Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Daniel Agger (Barcelona / Monaco)

Read 16153 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Re: Daniel Agger (Barcelona / Monaco)
      Reply #115: Aug 09, 2013 07:50:58 pm
      Congrats Dagger on the vice captincy. I assume he and rodgers had a conversation where each confirmed they were not interested in Danny leaving the club and then Brendan offered him the VC role.

Good news good news!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #116: Aug 09, 2013 11:56:01 pm
      Great news this.

I wanted Lucas but am equally pleased it's Agger.

Great player and one I would have been livid with the club if we sold him so even better that he is staying and named VP.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6822 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #117: Aug 10, 2013 12:02:01 am
      Great news this.

I wanted Lucas but am equally pleased it's Agger.

Great player and one I would have been livid with the club if we sold him so even better that he is staying and named VP.

He's been named as Vice President as well Si? Fantastic.  ;)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #118: Aug 10, 2013 12:05:52 am
      He's been named as Vice President as well Si? Fantastic.  ;)

;D

My typing has been sh*te for a while now mate!

Sorry all. :D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5044 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #119: Aug 10, 2013 12:41:20 am
      It says a helluva lot if Barca are interested in our Danny, that is reason enough for us to keep hold and tell all to f***in do one, like Debs says we're building a side not diminishing,

No amount of money offered should be entertained , just like Suarez selling Agger now would leave no time for adequate replacement, personally I would go further and issue a hands off to any player at LFC, unless surplus,

CL is coming peeps so the more high profile players we have the more attractive it will be for further top quality individuals,
      YNWA
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #120: Aug 10, 2013 03:50:16 am
      Think we can lock it up, no way he's going.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #121: Aug 11, 2013 09:35:05 pm
      Think we can lock it up, no way he's going.

Not so sure. Tony Barrett saying he's open to a move to Barca somebody just told me. *rushes to Tony Barrett's Twitter account....*
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      Reply #122: Aug 11, 2013 09:38:22 pm
      Looking for the source this has come from, nothing on Barrett's twitter.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #123: Aug 11, 2013 09:45:58 pm
      Looking for the source this has come from, nothing on Barrett's twitter.
      I don't think Dagger would pull the plug on us so late in the Transfer window Wahs , well I hope he wouldn't anyway , it would be a hard one to take if he did , I view him differently than other players we have , Lucas and himself would be high in my affections .
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #124: Aug 11, 2013 09:51:40 pm
      I don't think Dagger would pull the plug on us so late in the Transfer window Wahs , well I hope he wouldn't anyway , it would be a hard one to take if he did , I view him differently than other players we have , Lucas and himself would be high in my affections .

Hope you're right bigears - that would be "beyond the pale".
      DaveMac82
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts |
      Reply #125: Aug 11, 2013 09:51:59 pm
      Just tweeted him this:

@TonyBarretTimes What's all this sh*t about Agger being open to a move to Barca Tony, I've been told its come from you. Can you clarify?

Will post if he gives me a reply.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #126: Aug 11, 2013 09:58:41 pm
      Just tweeted him this:

@TonyBarretTimes What's all this sh*t about Agger being open to a move to Barca Tony, I've been told its come from you. Can you clarify?

Will post if he gives me a reply.
      Nice one mate , i'm not on the twitter myself as it gives me a headache when I hear all the talk of the ITK's through our own forum .
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      Reply #127: Aug 11, 2013 10:01:32 pm
      Apparently it's his agent who has said it but hopefully, judging by the way we have just give him the vice captaincy, I'd hope he is not for sale and our position is clear, but who knows.

Smokescreens, mirrors, bullshit and all that.
      DaveMac82
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts |
      Reply #128: Aug 11, 2013 10:02:19 pm
      Nice one mate , i'm not on the twitter myself as it gives me a headache when I hear all the talk of the ITK's through our own forum .

I don't take any notice of nobodies who are apparently ITK, but people like Tony Barrett along with a few others like Chris Basacombe normally tweet information that is close to the mark. There's one apparent ITK Journalist on there called @IndyKalia & I've come to realise that he's a joke, must just sit in his bedroom all day making sh*t up!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #129: Aug 11, 2013 10:02:41 pm
      Apparently it's his agent who has said it but hopefully, judging by the way we have just give him the vice captaincy, I'd hope he is not for sale and our position is clear, but who knows.

