Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 11th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Simon Mignolet Player Thread: > Club Bruges

Read 316275 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Re: Simon Mignolet Player Thread
      Reply #2346: Feb 05, 2017 01:08:07 am
      Migs is like a bird that lets you down, shags your mate and tells you she's sorry. You take her back in and for a while she's back to what she was when you first met her, bang up for it, gets her hair done, loses weight, wears matching bra and pant sets etc. Before long though you notice the BO problems back, the red knickers and blue bra don't go, and she's all over another one of your pals after two Jaegerbombs.

Truth is you should've got shut in the first place, that's what we should have done with Simon.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,230 posts | 4421 
      Reply #2347: Feb 05, 2017 01:25:27 am
      Migs is like a bird that lets you down, shags your mate and tells you she's sorry. You take her back in and for a while she's back to what she was when you first met her, bang up for it, gets her hair done, loses weight, wears matching bra and pant sets etc. Before long though you notice the BO problems back, the red knickers and blue bra don't go, and she's all over another one of your pals after two Jaegerbombs.

Truth is you should've got shut in the first place, that's what we should have done with Simon.

Come on Mick that's one of your ex girlfriends?   :D

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #2348: Feb 05, 2017 02:04:18 am
      Come on Mick that's one of your ex girlfriends?   :D

Haha Jaegerbombs weren't around when I had girlfriends mate!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,906 posts | 6829 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2349: Feb 05, 2017 03:34:09 am
      F**k Mignolet, you heard of punching the f**king ball in f**king situations like that?

CalaMignolet!!!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2350: Feb 05, 2017 08:32:27 am
      A leopard never changes it's spots
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,549 posts | 1495 
      Reply #2351: Feb 05, 2017 08:41:11 am

Brilliant analogy & gave me a right chuckle that,on a side note,I've met a few women ( in my youth ) with questionable morals but it wasn't Jaegerbombs it was Black Russians that turned them into harlets.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #2352: Feb 05, 2017 09:49:47 am
      No complaints. You get what you pay for. £60k per week is equivalent to Bergovic's wage which is a reserve keeper's cost. Courtois is double on £120k and De Gea £200k. He's cheap. FSG isn't complaining. And we're still buying tickets and merchandise, giving FSG more money.

I think we should accept that he is and will let us down time and again. Being cheap is why he got hired in the first place. We normally get what we pay for in most transactional situations.
      DanRed44
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts | 18 
      Reply #2353: Feb 05, 2017 10:13:56 am
      Simple solution would have been to go all out for Hart, yes he has made eerrors but no where near as many as this clown, the amount of games he won for City completely outweighs the amount of games he lost them, yes his distribution may not be amazing, but once again it's better than Migs, who for me is probably the worst in the prem for distribution, get rid pleaseeeeeeee.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #2354: Feb 05, 2017 12:42:15 pm
      I already have a title for his autobiography - Excelling through mistakes.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #2355: Feb 05, 2017 11:41:08 pm
      No complaints. You get what you pay for. £60k per week is equivalent to Bergovic's wage which is a reserve keeper's cost. Courtois is double on £120k and De Gea £200k. He's cheap. FSG isn't complaining. And we're still buying tickets and merchandise, giving FSG more money.

I think we should accept that he is and will let us down time and again. Being cheap is why he got hired in the first place. We normally get what we pay for in most transactional situations.

Should have kept Pepe Reina. Brendan to take blame for this one. Bullshit about fighting for places. Ok, Pepe isn't what he once was, but still a better option than Migs...

Otherwise, there are any number of keepers in the PL alone better than Migs...

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2356: Feb 06, 2017 01:01:29 am
      Should have kept Pepe Reina. Brendan to take blame for this one. Bullshit about fighting for places. Ok, Pepe isn't what he once was, but still a better option than Migs...

Otherwise, there are any number of keepers in the PL alone better than Migs...

Time to stop blaming Brendan for this.

