Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Pedro Chirivella (Valencia)

Read 15844 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Pedro Chirivella (Valencia)
      Reply #23: Jun 09, 2013 09:26:51 pm

This!

Quoting him in order to tell him he's a pr**k only brings his inane drivel to the attention of those sensible enough to block him.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #24: Jun 09, 2013 09:40:10 pm
      Quoting him in order to tell him he's a pr**k only brings his inane drivel to the attention of those sensible enough to block him.

I would hate to see what you consider worthwhile opinion if you think "we need to focus on improving the first XI" is "inane drivel."
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #25: Jun 09, 2013 09:54:25 pm
      He can't see your posts Federer, he like most people on this forum have you on ignore. Now it's my turn.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #26: Jun 09, 2013 10:12:13 pm
      He can't see your posts Federer, he like most people on this forum have you on ignore. Now it's my turn.

And me..

First and only time I've used it
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #27: Jun 09, 2013 10:14:16 pm

Basically my approach is as follows:

1) we have too many players that aren't good enough
      2) we need to stop wasting money on players who have proven nothing
      3) we need to focus on improving the starting XI, not just the players on the bench

I don't really see how any of that is controversial, let alone controversial enough you would feel the need to put someone on ignore. 

but, to each his own.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #28: Jun 09, 2013 10:28:18 pm
      F***ing boo.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #29: Jun 09, 2013 11:34:58 pm
      Maybe Borrell has had some input into this deal if its happening?.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #30: Jun 09, 2013 11:46:53 pm
      To be fair to Federer he has a point. We supposedly havent a huge wad of cash but were going to spend 8 million on a kid from Spain? Why? We dont need that we need to get it in players to improve our first team now this kid wont do that.

Gladly sign him at that price if we sign our prime targets first but a waste of 8 million in my view unless its spare. Great comparison made with Pacheco but he cost fooking nothing like 8 miilion and turned out not to be what we hoped.

Those having a go at federer ask yourself this if we sign this boy then miss out on a top signing because we were short on funds will you blame the board for wasting money or applaud them on signing what might be a great player in 4 years? Be honest
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #31: Jun 09, 2013 11:48:22 pm
      Hold the phone Feds, he's F***ing 16 yrs old and you're writing him off!

Messi was 16 at one stage, who knew he'd turn out the way he has.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #32: Jun 09, 2013 11:55:53 pm
      Hold the phone Feds, he's f**king 16 yrs old and you're writing him off!

Messi was 16 at one stage, who knew he'd turn out the way he has.

His Pops & Borrell ;)
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #33: Jun 10, 2013 12:42:37 am
      Chirivella is costing us nothing with £5k a week wages, what the f**k is all this crap about?

The Valencia manager and president both tried convincing his parents to allow him to stay.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #34: Jun 10, 2013 01:51:56 am
      Hold the phone Feds, he's f**king 16 yrs old and you're writing him off!  Messi was 16 at one stage, who knew he'd turn out the way he has.

No one is writing him off, F***ing hell I never even heard of the lad 48 hours again, let alone seen him play.  I have no idea who he is.  But he's 16, and is going to be going straight into the Academy.  That much we know.

And yet, the priority even before Suarez started to want out was to strengthen the starting XI.  If (and it's a big if) we are able to get the targets we want for the starting XI, then we need to look at upgrading the bench.  If there is any money left after that, then okay, let's work on bringing some youth talent in for the Academy.

But it seems like we're doing it at random instead of in terms of priorities.  I mean, this kid, no one knows how he's going to turn out.  He could be a great player.  Or he could be a dud like Pacheco. 

And yet, we have a player in Luis Suarez who we know EXACTLY what he can do.  He has proven it, again and again and again.  In order to keep him here we have to show him that we are ambitious and are going to provide him with a chance to win NOW, during the peak of his career.  Why are we spending the little money we have on players that aren't going to be able to contribute to the first team for another 3-4 years at least, when we have a handful of players who we know can contribute now? 

