Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Bellamy Autobiography, Golf Club, Riise and Jerzy Getting Bailed Out Of Jail

Read 9856 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Re: Bellamy Autobiography, Golf Club, Riise and Jerzy Getting Bailed Out Of Jail
      Reply #46: Jun 04, 2013 03:15:13 pm
      That's why I wouldn't change my office job for the world...

Hahaha some of the girls in the office I used to work in up in Southport were unreal!
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Re: Bellamy Autobiography, Golf Club, Riise and Jerzy Getting Bailed Out Of Jail
      Reply #47: Jun 04, 2013 04:07:27 pm
      Hahaha some of the girls in the office I used to work in up in Southport were unreal!

I wish I had some here.

I'm the youngest person here, and the ratio of women to lads is not that high.

Not seen a girl my age here, there's 650 working here!!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #48: Jun 04, 2013 08:31:17 pm
      Great stuff from Bellers, honest, from the heart and exactly how it is.

Nothing in their surprises you and it is as you expect but it's nice to hear your impressions are right.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #49: Jun 05, 2013 03:10:41 am
      Gold.

Craig Bellamy on... Charlie Adam

In today's final extract from his new book, Craig Bellamy tells of how he was alarmed at the beginning of his new adventure at Liverpool when he saw Charlie Adam in training for the first time.

I met Charlie a couple of times before pre-season training began, and he seemed a nice lad.

He wasn't the brightest but then footballers rarely are. I consider myself to be among the cleverer footballers around.

Charlie is a true Scot, and he loves his beer. It's all he ever talked about at the start, having had a brutal close season with a series of lads holidays abroad.

Charlie wasn't a shy lad and told the squad all about his escapades, including vomiting into the swimming pool at 2pm one afternoon.

He was a fat b***ard too, Charlie, and he could eat for Scotland.

Some of the lads called him 'Rab', after the TV comedy character Rab C Nesbitt.

The first day at training and Charlie had a 'mare. He couldn't control the ball to save his life, couldn't get his breath and kept falling over while trying to run with the ball.

Players are always judging others, never more so than on the first day - first impressions count and though some of the lads found it hilarious, most were not impressed.

"Who's this c**t?", one respected player said to me.

"I can't believe we've signed this useless c**t", said another.

While one of the club's iconic players said to me, "I'd played against him last season and I knew he was sh*te, you're gonna need to step it up this season, Craig - cos this c**t's w*nk."

Charlie didn't have the best of seasons and he was sold on to Stoke. I wish him well.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #50: Jun 05, 2013 02:06:25 pm
      Gold.

In today's final extract from his new book, Craig Bellamy tells of how he was alarmed at the beginning of his new adventure at Liverpool when he saw Charlie Adam in training for the first time.

I met Charlie a couple of times before pre-season training began, and he seemed a nice lad.

He wasn't the brightest but then footballers rarely are. I consider myself to be among the cleverer footballers around.

Charlie is a true Scot, and he loves his beer. It's all he ever talked about at the start, having had a brutal close season with a series of lads holidays abroad.

Charlie wasn't a shy lad and told the squad all about his escapades, including vomiting into the swimming pool at 2pm one afternoon.

The first day at training and Charlie had a 'mare. He couldn't control the ball to save his life, couldn't get his breath and kept falling over while trying to run with the ball.

Players are always judging others, never more so than on the first day - first impressions count and though some of the lads found it hilarious, most were not impressed.

While one of the club's iconic players said to me, "I'd played against him last season and I knew he was sh*te, you're gonna need to step it up this season, Craig - cos this c**t's w*nk."

Charlie didn't have the best of seasons and he was sold on to Stoke. I wish him well.

I read that this passage is fake.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #51: Jun 05, 2013 02:09:38 pm
      It is. Still funny.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #52: Jun 05, 2013 04:38:12 pm
      Riise said on twitter that Rafa came to his room after the incident, not the other way round.

It was very stupid of Bellars but at least he has the balls to admit he was wrong and made a mistake. I must admit I wasn't a big fan of his aggressive character before, though I did enjoy his calmer 2nd spell with us.

His views on Rafa and Dalglish are interesting too. I would love to hear a bit more about Kenny's work methods as well, cause we all know what's his personality is like.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #53: Jun 05, 2013 05:08:01 pm
      Few class articles there, love Bellers.

