Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

Kyriakos Papadopoulos (Schalke)

Read 47133 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,358 posts | 1536 
      Re: Kyriakos Papadopoulos (Schalke)
      Reply #23: May 27, 2013 11:53:00 am
      Sounds like a monster of a player, not only in ability, but also his temperment. Only scary bit for me is why are Shalke prepared to let him go if he's that good ? is it possibly something to do with his recent knee injury/operation. I supose we have to rely on our medical staff to ensure he's o.k. in that regard, but seems like the ideal replacement for Carra.. Possibly even a step up. Need to crack on now, and get him signed before the spuds get involved.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #24: May 27, 2013 12:18:22 pm
      Only scary bit for me is why are Shalke prepared to let him go if he's that good ?

Happens all the time in football though so it's not exactly something new and certainly nothing to get worried about.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,714 posts | 3719 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #25: May 27, 2013 12:23:43 pm
      Only scary bit for me is why are Shalke prepared to let him go if he's that good ?
      A good example comes to my mind Coutinho, how come inter let him come to us for that money?!
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #26: May 27, 2013 12:28:41 pm
      A good example comes to my mind Coutinho, how come inter let him come to us for that money?!

That's a great example. Hoping we can get the players we want in ASAP so we can kick on in preseason and allow the players to settle in.

On to Papa, having not seen him play that often, not sure how good he is but certainly gets a good write up.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #27: May 27, 2013 04:38:40 pm

I think as good as he might be, Schalke already have other good options for the CB position so they might be willing to cash in from one of them. They've got Howedes, their captain and a German international, and Joel Matip, another quality youngster who can play CB/DM.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #28: May 27, 2013 11:18:32 pm

They have a few CB's already and have gotten Felipe Santana on the cheap so they could make a bit of money on him because they are struggling a bit financially aren't they?
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29: May 28, 2013 10:22:24 pm
      Chap looks like a nutter! Hope da F**k we sign him! Go from back line being bullied to back line smashing up opposition! I likes!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #30: May 28, 2013 10:28:25 pm
      This man is a psychopath!. F***ing sign him up. Almost as mental as Carra. Get him in!.  :gt-happyup:

Tackles like Tommy Smith and Mascher combined.

Not so much break attacks as break players. 

Papa Doc   another nutter from Haiti.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,932 posts | 283 
      Reply #31: May 28, 2013 10:41:48 pm
      Main competition out the way (Dortmund), and Schalke have already signed a replacement.
      http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/feedarticle/10812609

Cant wait to read Spurs about to table a bid in tomorrows headlines.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #32: May 29, 2013 03:41:04 am
      This has to be sorted out quickly, or secretly hoping the details have already been ironed out and the wait is only because it's not even June yet!
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #33: May 29, 2013 01:47:58 pm
      Just as Laudrup admitted Williams could be off, links to Papa have died down!   :-\ I hope not..
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #34: May 29, 2013 02:33:41 pm
      Latest rumours were his dad was coming to Liverpool today to negotiate personal terms.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #35: May 29, 2013 02:50:19 pm
      Just as Laudrup admitted Williams could be off, links to Papa have died down!   :-\ I hope not..

You want new stories to be created every day or something? Calm down.
      ConorOLFC
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #36: May 29, 2013 11:07:31 pm
      Would love to see Papa fill into Carras boots altough its nearly impossible to fill those boots of his. He looks like a great passionate player calm on the ball good passer and sets up his defence brilliantly. For 10 mil id take him he looks like a vidic and scores a goal or two . His tackles look unbelievable and at only 21 years of age could be a major investment. Id love to see a bit more of Coates but im not sure has that ship sailed? the Skrtel situation doesnt look great atm so its risky.. So all in all Yes sign PAPA PLEASE!!!
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #37: May 30, 2013 12:57:03 am
      Samaras vs Papadopoulos

We could do with putting some fear into our opponents
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #38: May 30, 2013 03:05:13 am
      Samaras vs Papadopoulos

We could do with putting some fear into our opponents

The amount of times I've seen that video posted haha!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,457 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #39: May 30, 2013 10:32:29 am
      Stories in Bild saying that 22.5 million euros is now the asking price, you could buy the whole of Greece for that !
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #40: May 30, 2013 10:34:24 am
      Stories in Bild saying that 22.5 million euros is now the asking price, you could buy the whole of Greece for that !
      That's the amount of his release clause. Can't see Schalke demanding that.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #41: May 30, 2013 11:12:57 am
      I've seen enough of his early tackles to convince me that he's a "must buy". Early tackles is what have been missing from a few of our defenders that led to more goals conceded than necessary. Another nutter, I don't mind really the more the merrier.
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #42: May 30, 2013 12:27:54 pm
      "U turn"
      Reported Premier League target Kyriakos Papadopoulos has no intention of leaving Schalke this summer, according to his agent.

The 21-year-old Greece international is considered as one of the best young defenders in Europe, having joined the German outfit from Olympiakos in 2010.

Papadopoulos, who made his first-team debut aged just 16, has been strongly linked with Liverpool, whilst Manchester City are also said to have an active interest.

But the youngster's agent is insistent that Papadopoulos is not looking to move.

"I can tell you we have no interest in a transfer away from Schalke at this point in time," Paul Koutsoliakos told Bild, insisting he is just concentrating on returning to full fitness after a knee operation in March.

"Kyriakos is happy being at this club," he said.

"Kyriakos is fully focused on being fit when Schalke start pre-season training in the next few months. He looks likely to be ready for it."
      Bier
      Reply #43: May 30, 2013 12:38:10 pm
      Well, that took a weird turn. Wonder what's happened there behind the scenes.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #44: May 30, 2013 12:51:29 pm

Unfortunately FATKOPITE10 I've already bought Greece. Found it in the bargain bin at Tescos a couple of weeks back alongside some old Jeremy Clarkson VHSs and 'The Best of Telly Addicts'.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,325 posts | 8602 
      Reply #45: May 30, 2013 01:24:33 pm
      "U turn"
      Reported Premier League target Kyriakos Papadopoulos has no intention of leaving Schalke this summer, according to his agent.

The 21-year-old Greece international is considered as one of the best young defenders in Europe, having joined the German outfit from Olympiakos in 2010.

Papadopoulos, who made his first-team debut aged just 16, has been strongly linked with Liverpool, whilst Manchester City are also said to have an active interest.

But the youngster's agent is insistent that Papadopoulos is not looking to move.

"I can tell you we have no interest in a transfer away from Schalke at this point in time," Paul Koutsoliakos told Bild, insisting he is just concentrating on returning to full fitness after a knee operation in March.

"Kyriakos is happy being at this club," he said.

"Kyriakos is fully focused on being fit when Schalke start pre-season training in the next few months. He looks likely to be ready for it."

Straight out of the agent manual for making sure client gets a cut of the fee!

Quick Reply