Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Pedro Chirivella (Valencia)

Read 15842 times
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Pedro Chirivella (Valencia)
      Jun 09, 2013 11:32:00 am
      Apparently this lad is ' described as most naturally blessed talent in Los Che (Valencia) academy in a decade'... I dont think anyone saw this coming - and to be honest I have no idea about this lad - but for the reported £8Million I am amazed as he is 16 - and I doubt a first team player!

Anyone know anything about this guy..?

Pedro Chirivella set to join Liverpool

VALENCIA. It will be difficult to change his mind and stay at Valencia CF but Amadeo Except employed several hours of his first day as president of the club, to meet with the club footballer Peter Chirivella cadet.

The meeting was right after Miroslav Djukic was introduced as the new coach of the club and ensure publicly that "the homegrown should know that they will have opportunities, I will give them but they are the ones who earn the site".

Except Amadeo footballer exposed him, his family and his agents, Alberto and Lorenzo Toldrá, its intention that the player can continue playing in the Mestalla club. He explained that his bet on the quarry project and if it continues at the Valencia have options to play in the first team.

However, as he assured PlazaDeportiva.com valencianista school supplies boy's decision is taken and passes through Valencia to leave the Premier League, particularly at Liverpool.

One of the school leaders Paterna assured this newspaper that "the player will have tried phenomenally well, we have care as anyone and we thought we would not go, but a few weeks ago they said they were going because the offer was irresistible and it was a decision already made. "

Apparently Liverpool offers 300,000 euros per season and five years of contract and the chance to study in one of the best schools in England. Encouragement have apparently caused the family of Peter Chirivella along with the player already had decided to leave. Something that nearly put months ago when Barcelona and Valencia tried to sign him a major contract making him react.

Except night said after the meeting in Valencia Alzira a rock, that "the decision was to take the boy."

Link
      « Last Edit: Sep 30, 2013 02:26:24 pm by JD »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Pedro Chirivella
      Reply #1: Jun 09, 2013 12:01:12 pm
      Apparently this lad is ' described as most naturally blessed talent in Los Che (Valencia) academy in a decade'... I dont think anyone saw this coming - and to be honest I have no idea about this lad - but for the reported £8Million I am amazed as he is 16 - and I doubt a first team player!

Anyone know anything about this guy..?
      Why what has happened? Have we signed him? Have you any links to this 'story'?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #2: Jun 09, 2013 12:01:19 pm
      PM me a source and I'll re-open the thread for you.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #3: Jun 09, 2013 04:47:19 pm
      Re-opened, source added.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Re: Pedro Chirivella (Valencia)
      Reply #4: Jun 09, 2013 05:12:23 pm
      We're going to be world beaters in 10 years.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #5: Jun 09, 2013 05:29:02 pm
      We're going to be world beaters in 10 years.

So we've pretty much signed a very, very good youngster, and that's all you can come up with?

I guess the title I gave you is very inaccurate. Enjoy it, won't you? :)
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #6: Jun 09, 2013 05:33:12 pm
      So we've pretty much signed a very, very good youngster, and that's all you can come up with?

That's what they said about Pacheco.  How'd that turn out?  he was almost exactly the same age, came with even more hype, etc. 

Oh but this time will be different, right?  for sure it will be different!  because... well because we're a work in progress, and because Lucas, and because, you know, just support us.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #7: Jun 09, 2013 05:36:08 pm
      So does anyone know about this lad..?

I agree, we are signing some top young players, but only about 10% will make it through if that and really we need players now who can come into the team, not come in at a high price and play in the U21's...
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #8: Jun 09, 2013 05:37:31 pm

I agree, we are signing some top young players, but only about 10% will make it through if that and really we need players now who can come into the team, not come in at a high price and play in the U21's...
      He's Spain U16s captain and we've beaten Barca to his signature. That's about it.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #9: Jun 09, 2013 05:39:54 pm
      Federer can I bring you home and lock you in my cupboard and only let you out to bum the living daylights out of you when i get those gay thoughts I normally get when eating a Banana ?
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #10: Jun 09, 2013 05:44:20 pm

Exactly.  Also, the rules on buying players from academies are not as stringent as the first-team transfers, so why is he spending time doing this this summer when it could basically be done anytime during the year?

