Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Transfer Topic: Iago Aspas (Celta Vigo > Liverpool)

Read 34510 times
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Re: Iago Aspas (Celta Vigo)
      Reply #46: May 29, 2013 06:28:53 pm
      Will play on the right probably? Downing shipped out for a similar fee, could be his direct replacement.. If we are seriously looking to bring in another attacking mid say Eriksen, our front 4 would be something like

Sturridge/Borini
      Coutinho/Atsu      Suarez/Aspas
      Eriksen/Henderson

Looks really promising!
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #47: May 29, 2013 06:28:59 pm
      Until it is confirmed I won't believe it. How many times have people said we signed someone and then nothing happens. Seems like everyone is just copying off each other so they can all say they predicted Aspas.
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #48: May 29, 2013 06:29:43 pm
      Liverpool FC agree fee for Spanish striker Iago Aspas

Aspas had a buyout clause of 10 million euros (£8.5million) which would have dropped to 7million euros if Celta went down.

However, with the likes of Valencia and Swansea City also chasing him, Liverpool moved quickly to secure his services. Equally at home leading the line, playing as a second striker or in a wider role, his versatility makes him a good fit for Brendan Rodgers' system.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/630pm-update-liverpool-fc-agree-4028633#.UaY6iqhR6vU.twitter

There you have it, thanks mate
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,726 posts | 3739 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #49: May 29, 2013 06:34:41 pm
      Liverpool FC agree fee for Spanish striker Iago Aspas

£7.7m will see the Ceta Vigo forward at Anfield next season

Liverpool have agreed a fee of 9million euros (£7.7million) with Celta Vigo for the transfer of forward Iago Aspas.

The 25-year-old Spaniard has scored 12 goals in 33 appearances in La Liga this season.The ECHO revealed last weekend that the Reds had opened talks about a move to Anfield and the negotiations have reached a swift conclusion.

Aspas will remain with relegation-threatened Celta for their crunch final game of the campaign at home to Espanyol on Saturday.

They must win in order to have any chance of staying up. He is then expected to fly to Merseyside next week to discuss personal terms and under a medical.

Aspas had a buyout clause of 10 million euros (£8.5million) which would have dropped to 7million euros if Celta went down.

However, with the likes of Valencia and Swansea City also chasing him, Liverpool moved quickly to secure his services. Equally at home leading the line, playing as a second striker or in a wider role, his versatility makes him a good fit for Brendan Rodgers' system.

The manager had wanted a fourth striking option to complement Luis Suarez, Daniel Sturridge and Fabio Borini and improve the depth of his squad.

Livepool have had the 5ft 9ins frontman, who is a product of Celta Vigo’s Academy, watched frequently this season and the reports have been glowing.

He netted a career-best 29 goals to help Celta win promotion back to Spain's top flight in 2011/12.This season he has been the star performer in a struggling side with six assists to go with his 12 league goals.

Blessed with good pace and fiercely committed, he is also a clinical finisher.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/630pm-update-liverpool-fc-agree-4028633#.UaY6iqhR6vU.twitter
      It take the echo as reliable.

I never heard of him but I like the idea that we are working fast on our targets.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #50: May 29, 2013 06:37:36 pm
      If it's true, then well done to those concerned for acting swiftly and long may it continue.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #51: May 29, 2013 06:41:15 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 6419 
      Reply #52: May 29, 2013 06:51:13 pm
      Squawka Football ‏@Squawka 50m
      According to our Performance Score, Liverpool target Iago Aspas is the 5th best forward in La Liga, ahead of Falcao https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/339789278349516800/photo/1
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,348 posts | 2869 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #53: May 29, 2013 06:53:01 pm
      Dont know too much about the lad but I fully trust the gaffer.

Also sounds like his attitude is along the lines of Luis thatll do as a start for me.

Finally, as others have hinted at, to see us do businees and were not even into June is brilliant
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #54: May 29, 2013 06:54:20 pm
      Wonder if the Celta- Espanyol game is on tv this weekend.. Would be interesting to watch him over 90 minutes
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #55: May 29, 2013 06:58:36 pm
      Wonder if the Celta- Espanyol game is on tv this weekend.. Would be interesting to watch him over 90 minutes

Good call that mate, I do like that some business is being done early.

