Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Bellamy Autobiography, Golf Club, Riise and Jerzy Getting Bailed Out Of Jail

Read 9820 times
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: Bellamy Autobiography, Golf Club, Riise and Jerzy Getting Bailed Out Of Jail
      Reply #69: Jun 14, 2013 10:41:48 pm
      He was a team mate and no call for that sh*t from Bellars , Riise gave us some awsome times remember . I like Bellars as much as the rest of ye but he was a bellend to have done it to Gingie .

Doesn't have to have been anyone like Riise, if it was anyone who was a teammate, it's uncalled for. Almost a bit like when Ashley Cole shot the youth team player. Overall, however, I really admire Bellamy and I am looking forward to reading all the tales from his Anfield days.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Re: Bellamy Autobiography, Golf Club, Riise and Jerzy Getting Bailed Out Of Jail
      Reply #70: Jun 14, 2013 10:45:20 pm
      Doesn't have to have been anyone like Riise, if it was anyone who was a teammate, it's uncalled for. Almost a bit like when Ashley Cole shot the youth team player. Overall, however, I really admire Bellamy and I am looking forward to reading all the tales from his Anfield days.
      I agree mate , it doesn't matter who he was , he wore the liverbird on his chest and that's all that matters .
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #71: Jun 14, 2013 10:56:56 pm
      I agree mate , it doesn't matter who he was , he wore the liverbird on his chest and that's all that matters .

My thoughts exactly. For me, it doesn't matter what team players play for, that sort of behaviour isn't really acceptable. I wouldn't expect it from lads in my Saturday Amatuer league team.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #72: Jun 14, 2013 11:16:23 pm
      Bellars has already admitted that what he did was a cuntish thing to do. He's right but then again it's quite funny and part of Anfield folklore now, especially considering what we went on to do at the Camp Nou not long after.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #73: Jun 14, 2013 11:23:43 pm
      Bellars has already admitted that what he did was a cuntish thing to do. He's right but then again it's quite funny and part of Anfield folklore now, especially considering what we went on to do at the Camp Nou not long after.

To an extent yes..  The folklore bit.. Not really the funny bit.

Not if you put yourself in that position
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #74: Jun 14, 2013 11:26:46 pm
      Not condoning what he did, to be clear. I think when even he admits it was foolish, it must of been clearly out of order what he did.

However, Riise played his part. Bellars doesnt come across as one to start trouble if it isn't warranted. Yeah he's a pest, but he isn't a bully.

Anyways, i recommend it to anyone. Might not be the most interesting of autobiographies but i rarely find a footballers autobiography boring. Really interesting to read about his life and career choices. Has some dry humour in there too. Really witty bloke.

When he spoke of the Chelsea fans, i loved it. Even the same about the Mancs. His respect for his past clubs is really admirable, too. Even has a nice word about BR in there. His adulation of the King, Stevie, Carra, God and even Bobby Robson is really special. Knows his stuff. Can see him being a manager in the future and i have no doubt it will be at Cardiff.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #75: Jun 15, 2013 01:06:58 am
      Yeah but i doubt Stevie or Carra would be a f**king pest like 'Ginge' seemed to be. Seemed to give what he got, Bellars.

That doesn't mean you can start cowardly threatening people with a golf club. Quite surprised Riise didn't tune him in there and then.

Quick Reply