Our problem right now is not the Academy, it's not even the "squad," it's the FIRST F***ing ELEVEN. 

Nah, let's go buy some kid from Sevilla. 

Rodgers: "Hey Luis, we really want you to stay, we're seriously an ambitious club, to prove it to you, I've bought a kid from Sevilla who can't even drive yet, but in ten years, when you're getting ready to retire, he'll be something special, doncha know!"

yea I'm sure that'll really go down well.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #11: Jun 09, 2013 05:51:49 pm
      Exactly.  Also, the rules on buying players from academies are not as stringent as the first-team transfers, so why is he spending time doing this this summer when it could basically be done anytime during the year?

Our problem right now is not the Academy, it's not even the "squad," it's the FIRST F***ing ELEVEN. 

Nah, let's go buy some kid from Sevilla. 

Rodgers: "Hey Luis, we really want you to stay, we're seriously an ambitious club, to prove it to you, I've bought a kid from Sevilla who can't even drive yet, but in ten years, when you're getting ready to retire, he'll be something special, doncha know!"

yea I'm sure that'll really go down well.

I agree with the first 11 argument - however your conversations are a touch odd...

Still, this shows a lack of ambition, we need to sign first team players - I hope this kid is amazing, but I dont see how he can improve the team now..!
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #12: Jun 09, 2013 05:59:37 pm
      Still, this shows a lack of ambition, we need to sign first team players - I hope this kid is amazing, but I dont see how he can improve the team now..!

99% sure Rodgers isn't signing him to improve the team now, that would be proof that Rodgers has totally lost the plot.

The point is he is prioritizing signing kids when, as you said, we need to sign first team players. 
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #13: Jun 09, 2013 06:18:37 pm
      99% sure Rodgers isn't signing him to improve the team now, that would be proof that Rodgers has totally lost the plot.

The point is he is prioritizing signing kids when, as you said, we need to sign first team players. 

No, the point is to sign players who will continue to make us better year on year.  Many of our first team players (Kelly, Wisdom, Shelvey, Hendo, Allen, Suso, Sterling, Coutinho, and Sturridge) are all still young and will continue to improve with age and experience.  However, it is also very important to keep a steady line of talented younger players coming through the ranks in order to keep the regular 1st team players on their toes. 

That's what they said about Pacheco.  How'd that turn out?  he was almost exactly the same age, came with even more hype, etc. 

Oh but this time will be different, right?  for sure it will be different!  because... well because we're a work in progress, and because Lucas, and because, you know, just support us.

Most signings like this don't turn out to be world beaters.  However, many become decent squad players, and some do go on to become world beaters.  Perhaps we will look back on this kid in a few years and think "what a masterstroke that was by BR!!"

See, you're not the only one who can make up imaginary quotes based on hypothetical situations ;)
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #14: Jun 09, 2013 06:25:37 pm
      No, the point is to sign players who will continue to make us better year on year.  Many of our first team players (Kelly, Wisdom, Shelvey, Hendo, Allen, Suso, Sterling, Coutinho, and Sturridge) are all still young and will continue to improve with age and experience.  However, it is also very important to keep a steady line of talented younger players coming through the ranks in order to keep the regular 1st team players on their toes. 

Most signings like this don't turn out to be world beaters.  However, many become decent squad players, and some do go on to become world beaters.  Perhaps we will look back on this kid in a few years and think "what a masterstroke that was by BR!!"

See, you're not the only one who can make up imaginary quotes based on hypothetical situations ;)

Enjoyed this post on the whole mate, but the problem is:

Many of our first team players (Kelly, Wisdom, Shelvey, Hendo, Allen, Suso, Sterling, Coutinho, and Sturridge) are all still young and will continue to improve with age and experience. 

We don't absolutely know that about any of those players.  Coutinho has the best chance because he's got skills that don't just disappear when form is poor.  Kelly is seemingly permanently injured.  Wisdom I like and could have a bright future.  Shelvey might be sold this summer.  Hendo is poor.  Allen, we're only hoping he will get better.  Suso, jury's still out, but he's got time on his side.  Sterling is a keeper.  Sturridge is fantastic on his day but blows hot and cold.

