Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Daniel Agger (Barcelona / Monaco)

Read 16155 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,725 posts | 7164 
      Re: Daniel Agger (Barcelona / Monaco)
      Reply #161: Aug 12, 2013 05:59:20 pm
      I think the press are enjoying seeing this club squirm and take great delight at sticking the knife in when ever they can.
      redcraig
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts | 14 
      Reply #162: Aug 12, 2013 06:21:11 pm
      As most people have said, it would be crazy to get rid of carra, pepe possibly skrtel and agger. In fact it would be suicide.
      As we are finding out just now, replacing any of our good players with better quality is virtually impossible particularly when the money isn't there to offer huge wages and transfer fees. To lose Agger would make a mockery of the supposed year on year progress we are aiming for. 
      Players careers only last a finite length of time so trying to persuade someone of a really good standard who is already playing at a high level to join Liverpool when we can't offer European football or a realistic chance of winning the league or top 4 then it reduces those that would be interested. Being steeped in history will only get us so far when a player only has a limited amount of time to achieve success.

Then you are left looking at lesser quality with potential.

And I for one dont want to lose Agger and replace him with Ashley Williams!!
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #163: Aug 12, 2013 06:27:24 pm
      I can't see him going.

I think the decision must come down to Brendan, and I just can't see how the gaffer could possibly think losing 2 or 3 of our first team defenders is going to have a positive impact on our defensive record. Just don't see him sanctioning it, and we are not in need of balancing books so you have to hope Henry and FSG don't see the dollar signs if Barca do put a bid of around 25m in.

Another cirumstance I'd perhaps think differently. 25m for a 28 year old isn't bad, but there's been enough upheavel at the back this year, so at this time it just does not make sense to sell, particularly when we know Danny is fully committed and passionate about this club.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #164: Aug 12, 2013 06:29:20 pm
      Can see Agger pushing for a move if Barcelona come close to a £20m offer. He might love Liverpool but the chance to play for this current Barcelona team doesn't come around too often for ambitious players. Imagine if this time next year Barcelona have Reina, Agger and Mascherano while Real Madrid have Alonso, Suarez and Arbeloa.

We'll be crying into our pints.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #165: Aug 12, 2013 06:53:10 pm
      Agger wont be going anywhere, he loves the club and has been made vice captain.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #166: Aug 12, 2013 07:08:48 pm
      Am I the only one who's not worried about this one bit? I don't see this move happening at all, and not this late in the window.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #167: Aug 12, 2013 07:29:28 pm
      Am I the only one who's not worried about this one bit? I don't see this move happening at all, and not this late in the window.

No, I'm pretty cool about it not happening mate  8)
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #168: Aug 12, 2013 07:57:05 pm
      Don't go Daniel ... Barca are on a downslope :)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #169: Aug 12, 2013 08:01:00 pm
      Don't go Daniel ... Barca are on a downslope :)

I wish we could comfortably win the league, then sign a quality player like Neymar for mega money and be considered on a downslope :D
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #170: Aug 12, 2013 08:05:00 pm
      I wish we could comfortably win the league, then sign a quality player like Neymar for mega money and be considered on a downslope :D

New manager and all there though, we know how unsettling that can be.   For Messi, Fabregas, Neymar.... argh, the arguement weakens....
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #171: Aug 12, 2013 10:56:30 pm
      I think the press are enjoying seeing this club squirm and take great delight at sticking the knife in when ever they can.

This all day long !
      RedCanuck
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts |
      Reply #172: Aug 12, 2013 11:31:13 pm

Agreed, but the press love going after LFC because the following is so passionate, unlike any other club in the world!!  They know if they stir the pot with us they'll always get a reaction that sells papers!  Perhaps if we were a little less reactive to clear bullshit they'd move on to greener pastures! Just a thought...
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #173: Aug 13, 2013 12:38:35 am
      Yep.

I wouldn't sell him for £100M.

And before ayone says that's ridiculous I've said before that there comes a time when keeping players is much more important than money and a player rated highly by the manager and just made Vice Captain is simply not for sale at any price.
      Agree 100%.  You need a player who is not just a gifted back and defender but is a physical presence and a guy who absolutely takes no sh*t and protects his teammates. Everytime their is a cheap hit or poor tackle on one of our players, Agger is right in the players face. I like that. I like his attitude. We need his aggression on the pitch.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,528 posts | 3466 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #174: Aug 13, 2013 10:20:41 am
      Gerardo Martino has told Barcelona that the hunt for a new CB is not urgent (which is possible one of the most stupid ideas of the whole summer) so looks like Danny will be staying put
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #175: Aug 25, 2013 12:00:42 am
      The Mirror claim that Barcelona are about to bid £10 million for Agger.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-barcelona-eye-2217161

Yeah, they can get to F**k. £10 million? Try £25 million before i'd consider it. Most likely to be bullshit. Surely can't be serous tho.
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #176: Aug 25, 2013 11:52:36 am
      The Mirror claim that Barcelona are about to bid £10 million for Agger.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-barcelona-eye-2217161

Yeah, they can get to f**k. £10 million? Try £25 million before i'd consider it. Most likely to be bullshit. Surely can't be serous tho.

Don't think we can afford to lose Agger at any price.
       They'll not replace him, 'cos it's too late, don't ya know!  :f_whistle:

Quick Reply