Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Simon Mignolet Player Thread: > Club Bruges

Read 306193 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Simon Mignolet Player Thread
      Reply #2668: Sep 16, 2017 05:34:42 pm
      At this point I can't even blame Mignolet anymore but the one who plays him.. he's a donkey, a mediocre football player that at this time should be relegated with Sunderland but somehow won the lottery ticket when an inept transfer committee decided to buy him.

He's the worst number one since Barbie Girl.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #2669: Sep 16, 2017 05:45:59 pm
      This frustrates the hell out of me. He does it EVERY single f**king game!!! Not just with the kick but with the f**king throw as well. He would attempt to throw the ball, then stop, shake his head, turn to the other side, repeat that crap, before finally throwing it above the head of our player.

Or blasting it into touch haha I hate it. Imagine your keeper making you sprint half the pitch in anticipation of a fast throw or kick then you look back and he is bouncing the ball ready to boot it up field.

It would piss me off so much.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #2670: Sep 16, 2017 05:48:34 pm
      He's the worst number one since Barbie Girl.

I reckon that ken off the video would probably be an upgrade though haha.

He has surpassed Glen Johnson as most annoying player ever for me and by a long, long way.

Something I never though possible.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2671: Sep 23, 2017 09:20:01 pm
      He's the sort of guy where if you threw a grenade through his bathroom window whilst he was on the toilet, he'd pick it up, throw it in the toilet and proceed to sit back down on the toilet.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #2672: Sep 23, 2017 09:29:40 pm
      We got in an awkward situation at the moment of the penalty a game we should have won easily but for some silly mistakes from our players and the ref.  So when he saved the Penalty for that only I can understand someone giving him man of the match because that at the end was the difference between a point or three.   Not for me, he didn't come close to getting MOM, but then he never does.  I can't remember giving him MOM. 
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #2673: Sep 23, 2017 10:15:06 pm
      We got in an awkward situation at the moment of the penalty a game we should have won easily but for some silly mistakes from our players and the ref.  So when he saved the Penalty for that only I can understand someone giving him man of the match because that at the end was the difference between a point or three.   Not for me, he didn't come close to getting MOM, but then he never does.  I can't remember giving him MOM.

If he just comes out like a normal goalie and scoops that ball up there is no penalty at all.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2674: Sep 23, 2017 11:40:23 pm

If anyone gives him man of the match for saving the penalty then quite frankly they need to give their head a wobble because it was his fault they had a penalty in the first place! More importantly I'd have been pissed if he didn't save it seeing as it was straight down the damn middle!

Another fine, monumentally sh*t performance from him. About midway through the first half he nearly gifts them a goal thanks to losing the ball and giving them an open goal. Then the first goal he got completely dominated and fu**ed up by Okazaki who is 5ft f**k all. 2nd goal he done his usual and put the ball straight back into the most dangerous area he possibly can when making the save. Then he goes and gifts them a penalty.

I try and find justification why he's still at the club but I can't and the stat about his penalty saves isn't doing it when you consider a few of them have been straight down the middle and how he went about 13 consecutive kicks vs Boro in the cup without getting near a single one.

Useless, completely sodding useless!!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2675: Sep 24, 2017 12:47:40 am
      If he just comes out like a normal goalie and scoops that ball up there is no penalty at all.

You mean you don't scoop the ball up with a flying scissor tackle? I've been getting it wrong all these years...
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #2676: Sep 24, 2017 03:32:28 am
      If anyone gives him man of the match for saving the penalty then quite frankly they need to give their head a wobble because it was his fault they had a penalty in the first place! More importantly I'd have been pissed if he didn't save it seeing as it was straight down the damn middle!

Another fine, monumentally sh*t performance from him. About midway through the first half he nearly gifts them a goal thanks to losing the ball and giving them an open goal. Then the first goal he got completely dominated and fu**ed up by Okazaki who is 5ft f**k all. 2nd goal he done his usual and put the ball straight back into the most dangerous area he possibly can when making the save. Then he goes and gifts them a penalty.

I try and find justification why he's still at the club but I can't and the stat about his penalty saves isn't doing it when you consider a few of them have been straight down the middle and how he went about 13 consecutive kicks vs Boro in the cup without getting near a single one.

Useless, completely sodding useless!!

Yeh but the few people that voted for him might think that if the Ref would called a foul there would not have been the first goal.  The second he should palmed the ball better, but one might think he was unlucky to  hit their best goal threat on the head.  I voted for Coutinho for MOM didn't want to but he was head and shoulders above everyone else in my opinion. 