Point being, with a lot of them, it's hit or miss.  The only ones that we can be anything remotely close to absolutely sure will be able to contribute are Coutinho, Sterling, and Wisdom.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #15: Jun 09, 2013 06:48:26 pm

Boy you must be fun at parties.
      instride01
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #16: Jun 09, 2013 06:49:56 pm
      Didn't we struggle last year in sending some of our young guys on the fringes of the first team out on loan deals?  I seem to recall an academy interview with Rodolfo, McParland and Inglethorpe discussing that issue.  We need to continually fill the base to allow us the opportunity to send out those guys that are not quite ready to contribute regularly with the first team and gain some experience.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #17: Jun 09, 2013 07:27:55 pm
      Boy you must be fun at parties.

Parties will be a lot more fun for everyone if we start winning.

In order to do that we have to stop buying awful players.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #18: Jun 09, 2013 07:42:34 pm
      Da..da..da..da

Another thread bites the dust

Nice one Feds
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #19: Jun 09, 2013 07:45:22 pm
      You know what, obviously it's not my forum, but maybe as a suggestion to the transfer forum we could create a sub-forum for Academy transfers?  it just seems a bit strange to discuss them with the transfers that (presumably) are going to be going into the first team.  First off, the Academy transfers aren't even being bought for the same reasons, secondly few people know much about them, whereas, for example, a lot of people have seen Papadopoulos, Eriksen and Mkhitaryan.

Just an idea.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #20: Jun 09, 2013 07:48:41 pm

For every Iniesta there are tons of Fran Meridas. A clever guy like you surely know that. Stop being a dick just for the sake of it. You're not that stupid.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #21: Jun 09, 2013 07:53:38 pm
      Please stop quoting the troll.
      Maybe quote him but clear the quote box.

He is a Shameless WUM.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #22: Jun 09, 2013 07:53:40 pm
      You know what, obviously it's not my forum, but maybe as a suggestion to the transfer forum we could create a sub-forum for Academy transfers?  it just seems a bit strange to discuss them with the transfers that (presumably) are going to be going into the first team.  First off, the Academy transfers aren't even being bought for the same reasons, secondly few people know much about them, whereas, for example, a lot of people have seen Papadopoulos, Eriksen and Mkhitaryan.

Just an idea.

Nah, as few forums as possible to prevent clutter is the way forward.

I'm sure that a separate forum could/would be created if it'd be utilised, but there aren't nearly enough threads or as much interest as would be needed to create a separate sub-forum.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #23: Jun 09, 2013 09:26:51 pm

This!

Quoting him in order to tell him he's a pr**k only brings his inane drivel to the attention of those sensible enough to block him.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #24: Jun 09, 2013 09:40:10 pm
      Quoting him in order to tell him he's a pr**k only brings his inane drivel to the attention of those sensible enough to block him.

I would hate to see what you consider worthwhile opinion if you think "we need to focus on improving the first XI" is "inane drivel."
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #25: Jun 09, 2013 09:54:25 pm
      He can't see your posts Federer, he like most people on this forum have you on ignore. Now it's my turn.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #26: Jun 09, 2013 10:12:13 pm
      He can't see your posts Federer, he like most people on this forum have you on ignore. Now it's my turn.

And me..

First and only time I've used it
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #27: Jun 09, 2013 10:14:16 pm

Basically my approach is as follows:

1) we have too many players that aren't good enough
      2) we need to stop wasting money on players who have proven nothing
      3) we need to focus on improving the starting XI, not just the players on the bench

I don't really see how any of that is controversial, let alone controversial enough you would feel the need to put someone on ignore. 

but, to each his own.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #28: Jun 09, 2013 10:28:18 pm
      F***ing boo.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #29: Jun 09, 2013 11:34:58 pm
      Maybe Borrell has had some input into this deal if its happening?.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #30: Jun 09, 2013 11:46:53 pm
      To be fair to Federer he has a point. We supposedly havent a huge wad of cash but were going to spend 8 million on a kid from Spain? Why? We dont need that we need to get it in players to improve our first team now this kid wont do that.

Gladly sign him at that price if we sign our prime targets first but a waste of 8 million in my view unless its spare. Great comparison made with Pacheco but he cost fooking nothing like 8 miilion and turned out not to be what we hoped.