The priorities should not be kids.  Brian said it perfectly up above; strengthen the first XI and then use what's left over on kids if you have to.  But making kids the priority is going to end up setting us back even further, because our top players are going to see that we're not focused on the present, only the future, so they'll leave to go find a club that shows they want to win NOW, not just in ten years.  Then, those kids we bought for the future suddenly are all we have left, because we put more energy into them (a big risk) than into the players who we know can contribute now.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #35: Jun 10, 2013 02:33:47 am
      To be fair to Federer he has a point. We supposedly havent a huge wad of cash but were going to spend 8 million on a kid from Spain? Why? We dont need that we need to get it in players to improve our first team now this kid wont do that.

I don't think anyone has denied the fact that we do need some more 1st team recruits this summer, but does anyone really think this kid will be signed at the expense of a 1st team player that BR has identified as a primary target?  I personally think not. 

Rather, I think myself and others have simply been stating that it is a positive thing for us to be signing some of the best young players around.  Rafa tried to sign a few highly rated players like this while he was in charge, but the owners didn't give him the money sign the likes of Aguero and Jovetic when they were still teenagers.  From that end, I'm glad that the club is pursuing players with the potential to grow into the next big thing at Anfield!!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #36: Jun 10, 2013 10:23:09 am

You're right, of course we do need to make more immediate improvements but to strengthen our academy is critical to being competitive in the long-term. If we simply aim to go out and buy the best first-teamers we can, we will have to compete with super-rich clubs. I'm not saying we shouldn't try but fortunately, the work at academy level has been significantly ramped up over the last few years and bolstered by such signings and I'm confident that the fruits of this labour are almost ripe.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #37: Jun 10, 2013 10:52:22 am
      I'm glad to see us bringing in some quality youngsters.
      The Academy seemed to have stalled, in terms of recruitment, lately.

As much as we all want to see quality first team players arrive,
      we also need quality youngsters arriving.

Adam_Gibson8
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 290 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #38: Jun 10, 2013 10:52:23 am
      Sounds exciting. In 5-6 years we could have a fantastic team IF these sort of players meet their potential. The likes of Suso, Sterling, Wisdom, Yesil, Kelly, Coutinho, Canos, Ibe, Luis Alberto & now this lad. Seems like BR is raiding spanish youth teams. With FIFA rating our academy the 5th best in the world and best in England it sounds promising.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #39: Jun 10, 2013 10:36:31 pm
      Came into this thread seeing 2 pages in a short space in time and looked forward to reading possibly a lot of information on this potential new guy.

Instead, it's full of sh*te and the usual suspect. Don't know why I bothered. I don't read half of the threads on here I used to anymore.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #40: Jun 10, 2013 10:54:02 pm
      Spain's U16 captain and highly regarded in the country. He may be just a prospect but they don't come any better than that.

In fact he was moved up to the U17 squad, which he is a regular in.

He also just turned 16.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #41: Jun 10, 2013 10:57:27 pm
      With FIFA rating our academy the 5th best in the world and best in England it sounds promising.

Where's this mate?

Not seen that before.. Is there a link to the rankings etc?
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #42: Jun 10, 2013 11:00:33 pm
      Federer appears to know the clubs strategy for the summer. Only his genius could have extrapolated such information from an article linking us to one youngster. Forget signing youngsters until we've signed x,y and z for the first XI!!

Or maybe the club and our manager have decided a budget to improve first team and academy independently of each other?

xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #43: Jun 10, 2013 11:06:02 pm
      Where's this mate?

Was on twitter a couple of days ago. Haven't seen a legit source or tweet by UEFA about it anywhere.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #44: Jun 10, 2013 11:07:07 pm
      Where's this mate?

It's according to a few people on Twitter. Here is an example. Believe what you may.

@LfcHub_Streams: UEFA has recently ranked Liverpool Academy the 5th best in the World #BrightFuture

As for Chirivella, he sounds an exciting talent. Can do us no harm but still a long way to go before he can be considered a first team player.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #45: Jun 15, 2013 11:35:33 am
      Looks Like Valencia will offer a new contract to keep him there - shame as he looks good and would help our future team out a lot.

Quick Reply