Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Daniel Agger (Barcelona / Monaco)

Read 16152 times
      NelisLFC
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 19 posts |
      Daniel Agger (Barcelona / Monaco)
      Jun 04, 2013 10:31:07 am
      Apparently Monaco's next target is Daniel Agger. Really hoping he won't go.

« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2013 11:32:36 am by JD »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Re: Daniel Agger (Monaco)
      Reply #1: Jun 04, 2013 12:30:35 pm
      Transfer Rumors 2013 ā€“ Monaco Trying to Sign Daniel Agger

If anyone thought that after spending over ā‚¬130 million this summer alone, AS Monaco would take it easy in the transfer market. Guess again, as it seems the newly promoted side with no league to play in yet is going after Daniel Agger of Liverpool.

According to the Lā€™Eqipue, Agger is the next name on the list for the Ligue 2 champions who are hoping to eventually get themselves accepted into Ligue 1 despite all the financial disagreements, after already adding Falcao, James Rodriguez, Joao Moutinho, Ricardo Carvalho  and Nicolas Isimat-Mirin, even though Agger has shown over the last couple of seasons he has no interest in leaving Anfield.

Manchester City and other teams were very interested in signing him last year, but instead Agger got himself a Liverpool tattoo and extended his deal with the club, keeping him on until 2016. He didnā€™t have the best of seasons in 2012-2013, as the changes next to him at the centre back position and generally all around the defense werenā€™t that productive, but his ability to remain healthy over the last couple of season has been a stand out compared to the rest of his career, not to mention usually displaying quite impressive ability as both a stopper and as someone who can build up attacks from the back.

Monaco will probably have to depart from at least Ā£15-20 million in order to sign him, possibly even more, as an offer of the same magnitude from Manchester City was turned down last season. Playing in the French league for a rich club might be an incentive in terms of salary, but Agger isnā€™t exactly getting fed breadcrumbs at Anfield, and playing in the Premier League, even without Europe, is usually a better option in the eyes of most players.

Still, it seems Monaco are here to stay, at least for the time being. Looking just as persistent and dominating in the market as PSG began their ascent with a couple of years ago, it seems no player is ā€œsafeā€ from their attention, making offers teams, players and managers seem very hard to refuse.

Appeared in Sporten.de
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #2: Jun 04, 2013 12:36:27 pm
      I think LFC will take a lot less than Ā£25M given his injury problems.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #3: Jun 04, 2013 12:46:27 pm
      If it wasn't for the fact we'd have to sign yet another central defender if we sold Agger then I'd consider this.

I have been disappointed with Agger at times. West Brom, Aston Villa, United all games he cost us a goal or two by being bullied or losing concentration.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,507 posts | 2871 
      Reply #4: Jun 04, 2013 12:56:04 pm
      If it wasn't for the fact we'd have to sign yet another central defender if we sold Agger then I'd consider this.

This.

If it was just Agger out and another one in, I would take a good bid from Monaco everyday of the week.
      Red-Shift
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #5: Jun 04, 2013 12:56:41 pm
      Don't believe he will leave and here's why:

1) will Brendan let him leave? He may of been shakey at times this season but he fits the role of CB for our system perfectly

2) replacing Carra will be hard enough. Does anyone really think we will competely rebuild our defence? Keeping agger is a must

3) he genuinely loves this club. Went nowhere last summer after big offers from clubs MUCH bigger than Monoco. Can't see him changing his stance now

I think LFC will take a lot less than Ā£25M given his injury problems.

I disagree, with the amount of outgoings from our defence it would take a large offer for us to consider letting Agger go. He may not be worth 25 mil but in these circumstances we should be valuing him at that
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #6: Jun 04, 2013 12:59:48 pm
      This.

If it was just Agger out and another one in, I would take a good bid from Monaco everyday of the week.

Agger that sh*t??... I must have missed summat...lolol

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6822 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7: Jun 04, 2013 01:00:39 pm
      Got through last season OK JD, did he miss a match??

Can't remember his missing one, myself mate. If he was to go and again I hope he doesn't, might need to take the medicos with him as they are the ones who have kept on the pitch all season. 50 million for the lot of F**k off ya rich cu*ts.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #8: Jun 04, 2013 01:01:48 pm
      "and playing in the Premier League, even without Europe, is usually a better option in the eyes of most players." They make it out as though Monaco are going to be in Europe next season.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #9: Jun 04, 2013 01:02:05 pm
      Hard to get good defenders these days. Wouldn't turn down 25 million though.  Any less than that isn't worth the trouble.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #10: Jun 04, 2013 01:30:09 pm
      When Agger put an end to the speculation about his future last summer by tattooing YNWA on his knuckles, I was blown away at his commitment.