Klopp's in his second season, seen 3 transfer windows and gave Mignolet a 5 year contract, plus bought another keeper who has failed to oust Mignolet.

Blaming Rodgers for all of the above is pathetic as it is childish.

It's Klopp's squad, his decisions now, and it's his opinion that only counts.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #2357: Feb 06, 2017 02:45:23 am

Klopp's in his second season, seen 3 transfer windows and gave Mignolet a 5 year contract, plus bought another keeper who has failed to oust Mignolet.

This all day, and lets not forget Reina gave the "If barcelona come knocking im off" ultimatum.

Rodgers never gave Mignolet a 5 year contract, and quite right, its Klopps squad now. When he says we don't need to sign anyone, the alarm bells started ringing.

Rodgers at least tried to improve the squad.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #2358: Feb 06, 2017 09:41:01 am

All very well, but if he wasn't here in the first place I guarantee you Klopp wouldn't have gone near him at all. The issue has been forced by moneyballing FSG, onto Brendan, now Jürgen. Spend nothing if you're going to buy sh*te...

Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #2359: Feb 06, 2017 10:04:19 am
      Hits some form, looks like a respectable Keeper......drops the ball...literally
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2360: Feb 06, 2017 11:49:01 am
      Hits some form, looks like a respectable Keeper......drops the ball...literally

It was inevitable though wasn't it, that's what is so depressing about him as a player. Time to get Karius in again and hope he makes a better go of it this time, I'm not optimistic.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #2361: Feb 06, 2017 12:52:23 pm
      ANY number of keepers in the PL better than Migs. Tom Heaton at lowly Burnley. Victor Valdez at Middlesborough. Fraser Forster. Asmir Begowic. Need I go on? Teams supposedly beneath us with superior keepers. Farcical...
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2362: Feb 06, 2017 03:49:51 pm
      It was inevitable though wasn't it, that's what is so depressing about him as a player. Time to get Karius in again and hope he makes a better go of it this time, I'm not optimistic.

Well Karius was dropped after two mistakes against Bournemouth and West Ham. He looks decent in the Cups and were it not for him the scoreline against Southampton in the league cup would have looked a lot more shameful.

I hate singling out individual players in a team sport but I said last season that I thought Mignolet cost us the chance of a CL place. We finished 6 points out of the CL places and I can name at least three matches in which we were leading where Mignolet decided to f**k our chances up. West Brom at home and then there was the Sunderland at home (he was culpable for both goals - remember his wall for paedo Johnson's free kick?) and then there was Newcastle at home where he came for a cross and missed it completely allowing a simple goal for Rafa's team to score. All matches ended 2-2. We led the latter two matches 2-0. Where we should have had 9 points in all three we only got three - 6 points cost. Those are only three off the top of my head. Christ knows how many more points we dropped because of him.

Where there was no doubt that Reina saved more points for us than he cost us, there is equally no doubt that Mignolet has cost us a lot more points than he has saved...a sh*t load of points that has cost us status, money and opportunity. The worst of our problems and it's a complete joke that he remains at this club.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2363: Feb 06, 2017 05:30:35 pm
      I almost feel sorry for him now. He's clearly not good enough to be a Premier League goalkeeper for a sustained period of time.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2364: Feb 06, 2017 05:47:12 pm
      Time to go back to the bench.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #2365: Feb 06, 2017 06:31:46 pm

Time to go back to Belgium more like.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2366: Feb 06, 2017 07:03:56 pm
      Time to go back to Belgium more like.

Won't argue with that!
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #2367: Feb 06, 2017 07:34:44 pm
      I do actually feel sorry for him also. He is just not brave or clever enough, he makes the odd good save. But he simply cannot deal with a ball cross into his box.
      Everyone in the world knows who you don't have to create chances against us, you just need 1 corner each half - Simon will do the rest.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2368: Feb 06, 2017 07:36:39 pm
      It's so sad its funny, Migs makes a howler, and we're asking for Karius, then he fucks up, and we're back to asking for Migs. Vicious circle!

Quick Reply