Smokescreens, mirrors, bullshit and all that.

The only thing I seem to recall from barrett on the issue was that Barca had offered £14-£17m and we were prepared to sell for £25m if this interested Agger wasn't mentioned I believe.

LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #130: Aug 11, 2013 10:06:16 pm
      Apparently it's his agent who has said it

Cancers. Money grabbing cancers.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #131: Aug 11, 2013 10:11:46 pm
      There's one apparent ITK Journalist on there called @IndyKalia & I've come to realise that he's a joke, must just sit in his bedroom all day making sh*t up!
      I've heard of him or her , supposedly worked for the Beeb and turned out to be bollocks .
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #132: Aug 11, 2013 10:12:07 pm
      Hell, the owners have shown s**t interest to bring in some quality signings. I wouldnt blame him for leaving althought i would be really pissed up with this summer transfer window . Just hope we dont loose Suarez and he comes to his sences and keep Agger.

He has said he doesnt want to leave and has YNWA tatoed on his knuckles....   BLOODY HELL!!!
      Agger represents a huge part of this team!
      Tired of all this b******t
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      Reply #133: Aug 11, 2013 10:13:01 pm
      Think he's going with it in The Times according to our old mate corballyred and I've read that Barrett has said we are due to sign (can't quite remember the name) Siquiero the left back in next few days.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #134: Aug 11, 2013 10:15:29 pm
      Think he's going with it in The Times according to our old mate corballyred and I've read that Barrett has said we are due to sign (can't quite remember the name) Siquiero the left back in next few days.

Actually miss Corbs, people slagged him left, right and centre but was a good alternative and often decent view point. Hope we siquiera over cissokho, makes much more sense and a big upgrade on him or Enrique, would be very happy with that piece of business personally.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #135: Aug 11, 2013 10:16:28 pm
      Here's the stuff you're on about mate:

Steffersen, Agger's agent: "It would be up to the clubs to agree a fee for Daniel Agger transfer."

Barrett: Per Steffersen, Agger's agent confirmed that his client would be open to a move to the Nou Camp.

People slagging the owners on this one might want to take a moment to think about it because while Dagger has always shown his love and loyalty to us, he has never denied his other love is Barca. I would have no problem with him leaving if he wanted to, he is another player who deserves CL footy and has given us plenty and if he left for £25m we couldn't do anything but thank him and wish to see him again.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #136: Aug 11, 2013 10:20:12 pm
      Here's the stuff you're on about mate:

Steffersen, Agger's agent: "It would be up to the clubs to agree a fee for Daniel Agger transfer."

Barrett: Per Steffersen, Agger's agent confirmed that his client would be open to a move to the Nou Camp.

People slagging the owners on this one might want to take a moment to think about it because while Dagger has always shown his love and loyalty to us, he has never denied his other love is Barca. I would have no problem with him leaving if he wanted to, he is another player who deserves CL footy and has given us plenty and if he left for £25m we couldn't do anything but thank him and wish to see him again.
      If he was to go Luke then it would be another nail in the owners coffin in my view .
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #137: Aug 11, 2013 10:24:30 pm
      If he was to go Luke then it would be another nail in the owners coffin in my view .

I get where you're coming from, would be a nail in their coffin for lack of ambition last year, this year, or both?

If these players saw ambition and quality coming in they sure as hell wouldn't want away, but we have to understand that Real / Barca are a couple of levels above where we are at the moment and when you're at the peak of your career you should want to be at the best level.

I actually agree with the players who want to better themselves, those that move purely for money, I have no time for that at all.

So I see your point, but if that £25m was given to Brendan I'd have no problem with the owners over this, part of the problem could also be that we don't have an attractive manager to play for (no I don't mean put Linda in charge) in the 'big name' sense so we're struggling on all fronts to create that draw to the club. Could also be why they're talking about re-installing Kenny as an ambassador, but then again I see that more as a corporate glad hander and I'd hope Kenny tells 'em where to shove it!

Quick Reply