Those having a go at federer ask yourself this if we sign this boy then miss out on a top signing because we were short on funds will you blame the board for wasting money or applaud them on signing what might be a great player in 4 years? Be honest
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #31: Jun 09, 2013 11:48:22 pm
      Hold the phone Feds, he's F***ing 16 yrs old and you're writing him off!

Messi was 16 at one stage, who knew he'd turn out the way he has.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #32: Jun 09, 2013 11:55:53 pm
      Hold the phone Feds, he's f**king 16 yrs old and you're writing him off!

Messi was 16 at one stage, who knew he'd turn out the way he has.

His Pops & Borrell ;)
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #33: Jun 10, 2013 12:42:37 am
      Chirivella is costing us nothing with £5k a week wages, what the f**k is all this crap about?

The Valencia manager and president both tried convincing his parents to allow him to stay.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #34: Jun 10, 2013 01:51:56 am
      Hold the phone Feds, he's f**king 16 yrs old and you're writing him off!  Messi was 16 at one stage, who knew he'd turn out the way he has.

No one is writing him off, F***ing hell I never even heard of the lad 48 hours again, let alone seen him play.  I have no idea who he is.  But he's 16, and is going to be going straight into the Academy.  That much we know.

And yet, the priority even before Suarez started to want out was to strengthen the starting XI.  If (and it's a big if) we are able to get the targets we want for the starting XI, then we need to look at upgrading the bench.  If there is any money left after that, then okay, let's work on bringing some youth talent in for the Academy.

But it seems like we're doing it at random instead of in terms of priorities.  I mean, this kid, no one knows how he's going to turn out.  He could be a great player.  Or he could be a dud like Pacheco. 

And yet, we have a player in Luis Suarez who we know EXACTLY what he can do.  He has proven it, again and again and again.  In order to keep him here we have to show him that we are ambitious and are going to provide him with a chance to win NOW, during the peak of his career.  Why are we spending the little money we have on players that aren't going to be able to contribute to the first team for another 3-4 years at least, when we have a handful of players who we know can contribute now? 

The priorities should not be kids.  Brian said it perfectly up above; strengthen the first XI and then use what's left over on kids if you have to.  But making kids the priority is going to end up setting us back even further, because our top players are going to see that we're not focused on the present, only the future, so they'll leave to go find a club that shows they want to win NOW, not just in ten years.  Then, those kids we bought for the future suddenly are all we have left, because we put more energy into them (a big risk) than into the players who we know can contribute now.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #35: Jun 10, 2013 02:33:47 am
      To be fair to Federer he has a point. We supposedly havent a huge wad of cash but were going to spend 8 million on a kid from Spain? Why? We dont need that we need to get it in players to improve our first team now this kid wont do that.

I don't think anyone has denied the fact that we do need some more 1st team recruits this summer, but does anyone really think this kid will be signed at the expense of a 1st team player that BR has identified as a primary target?  I personally think not. 

Rather, I think myself and others have simply been stating that it is a positive thing for us to be signing some of the best young players around.  Rafa tried to sign a few highly rated players like this while he was in charge, but the owners didn't give him the money sign the likes of Aguero and Jovetic when they were still teenagers.  From that end, I'm glad that the club is pursuing players with the potential to grow into the next big thing at Anfield!!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #36: Jun 10, 2013 10:23:09 am

You're right, of course we do need to make more immediate improvements but to strengthen our academy is critical to being competitive in the long-term. If we simply aim to go out and buy the best first-teamers we can, we will have to compete with super-rich clubs. I'm not saying we shouldn't try but fortunately, the work at academy level has been significantly ramped up over the last few years and bolstered by such signings and I'm confident that the fruits of this labour are almost ripe.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #37: Jun 10, 2013 10:52:22 am
      I'm glad to see us bringing in some quality youngsters.
      The Academy seemed to have stalled, in terms of recruitment, lately.

As much as we all want to see quality first team players arrive,
      we also need quality youngsters arriving.

Adam_Gibson8
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 290 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #38: Jun 10, 2013 10:52:23 am
      Sounds exciting. In 5-6 years we could have a fantastic team IF these sort of players meet their potential. The likes of Suso, Sterling, Wisdom, Yesil, Kelly, Coutinho, Canos, Ibe, Luis Alberto & now this lad. Seems like BR is raiding spanish youth teams. With FIFA rating our academy the 5th best in the world and best in England it sounds promising.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #39: Jun 10, 2013 10:36:31 pm
      Came into this thread seeing 2 pages in a short space in time and looked forward to reading possibly a lot of information on this potential new guy.