£7m-£8m the reported fee, let's hope he can be our Michu. At 25 I would of thought there'd be more known about him, but I have to be honest I haven't seen much of him but I certainly don't follow Celta Vigo so have no opinion on him other than what's linked in this thread and I'd rather save it until I actually see him outside of a youtube clip.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #56: May 29, 2013 07:00:22 pm
      Is he likely to be a back up striker or a starting winger?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 6419 
      Reply #57: May 29, 2013 07:02:03 pm
      Tor-Kristian Karlsen ‏@karlsentk 44m
      Iago Aspas: tricky second striker (or winger) with good movement and agility. Very "intense" playing style, no rest for opposing defenders

LFCTS ‏@LFCTS 3m
      A scouting report on Mirror says Aspas has similarities with Suarez 'plays each game like it’s his last, getting in the faces of opponents'

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #58: May 29, 2013 07:07:25 pm
      Tor-Kristian Karlsen ‏@karlsentk 44m
      Iago Aspas: tricky second striker (or winger) with good movement and agility. Very "intense" playing style, no rest for opposing defenders

LFCTS ‏@LFCTS 3m
      A scouting report on Mirror says Aspas has similarities with Suarez 'plays each game like it’s his last, getting in the faces of opponents'

I like the sounds of that and just from looking at the clip would definitely be more likely to be starting on the right side cutting in than through the middle in our system I think.

Dropping Downing for this lad would at least make me happy as for all of Brendan's quotes I never genuinely believed he saw a future for Stewart, could be wrong though.

The 2nd quote of FL's though "plays each game like it's his last, getting in the faces of opponents' is exactly what we need if we're to play the pressing game and where we've been let down in the past from our 'weaker' links.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #59: May 29, 2013 07:08:11 pm
      Sounds promising and not an enormous amount of cash spent. I trust Balague and he recons we have done great business. If hes a direct replacement for Downing, for roughly the same price then all the better.

Eriksen next please BR.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 6419 
      Reply #60: May 29, 2013 07:11:33 pm
      I like the sounds of that and just from looking at the clip would definitely be more likely to be starting on the right side cutting in than through the middle in our system I think.

Dropping Downing for this lad would at least make me happy as for all of Brendan's quotes I never genuinely believed he saw a future for Stewart, could be wrong though.

The 2nd quote of FL's though "plays each game like it's his last, getting in the faces of opponents' is exactly what we need if we're to play the pressing game and where we've been let down in the past from our 'weaker' links.

From what I've seen on twitter, seems like most folks think this is really good business. I too like the sounds of his personality as we would all want a team full of Suarezs' ;D

fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #61: May 29, 2013 07:26:29 pm
      Finally, as others have hinted at, to see us do businees and were not even into June is brilliant

I agree it is good that we are getting things done early. I just hope that we're not rushing into things and going for the wrong players, rather than taking time and making more measured decisions. I only say this because from the videos (yes, i know they arent the most reliable scouting method!) this Aspas fella doesnt really look all that impressive in my opinion.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #62: May 29, 2013 07:31:06 pm
      Aspas' wiki page:

He agreed to join Brendan Rodgers band of merry mentalists and has subsequently been seen crying his eyes out; wildly proclaiming his life to be 'a complete joke la'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iago_Aspas
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #63: May 29, 2013 08:30:16 pm
      Holy sh*t what's happening at the Club.  We normally have to wait till 11.30pm on deadline day to here of any transfers yet we've done 2 before the window even opens.

Sounds like an astute signing too.  Well done to the transfer committee.

Hahaha I know, right?!

But debs you bring up a really good point: The transfer committee. This does strike as a very scout-based signing. Fair play to them if it works out!

Aspas' wiki page:

He agreed to join Brendan Rodgers band of merry mentalists and has subsequently been seen crying his eyes out; wildly proclaiming his life to be 'a complete joke la'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iago_Aspas

:lmao: Sometimes you just gotta tip your cap to the bloke who edits WikiPedia before everyone else.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #64: May 29, 2013 09:16:33 pm
      Squawka Football ‏@Squawka 50m
      According to our Performance Score, Liverpool target Iago Aspas is the 5th best forward in La Liga, ahead of Falcao https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/339789278349516800/photo/1

According to this Aspas is approximately 1/2 the player Ronaldo is and 1/3 of the player Messi is.  Aspas is going for about 8 million. This means Ronaldo should be about 16 million and Messi should be about 24 million. Sign them up ;)  :f_whistle:  :lmao:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,039 posts | 3963 
      Reply #65: May 29, 2013 09:28:56 pm
      Bet our rivals arses are gone with the boss signings the club has been making and the possibility any of these acquisitions could emulate Suarez, Coutinho or Sturridge, hopefully they will.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,476 posts | 4594 
      Reply #66: May 29, 2013 09:41:33 pm
      Welcome to the club kid.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #67: May 29, 2013 10:31:44 pm
      With the way this day is going he could be our starting striker when he signs.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #68: May 29, 2013 10:36:15 pm
      So if its true that its £7.7m for him, it's a good fee. I read that if Celta Vigo went down, it would be €7m. The club bid for him in order to prevent other clubs. Clever business by Celta Vigo.

Quick Reply