Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

Your opinion about LFC

Read 1291 times
      Nico29
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 7 posts |
      Your opinion about LFC
      May 12, 2013 10:39:49 pm
      Dear Liverpool F.C. fan,

I’m Nicolas Bratti, 18 years old, and I live in a small village in Switzerland. Since August 2010, I do an apprenticeship (three days per week at work and the two other days at school) in an insurance company.

At school, I have to do a report about a topic and I have chosen my favourite football club: Liverpool. Personal contacts with English-speaking people should be the basis of my project and I try to investigate on specifics aspects.

So I have some questions:
      •   Do you think to build a new stadium in the future is necessary? Why?
      •   Have you ever been to a game in Liverpool? Explain how it was.
      •   How can you describe the main qualities and defects of the club to somebody who never watched a game of Liverpool?
      •   Tell me who are the best players of the current team and why?
      •   What is your best memory as a Liverpool F.C. fan?
      •   Can Liverpool F.C. become again champion of England? How?

I would be grateful if you can answer my questions. Thank you in advance.

Best regards
      Nicolas Bratti

(I hope I have written in the appropriate part of the forum)
      Nico29
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 7 posts |
      Re: Your opinion about LFC
      Reply #1: May 14, 2013 09:03:17 pm
      Nobody can answer me?  :-\
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2: May 17, 2013 03:05:53 am
      Nico, no offence but I don't think as your first post people want to start doing your coursework for you. You'll find your answers if you care to put the effort in to reading peoples responses in the various threads but that would require effort from you, something you don't seem too keen on doing.
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #3: Jun 07, 2013 03:39:03 pm
      Since you got totally blanked in the last post by some try hard I will give you my personal answers.

1. A new modern stadium is necessary for us to progress as a club back to the top of English football which is where we belong. Unfortunately the current owners seem reluctant to do this and want to take the cheap way out and extend Anfield which for all its sentimental, historical and atmospheric values is now outdated.

2. I have been to a large number of Liverpool games in my time. Depending on what games you go to, the experience can vary. For example in the Champions League against Barcelona, the atmosphere was truly magnificent however against a nobody like Stoke or Norwich it is usually awful. This translates onto the players. Liverpool have developed a reputation at turning up to big games but then not putting away the fodder of the league.

3. Main qualities of the club are its history and tradition. Best fans in England at least. History is only behind a couple of other sides such as AC Milan and Real Madrid. Not afraid to stand up to the establishment as seen in Suarez racism claim with T-Shirts which was a great way to piss all the others outside of our club off which is only a positive.

4. Our best player by far is Luis Suarez. He is also one of the best in the world and easily the best in the Premier League. I have never seen any player who plays in such a way as him. Unfortunately it looks like he may be leaving so we will need to find a replacement which is nigh on impossible. Steven Gerrard has been our best player in the past and found his real self again this season after 2 years walking around.

5. Best memory as an LFC fan is easily the Champions League Final in 2005.

6. Im really not sure if we can do it again. Other teams are always improving and clubs living off oil money such as City and Chelsea are now in the way as well. However Borussia Dortmund in Germany have proved what a side can be made with relatively little money so we need to make the most of what we have, which make no mistake is still a large percentage above most over clubs and put it to good use. Then maybe one day we can return to where we belong.
      wolves76
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 84 posts |
      Reply #4: Jun 08, 2013 12:31:14 am
      So I have some questions:
      •   Do you think to build a new stadium in the future is necessary? Why?
      •   Have you ever been to a game in Liverpool? Explain how it was.
      •   How can you describe the main qualities and defects of the club to somebody who never watched a game of Liverpool?
      •   Tell me who are the best players of the current team and why?
      •   What is your best memory as a Liverpool F.C. fan?
      •   Can Liverpool F.C. become again champion of England? How?

1. No I think Anfield is perfect for redevelopment and a steady increase in capacity. It would have been insane to demolish one of the most iconic stadiums in European football.

2. I went to my first game in 80 and my last game was the one we played against QPR.  The atmosphere in the glory years was patchy.  Big matches, big atmospheres but in the 80s Anfield was by no means always full and often very quiet when we were dominating teams. We became a bit spoilt by our success.  Nowadays it is nearly always full and although it is quiet in patches during the non big games there is more of an effort to get songs started and I think the atmosphere is better generally than say thirty years ago.

3. Id say the main quality of the club lies in the fact that from a playing perspective we are historically one of the most successful teams in europe and we played and play a pass and move style of football which is well regarded.  And in terms of our fanbase we have an attitude of F**k you to the establishment and vested interests. We demanded justice for the lies and cover up regarding Hillsborough despite relentless smears and claims of "self pity" and "victimhood". There was a sense of solidarity that was also apparent during the ousting of Hicks and Gillett and that made me incredibly proud to be a Liverpool fan.  In terms of negativity this point applies to all top flight clubs.....the salaries of most of the players is obscene and when I wander round one of the most deprived districts in Europe before a game, that does make me stop and think.

4. Suarez is the best player in our current team and one of the finest I have ever seen play for Liverpool. He is a magician on the field and can do things with a football that I could not even think of,  never mind actually do. 

5. My favourite memory as a Liverpool fan was when the final whistle went against Chelsea in the semi final of the champions league in 2005....ive never seen anfield that wild or heard it that loud. It was amazing and even Istanbul which was a miracle doesnt rate higher than Chelsea cos Chelsea was like going back in time to the old days at Anfield....in fact it was BETTER than the old days.

6. Of course we will!  How?? By being the best team....we are Liverpool.  Im certain we will get back to the summit.  Im a pessimist when it comes to supporting my team but we will be Premiership Champions again.  Probably in the next couple of years.

Quick Reply