Instead, it's full of sh*te and the usual suspect. Don't know why I bothered. I don't read half of the threads on here I used to anymore.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #40: Jun 10, 2013 10:54:02 pm
      Spain's U16 captain and highly regarded in the country. He may be just a prospect but they don't come any better than that.

In fact he was moved up to the U17 squad, which he is a regular in.

He also just turned 16.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #41: Jun 10, 2013 10:57:27 pm
      With FIFA rating our academy the 5th best in the world and best in England it sounds promising.

Where's this mate?

Not seen that before.. Is there a link to the rankings etc?
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #42: Jun 10, 2013 11:00:33 pm
      Federer appears to know the clubs strategy for the summer. Only his genius could have extrapolated such information from an article linking us to one youngster. Forget signing youngsters until we've signed x,y and z for the first XI!!

Or maybe the club and our manager have decided a budget to improve first team and academy independently of each other?

xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #43: Jun 10, 2013 11:06:02 pm
      Where's this mate?

Was on twitter a couple of days ago. Haven't seen a legit source or tweet by UEFA about it anywhere.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #44: Jun 10, 2013 11:07:07 pm
      Where's this mate?

It's according to a few people on Twitter. Here is an example. Believe what you may.

@LfcHub_Streams: UEFA has recently ranked Liverpool Academy the 5th best in the World #BrightFuture

As for Chirivella, he sounds an exciting talent. Can do us no harm but still a long way to go before he can be considered a first team player.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #45: Jun 15, 2013 11:35:33 am
      Looks Like Valencia will offer a new contract to keep him there - shame as he looks good and would help our future team out a lot.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #46: Jun 15, 2013 12:39:28 pm

Just an idea.

Here's another idea, don't post in threads that don't interest you. No one forced you to read this thread about a "non first team" transfer and then to subsequently comment and drag everyone down.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #47: Jun 22, 2013 02:27:19 pm

Looks like he could be coming - which is nice (especially as I started this thread..!) and is in Liverpool today... I would love this to become the opposite of 'Day of the long knifes' where we sing about 5 top young players. However, it that the wine talking after watching the Rugby god, I miss the football season!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #48: Jun 24, 2013 06:36:07 pm
      Age isn't everything.  Michael Owen was prolific at 17 for us.  Wayne Rooney at Everton was the same at 17.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #49: Jun 24, 2013 07:33:42 pm
      I've not got excited about an academy player ever since we signed Bruna and that taught me a lesson, not about to start now.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,178 posts | 265 
      Reply #50: Jun 29, 2013 02:39:50 am
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #51: Jun 29, 2013 04:00:06 am
      Brilliant if we can seal this deal. Love how our academy is getting stocked with exceptional talent, the future does look bright from that side of things. Gonna be hard keeping all these young lads happy with progression and first team minutes in the years to come but that's a problem you'd choose to have rather than the barren years we've had in recent memory.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #52: Jul 14, 2013 06:25:49 pm
      Seems like we've signed the lad. 

We're bringing in some fantastic talent to the Academy this summer. 

Liverpool have agreed a deal to sign highly rated Spanish youngster Pedro Chirivella from Valencia
      14 Jul 2013 16:59

La Liga side demanding £3.5m for the midfielder, but Reds could hold out for £2m and let the dispute go to a tribunal.

The 17-year-old midfield sensation is one of the rising stars of Spanish football.

Valencia are demanding around £3.5million for the player with The Merseyside club offering around £2m less. If no deal can be reached, then a tribunal will set the final fee.

Chirivella was on the verge of joining Barcelona in 2001 after Valencia accepted a bid for him, but the player himself turned down the chance to join the Catalan giants.