I will say another thing though when the score was 3-2 and they got that Penalty at that point if they scored could only see a point at best could have been worst.  I know it is all hindsight but still.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #2677: Oct 03, 2017 03:16:36 pm
      Of all the poor/weak goalkeeping people complained on Mignolet, I just frustrate most on his distribution of the ball. Not only accuracy which he's always poor but it's his lack of understanding to the game. I means he seem not to realise of his teammates position on the field and not interest to make a Reina -> Torres -> Goal! thing at all.

Recently teams set walls of defence when play us and we often found hard to penetrate and create clear chance/score goal. This anyway in every game there are opportunities when opponent came at us as they pour bodies up during counter attack or at set pieces/corner that I saw Mignolet fail completely to start quick counter as he don't know how/when/where to distribute the 'right' ball. He  kick/throw the ball out of him just for the sake of it. 

People can see from start of this season, which we have Mane and Salah, if we have a gk who understand the game and has accurate distribution of the ball we could benefit from quick attack start from the gk while opponent loosen their defence organise, and bypass our clumsy central midfield.   

If he will develop to the LFC first choice GK he should be now (even long ago), now no one would convince me he will reach that point. We need to replace him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2678: Oct 03, 2017 04:30:54 pm
      He's the sort of guy where if you threw a grenade through his bathroom window whilst he was on the toilet, he'd pick it up, throw it in the toilet and proceed to sit back down on the toilet.

What a strangely specific example of someone ;D

I have so many questions....who throws a grenade through a bathroom window...where did they get said grenade?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #2679: Oct 03, 2017 05:33:10 pm

What a strangely specific example of someone ;D

I have so many questions....who throws a grenade through a bathroom window...where did they get said grenade?

We’re from Scotland mate.

You get grenades free on the health service here.

Kinda MAD based neighbourhood detente type thingy.

green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #2680: Oct 22, 2017 05:54:59 pm
      I don't care if we never see him and Lovren back in the squad again. Just give someone else a chance. If they're not good enough then go out there and get someone else.
      We've all seen enough of these clowns. 
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2681: Oct 22, 2017 06:20:53 pm
      Maybe if we pretend he doesn't exist he might just go away?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2682: Oct 22, 2017 06:22:10 pm
      In any normal setup you wouldnt see him again after today
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #2683: Oct 22, 2017 06:32:05 pm
      Maybe if we pretend he doesn't exist he might just go away?

That just doesn't work unfortunately.
      For perspective, Adam Bogdan is still with us  :)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #2684: Oct 22, 2017 06:35:34 pm
      Wasn’t better than Pepe when we signed him and isn’t better than Pepe now.

The real question is why the club preferred to pay an upfront fee and modest wages to bring in a “better” keeper.....if a change was even required....
      « Last Edit: Oct 22, 2017 10:00:56 pm by Scotia »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2685: Oct 22, 2017 06:39:19 pm
      That just doesn't work unfortunately.
      For perspective, Adam Bogdan is still with us  :)

If only we were as good at getting rid of our shitty players as we were at getting rid of our best players.

But no - Simon Mignolet is our reality. A F***ing depressing reality.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2686: Oct 22, 2017 06:42:21 pm
      Wasn’t better than Pepe when we signed him and isn’t better than Pepe now.

The real question is why the club preferred to pay an upfront fee and modest wages to bringing in a better keeper.....if a change was required.

Exactly right mate.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #2687: Oct 22, 2017 06:43:06 pm
      If only we were as good at getting rid of our shitty players as we were at getting rid of our best players.

But no - Simon Mignolet is our reality. A f**king depressing reality.

That's what you get for shopping at the bargain bin in the first place. Just look at City or Chelsea. They never have any issue getting rid of players.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2688: Oct 22, 2017 07:02:15 pm
      Could be worse. We could be on RAWK where they have LOCKED the Simon Mignolet discussion thread (formerly called the Simon Mignolet is F***ing boss Thread until recently).
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #2689: Oct 22, 2017 07:08:05 pm
      Could be worse. We could be on RAWK where they have LOCKED the Simon Mignolet discussion thread (formerly called the Simon Mignolet is f**king boss Thread until recently).

;D
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #2690: Oct 22, 2017 07:56:32 pm
      As a keeper in the 9th tier of english football, I can safely say I wouldn't drop half the stuff he does. He just can not catch a ball. It's that simple. Plus why did he come out for the first one? Kane still had quite a lot to do and Simon has just made the decision for Harry.

Quick Reply