Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Tony Pulis leaves Stoke City

Read 6535 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,685 posts | 3905 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Tony Pulis leaves Stoke City
      Reply #46: May 22, 2013 03:22:57 pm
      Anyone that attempts to make Stoke a passing/attacking team is going to have their work cut out.
      Half the team would have to change.

Pulis may have brought them as far as he could, but at the same time that might be as far as they can go.
      Even their youth teams played the same brand of football, so it's not like they can just promote technical youngsters.

Tough job.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #47: May 22, 2013 03:26:50 pm
      Not sure about that Daz, I read somewhere yesterday he's had the 4th highest net spend in the EPL over the last 5 years and still won bugger all.

Yeah it is a myth that Stoke worked on a shoe string budget. They pay good wages and good transfer fees to play absolute sh*t football. Stoke are one of the richer clubs in the league after the real top teams with being backed by the Coates family who all run and own bet365.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #48: May 22, 2013 04:41:20 pm
      Good riddance.

As one of Ferguson's many bum chums I hope he is the 1st of many who disappear.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #49: May 24, 2013 09:11:01 am
      Looks increasingly like Mark Hughes. I don't particularly want him back in the PL but hopefully he'll spend all their money and drag them back to the Championship.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #50: May 24, 2013 11:51:19 am
      Looks increasingly like Mark Hughes. I don't particularly want him back in the PL but hopefully he'll spend all their money and drag them back to the Championship.

Haven't Stoke got a DOF now, will the new manager just be a coach?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #51: May 24, 2013 05:06:18 pm
      Haven't Stoke got a DOF now, will the new manager just be a coach?

Their DOF was John Rudge, former Port Vale manager but it's been known for a while that he was retiring at the end of this season so I'm not sure if he's being replaced or they're dropping the role.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #52: May 26, 2013 02:27:22 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #53: May 30, 2013 05:29:52 pm
      Useless is Pulis' replacement!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #54: May 30, 2013 06:23:40 pm

Useless is better than Pulis. That managerial appointment absolutely stinks of the lack of ambition that club shows. Obvious that Peter Coates is a dinosaur.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #55: May 30, 2013 07:18:09 pm
      Good start  :laugh:

AN irate Stoke fan says he's acting for the majority of supporters by flying a banner with the words: Hughes Out.
      Carl, a season-ticket holder from Bucknall, claims up to 90 per cent of Stokies do not want to see Mark Hughes become the next manager of the club.

Carl, who doesn't want to reveal his full name, says Hughes has a worrying track record in management and that's why he and his friends forked out for the £50 banner.
      He claims many fans, including himself, would not have bought their season ticket if they had known Hughes was being lined up to take charge at the Britannia.

He says he will still support his club if Hughes is appointed, but will continue flying his flag until he is.
      "We've been parked on bridges and been getting plenty of horns of approval," said Carl.
      "If you do your research, you'll see that between 70 and 90 per cent of Stoke fans don't want him. I haven't met a Stoke fan who does. He was manager at Blackburn years ago and didn't do a bad job, but was mediocre.
      "He had all that money to spend at Manchester City and ripped the heart out of the team – and that's why they didn't get anywhere under him.
      "He went to Fulham for a season and then walked out on them. He then went to QPR, bought 13 players to make a new team and got relegated.
      "He's only a short-term manager, not a long-term manager, and doesn't have the track record to take the club forward. If he gets appointed, we will be in the bottom three by Christmas."
      Carl says he would have thought twice about relieving Tony Pulis of his duties after another near mid-table finish a fortnight ago.
      And as for an alternative to Hughes, he says there are enough out there.
      "I don't expect a flash manager, just somebody with stability. I'd rather have Martin O'Neill than Mark Hughes.
      "I was hoping Crystal Palace would lose in the play-off final because Ian Holloway would have been good for Stoke."
      The protest echoes opposition to Tony Pulis during his first season back at the Brit in 2006 when fans organised a red-card demonstration to call for his dismissal.
      In the event, Stoke signed Lee Hendrie on loan, the protest was postponed and the rest, as they say, is history ...

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Stoke-City-Fan-stages-anti-Hughes-protest-new/story-19121598-detail/story.html#axzz2UhsbXSgZ
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #56: May 30, 2013 08:29:38 pm
      Brilliant but Celery is well known to get the aul 'swimmers' going and to put lead in the pencil... maybe she's trying to tell you something?  ;D

Not wholly unrelated to the topic because Pulis looks like a flacid wab.
      F***ing well hope not BBB we've got 5 as it is :-)
      Anymore and I will be in a loony bloody bin.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #57: May 31, 2013 12:03:12 am
      The Lions should get him into the squad. Always thought he'd make a better rugby coach than a football one.

Quick Reply