The Reds also tried to sign another Spanish youngster, 16-year-old Mario Rodriguez from Real Madrid, but he turned down their offer and agreed a four-year deal at the Bernabeu.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-pedro-chirivella-agrees-2053517
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #53: Jul 15, 2013 07:53:09 am
      turned down barcalona in 2001?

so he would have been what, 5?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,542 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #54: Jul 15, 2013 10:30:56 am

Don't joke about things like that, clubs do scout players very early these days, you would be truly staggered how these things happen.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #55: Jul 15, 2013 10:48:13 am

Might be a typo.
      Could mean 2011.
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #56: Jul 16, 2013 05:43:31 pm
      Don't joke about things like that, clubs do scout players very early these days, you would be truly staggered how these things happen.

Messi signed for newell old boys when he was about 8.  Then bacelona when he was 11. 

And didnt that kid that just sign a loan deal with thw blueshites get signed by barcelona when he was 8?
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 287 
      Reply #57: Jul 16, 2013 09:17:08 pm
      Messi signed for newell old boys when he was about 8.  Then bacelona when he was 11. 

And didnt that kid that just sign a loan deal with thw blueshites get signed by barcelona when he was 8?
      They can feed them steroid and hormone injected meat for 10 years to get the best out of them. Football in 2024 will be like Space Jam basketball.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #58: Jul 16, 2013 10:16:00 pm

Wow, brilliant film!
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #59: Jul 20, 2013 12:01:59 pm
      Having guys on your "ignore" list is truly pathetic
      In fact it defeats the whole point of a forum

It says you believe your opinion is better than other posters which says far more
      about the person who has chose to use the ignore option than it does about the
      person who has been ignored..

You must agree with what say & think or i will put you on my ignore list because i am
      better than you!! You must agree with what i say & do because i know more about LFC
      than you do. You know nothing your opinion is not valid.You are relegated to the IGNORE list!!!!

There should not even be an ignore option imo this is supposed to be a forum ffs.....
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #60: Jul 20, 2013 01:13:51 pm
      It says you believe your opinion is better than other posters which says far more about the person who has chose to use the ignore option than it does about the
      person who has been ignored..

Nonsense. I could easily give you an example now of a poster who trolls threads on any subject and contorts the conversation in order to repeatedly air his objections to the signings of two particular players and the performances of another. He does so for no other reason than to derail the thread and take it onto the subject that HE wants to 'discuss'.
      It has nothing to do with whether I agree with him or not, it would be tiresome either way and the fact that he carries this agenda into any thread defeats the object of having thread subjects at all.
      If somebody is putting in that much effort to wind posters up and goad them into arguments rather that have an adult debate in the appropriate threads then the 'Ignore' function is an absolute blessing for those of us without the authority to warn / ban.
      There are plenty of people on here that I disagree with on a number of subjects and they probably know it but I still read their posts.

PS: I appreciate the irony of making an off-topic post in here but I did genuinely visit the thread to search for updates on Chirivella!
      « Last Edit: Jul 20, 2013 01:35:45 pm by Reprobate »
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #61: Jul 20, 2013 06:52:27 pm
      One thing I will say is I am very excited about the acquisitions that Rodgers has been making - these are truly exceptionally gifted young guys that are coming to the club. However, just erring on the side of caution, I hope we don't fill our team with small, nifty players. Nifty they may be, but physical strength in a team is also very important.

It is one reason why Arsenal have failed to win a trophy in the last ten years, because their players, despite being techincally gifted, have easily been pushed off the ball. Compare it to the Invincible side in 2004 and they had the right blend of physicality (Campbell, Vieria, Keown, Parlour, etc) with the silkiness of Pires and Henry for example - one of the key factors to that side's success.

I'm sure Rodgers knows this - he acknowledged such a fact in his first press conference that a team needed the right physicality and strength. I wouldn't mind to see the odd tough guy being bought.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #62: Jul 20, 2013 06:58:56 pm
      One thing I will say is I am very excited about the acquisitions that Rodgers has been making - these are truly exceptionally gifted young guys that are coming to the club.

Same here, I'm also very happy to see these technically gifted youngsters coming in one after the other. My concern is that we need to make it to the CL somehow or it will all be for nothing as they will move on as soon as they come good. If we can just make that step then things are looking very good.
      instride01
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #63: Jul 24, 2013 08:21:29 pm
      I don't recall seeing any confirmation but both Pedro and Sergi Canos played in the u18 matchup against Birmingham.  The latter scored the final goal in the 4-1 win.

Quick Reply