Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Eril Lamela

Read 6671 times
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Re: Eril Lamela
      Reply #23: Aug 22, 2013 10:25:25 am
      Ok so what would you have done with Suarez. There was only interest from Arsenal, would you have sold him to them even for the reported 55-60 mn. Once there was no outside interest for Suarez, we were stuck with having a disgruntled player in the squad, now let's just hope he has got over his wish and is ready to give us his all.

I'd of offered him to foreign teams for less than what the Arse were offering. At 40m I'm sure one of the big european teams would of joined the race. It's ok saying he's worth 55-60m but if he acts up his actual worth to us is significantly less than that. We can't afford to have unhappy players and if that means taking a cut price on him so be it, we are still going to make a profit on him regardless.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #24: Aug 22, 2013 10:36:06 am
      I'd of offered him to foreign teams for less than what the Arse were offering. At 40m I'm sure one of the big european teams would of joined the race. It's ok saying he's worth 55-60m but if he acts up his actual worth to us is significantly less than that. We can't afford to have unhappy players and if that means taking a cut price on him so be it, we are still going to make a profit on him regardless.

First of all its an assumption that a foreign team would have come in for him for 40 mn, you can't say that for sure otherwise we should have seen atleast some reported interest when his release clause rumours started florating around. Also, you would sell a player well below his real market value and set an example when other teams know you can be taken for a ride. Look at Bale, Cavani, Falcao , they also wanted to leave but none of them is leaving for a cut price. I believe the manager and staff had faith in Suarez's commitment before before deciding to keep him. The early signs are there that he has accepted his fate, for the real conclusion we would have to wait till he enters the field.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #25: Aug 22, 2013 10:36:41 am
      Well Arsenal finished in the top 4 for a reason last year..

Yes we both want the same I just don't think we will get there with our current squad.

As I said to Bri I hope you're right
      i think we have strengthened, not with superstars but with very decent players. We also have a very young squad with tonnes of potential, if just a few of them progress this season then we'll have a great team. I really don't see the need for a superstar signing at the moment, what position are we particularly weak in?
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #26: Aug 22, 2013 10:42:43 am
      First of all its an assumption that a foreign team would have come in for him for 40 mn, you can't say that for sure otherwise we should have seen atleast some reported interest when his release clause rumours started florating around. Also, you would sell a player well below his real market value and set an example when other teams know you can be taken for a ride. Look at Bale, Cavani, Falcao , they also wanted to leave but none of them is leaving for a cut price. I believe the manager and staff had faith in Suarez's commitment before before deciding to keep him. The early signs are there that he has accepted his fate, for the real conclusion we would have to wait till he enters the field.

It's all assumption but if we accepted Arsenals offer at 40m clubs would of smelt a "bargain" and selling at a lesser price to someone who isn't our competition can easily be seen as strength instead of weakness as it would look like we are choosing his destination instead of desperately grabbing the best price.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #27: Aug 22, 2013 10:42:52 am
      i think we have strengthened, not with superstars but with very decent players. We also have a very young squad with tonnes of potential, if just a few of them progress this season then we'll have a great team. I really don't see the need for a superstar signing at the moment, what position are we particularly weak in?

I think we have improved, just not enough.
      I'm not suggesting things are all bad at all, we are slowly heading the right way but the other 5 teams above us are in better positions with better squads.

I'd still say we need another cb, wide player/am and another 9

Not superstars but players who can make a difference within the squad
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #28: Aug 22, 2013 01:29:57 pm
      Barrett said he wasn't even working yesterday and these rumours using his name are total bullshit
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #29: Aug 22, 2013 01:53:30 pm
      Yeah Bri was saying that in the first reply. Twitter... the bit between the tw*t and the shi**er.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #30: Aug 22, 2013 02:39:21 pm
      I find it odd to see see Roma selling Lamela considering this summer they already sold Marquinhos to PSG
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #31: Aug 22, 2013 03:05:20 pm
      They sold Osvaldo too so I hope they hold onto Lamela.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #32: Aug 22, 2013 03:09:12 pm
      So is this an actual rumor? Aren't we supposed to have a link to some sort of reasonably realistic news story?
      Wiggy
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 293 posts | 21 
      Reply #33: Aug 22, 2013 03:12:19 pm
      I find it odd to see see Roma selling Lamela considering this summer they already sold Marquinhos to PSG

You forget that they are owned by an NESV partner. Buy low sell high, thats the name of the game.  :f_tongueincheek: (Puts on tin hat!!) 
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #34: Aug 22, 2013 04:13:51 pm
      So is this an actual rumor? Aren't we supposed to have a link to some sort of reasonably realistic news story?

No we haven't been properly linked to him as far as I can tell, the quality in the OP is very poor, even his name is incorrect.

As far as I can tell it's from a twitter account that is simply after piggybacking on Tony Barrett's name, nothing genuine from Barrett at all.

The real point should be that we should be linked with a player of this quality if he is prepared to go to a team like Spurs, but that's side issue.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #35: Aug 22, 2013 04:45:58 pm
      I heard about this  a few hours ago  on italian tv"sky-calciomercato" ( that is  Sky football transfers) its like skysportsnews in UK
        They said Lamela is close in joining  Spurs

Not saying its true, but its one of their(station) scrolling  news
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #36: Aug 22, 2013 04:56:37 pm
      Not only is the basis of the thread based on a bullshit tweet, but the thread title has a typo. Perfect :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #37: Aug 22, 2013 07:10:19 pm
      F***ing pisses me off. Literally every single one of my favourite Serie A players have been linked to us, we have signed none of them and they have all moved on to other clubs.

Jovetic, Thiago Silva, Sanchez, Pastore, Handanovic, Benatia etc F***ing etc.

Now I'm claiming my love for Walter Gargano and Camilo Zuniga. Go on Spurs, help yourselves. They're quality, I promise.

This kid solves a lot of problems for us. Wish it were true we were in for him. Only thing is BR is looking for a left sided player. Lamela plays central or on the right cutting in.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #38: Aug 23, 2013 05:20:13 am
      Why was this thread even started in the first place? Wrong name to start with, not even a rumor linking Lamela with us, people discussing other clubs' potential transfer activities and ultimately mourning the transfer of this kid to Spurs!!

Dont we have enough threads to do those already??  :f_steam:

Quick Reply