Interesting that it was a change of manager that confirmed his departure.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #54: Jun 05, 2013 05:29:56 pm
      Interesting hearing his words regarding Rafa. Not sure if I could work under that scrutiny for too long.
      Sgt_Hard
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts |
      Reply #55: Jun 11, 2013 12:04:29 pm
      Interesting hearing his words regarding Rafa. Not sure if I could work under that scrutiny for too long.
      It would have interesting to get Bellamy's take on Hodgson if he was still there!
      Brilliant Babbel
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 510 posts | 10 
      Reply #56: Jun 11, 2013 12:43:53 pm
      Gold.

Clearly fake, but still funny nonetheless  :D
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #57: Jun 11, 2013 06:35:02 pm
       Bought this on the ipad a couple of days ago and have nearly finished it. Cracking read, although most of the best bits have been released already. Craig is very much a true red, and he couldn't possibly speak higher of Stevie and Carra. Even Sounness who he fell out with gets spared any serious criticism. He's not really a fan of Rafa, but that happens sometimes  :f_tongueincheek: 
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #58: Jun 11, 2013 07:21:02 pm
      Bought the book yesterday in Waterstones. Paid the full amount simply as its for charity, otherwise would have bought it online. Only rad first few chapters but so far a good read and haven't even got to most interesting parts.
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #59: Jun 12, 2013 10:32:08 pm
      Be interested to hear what he says about Sir Bobby Robson, always seemed like a man players would love to play for and I always like to hear about the training ground routines/styles different managers have.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #60: Jun 13, 2013 05:31:31 pm
      Few class articles there, love Bellers.

Interesting that it was a change of manager that confirmed his departure.

Interesting indeed. He does make it quite clear in his book though that not only was Brendans appointment not in any way the reason for him leaving (It was mainly because he was divorcing from his wife and wanted to be near his kids) but he also says he was hugely impressed by Brendan as a man. It seems from reading the book that the only reason he took so long to finally decide was that Brendan made a good impression on him. Also, the boss did actually make it quite clear that he wanted Craig to stay.

As far as Bobby Robson is concerned, he devotes a whole chapter to saying that he was the best manager that he ever worked with and how much he loved him. He simply cannot say enough good things about Bobby. Infact, he is pretty complimentary about nearly everyone. Only Bobby Gould for Wales and the odd other person here and there weren't his cup of tea at all.

Great book though, and Bellers went up in my estimations even more having read it.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #61: Jun 13, 2013 07:33:14 pm
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #62: Jun 13, 2013 10:18:43 pm
      My lads got me the book for fathers day and i can't wait to get tucked in to it .
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #63: Jun 14, 2013 09:02:24 pm
      Just finished it. Polished it off in two days.

What an awesome character he is. Can't help but love him. He is the kind of man I respect. His attitude is first class and to see this side of him was great.

YNWA Bellers. Top class.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #64: Jun 14, 2013 09:32:39 pm
      Just finished it. Polished it off in two days.

What an awesome character he is. Can't help but love him. He is the kind of man I respect. His attitude is first class and to see this side of him was great.

YNWA Bellers. Top class.

Agree mate, absolute pleasure to read. I've had to put it down for a bit to get on with other things but from what I have read, my opinion on Craig hasn't altered. Okay, if anything it has made me think of him even higher than I already did.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #65: Jun 14, 2013 10:01:22 pm
      Bit cunty what he did to Riise. He wouldn't have done that to Stevie or Carra would he?

The rest is funny as F**k. Jerzy getting nicked hahaha.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #66: Jun 14, 2013 10:18:15 pm
      Bit cunty what he did to Riise. He wouldn't have done that to Stevie or Carra would he?

The rest is funny as F**k. Jerzy getting nicked hahaha.

Yeah but i doubt Stevie or Carra would be a F***ing pest like 'Ginge' seemed to be. Seemed to give what he got, Bellars.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #67: Jun 14, 2013 10:31:38 pm
      Yeah but i doubt Stevie or Carra would be a f**king pest like 'Ginge' seemed to be. Seemed to give what he got, Bellars.

Pick on the annoying less popular kids eh...

I love Bellers, but I imagine he could be a pain in the arse at times.,
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #68: Jun 14, 2013 10:36:00 pm
      Yeah but i doubt Stevie or Carra would be a F***ing pest like 'Ginge' seemed to be. Seemed to give what he got, Bellars.
      He was a team mate and no call for that sh*t from Bellars , Riise gave us some awsome times remember . I like Bellars as much as the rest of ye but he was a bellend to have done it to Gingie .

Quick Reply