Fantastic player, and absolutely adores the club. I think he wants to stay for life and I never want the club to try and get rid of a player like that.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5043 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #11: Jun 04, 2013 01:40:40 pm
      Would hate to lose Daniel, and evey player does have his price, however i would doubt very much Brendan would totally strip out the two CB positions in one swoop, we will already be without Carra who is irreplacable IMO, but losing Daniel aswell could prove too much, having to blood two new players in such important positions, can't see it myself but, never say never in this game.

IBWT      YNWA     JFT96

harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #12: Jun 04, 2013 01:53:57 pm
      When Agger put an end to the speculation about his future last summer by tattooing YNWA on his knuckles, I was blown away at his commitment.

Fantastic player, and absolutely adores the club. I think he wants to stay for life and I never want the club to try and get rid of a player like that.

THIS!!  He is one of the most committed players to pull on the Red shirt and we need to keep him.  He will perform better next season when Lucas returns to full form/fitness!!
      Adam_Gibson8
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 290 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #13: Jun 04, 2013 02:07:18 pm
      No chance Agger is a scouser!
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #14: Jun 04, 2013 02:50:30 pm
      One of the best ball-playing center backs in the world. Obviously in love with the club, showed his commitment in last year's transfer window. I think he did struggle at some points this season, but I think he's got a lot to offer and he's the best center back we have in the squad, should do our best not to lose him.

Over Ā£20m would be a lot of money for a center back though. But still don't think I would want to hear offers for him. If we get loyalty from quality players and then just sell them off when big money comes in, how can we honestly be expecting loyalty from any of our players at any times?

It's a shame a massive money club like Monaco want him and not Downing though.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,432 posts | 6423 
      Reply #15: Jun 04, 2013 04:25:46 pm
      Had a rough stretch but seemed to pull it together once paired with Carra again. Personally don't believe there is any way he isn't a red next season.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #16: Jun 04, 2013 04:36:45 pm
      Out of all the CB's we have Danny should be the last one to be sold.  Holds the Club in very high esteem, loves the City, loves the people, loves being a Liverpool player.  He's also proved he's good enough and at 29 is just about coming into his peak.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #17: Jun 04, 2013 04:46:09 pm
      Just get a new tattoo Danny and put this rumour to bed there's a good lad.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #18: Jun 04, 2013 05:10:19 pm
      Give them Skrtel instead
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,492 posts | 8676 
      Reply #19: Jun 04, 2013 09:54:21 pm
      F***ing hell we letting all of our centre-backs from last season go.

Coates will be a runners-up prize in a lottery by the looks of it!!

andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #20: Jun 05, 2013 07:50:55 am
      F**k Off Monaco you can have Martin & Seb for 25mill instead..

One of the best centre backs in the league.
      Love Danny to bits proper down to earth lad too
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #21: Aug 01, 2013 10:41:02 pm
      Just to carry on the topic of doom and gloom... :P

Liverpool defender Daniel Agger linked with Barcelona move
      ā€¢ Agger's agent contacted by representative of La Liga club
      ā€¢ BarƧa and Manchester City have previously shown interest

Andy Hunter

Daniel Agger has been linked with a move to Barcelona for a second successive summer after an approach was made to the Liverpool defender's agent, Per Steffensen.

Steffensen is understood to have been contacted by an agent claiming to represent the Spanish champions, rather than by Barcelona themselves, and Liverpool have not received any approaches for the Denmark international.

The Anfield club are unlikely to welcome a move for the influential 28-year-old, with Jamie Carragher having retired, Martin Skrtel's future in doubt and SebastiƔn Coates having failed to convince the manager Brendan Rodgers.

Agger was the subject of firm interest from Barcelona and Manchester City last summer but signed a new long-term contract with Liverpool in October.

The Liverpool and England Under-21 left-back Jack Robinson, meanwhile, has joined Paul Ince's Blackpool on a season-long loan.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/01/liverpool-daniel-agger-barcelona?CMP=twt_gu
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #22: Aug 01, 2013 10:46:19 pm
      Out of all the CB's we have Danny should be the last one to be sold.  Holds the Club in very high esteem, loves the City, loves the people, loves being a Liverpool player.  He's also proved he's good enough and at 29 is just about coming into his peak.
      that's why they'd get rid of him debs,he doesn't fit their age criteria so they'll sell him now and get him off the wage you know the story .

Quick Reply