013 04:03:55 pm
      Moyes hired on a 6 year deal. Will take over from 1st July.
      zxZXzx
      • Forum John Toshack

• 254 posts |
      Reply #203: May 09, 2013 04:13:26 pm
      He won F**k all,but not so sure is he that bad option for long run.Mou is more like instant win but he jumps a lot so kinda depends what club wants in general.Anyway like i said,we should focus on our own path.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,185 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #204: May 09, 2013 05:22:50 pm

Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #205: May 09, 2013 05:25:35 pm
      Please tell me that Paddy Power ad is real!!!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #206: May 09, 2013 05:26:46 pm

Quick Reply