Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Simon Mignolet Player Thread: > Club Bruges

Read 306136 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Re: Simon Mignolet Player Thread
      Reply #2806: Dec 02, 2017 12:57:45 pm
      http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11119073/mignolet-city-can-be-caught

Not a fan of this stuff because we have shown nothing to suggest we are at their level.

Mignolet is one who does a lot of talking off the pitch about what we can do and what we want to do.

Much rather we kept stayed humble and quiet and concentrated on improving ourselves rather than spouting off in the media.

Especially when we are out of the top 4 at the moment, let alone about to catch Man City.

Keeping everything in house was an unwritten rule before the US influence on the club, a cultural  phenomenon it could be said.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2807: Dec 02, 2017 04:03:01 pm
      he cannot and should not prepare for that.

What about... reacting to it? You know, good reflexes and all. Top keepers usually have them.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #2808: Dec 03, 2017 03:31:08 am
      Shout out to this fella today as he made a crucial save at 2-0 which led to a goal at the other end.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2809: Dec 15, 2017 09:27:29 pm
      % of total shots per game had = 70% - 2nd in the league
      % of total shots per game on target = 70% - 2nd in the league
      % of shots on target that have scored = 31% - 9th in the league
      % of shots on target that have been saved = 55% - 19th in the league

Say what you want about our centre backs, midfielders, attacking line, rotation options, Klopp picking x,y or z in this that or the other position... When we have Mignolet in goal we suffer because of it. Year in and year out 1 in every 2 shots go in. Just to compare to others and I'll branch it out so you can see even the lower end of the table still provide much better options than Migs.

De Gea - 85% success rate (1st)
      Forster - 73% success rate (5th)
      Pickford - 64% success rate (13th)

The only team with a worse rating is Stoke and they've had their reserve keeper in for a long stint of the season. It's beyond insanity now that Mignolet is getting in this team, he has no redeeming features and I just don't get how he keeps getting picked. Maybe Klopp doesn't want to throw Karius in with Lovren and Klavan because it won't be great for a young keeper to have to organise that sh*t show... But Migs isn't the answer either.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2810: Dec 22, 2017 09:44:28 pm
      I wouldn't sell this poor b***ard and all his horrors on to Man Utd. If Satan is assembling his first eleven in hell, this guy has a permanent place in that team.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #2811: Dec 22, 2017 09:45:51 pm
      I honestly hate this man, as much as one can hate a footballer. He’s stealing a living from this club and continually dragging us down.

I’m also sick of the tw*t telling us after games how wonderful everything is, as if he’s some kind of leader for us.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #2812: Dec 22, 2017 09:59:29 pm
      Have we had a worse regular number one than him?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2813: Dec 22, 2017 09:59:35 pm
      In all seriousness because my stamce on this team has changed a little now to accepting we're playing for fourth, and for that reason we can carry a few passengers... So you know for a league title challenge we'd need a lot more depth all over the pitch but for what this club is blatantly (honestly) trying to achieve we can crack on skimping in certain areas, bit with all that said, what the F**k is our goalkeeping situation all about?

Mignolet has been proven to be sh*t. Everyone on here bangs on about Karius and people like me who would still rather Migs in goal get ridiculed for it, but the man who bloody matters still persists with him and i'm guessing (and also from watching Karius) there's a bloody good reason for that too.

So Migs, Karius and Ward. Is that really good enough for a topish team like us? If those 3 were at Stoke nobody would bat an eyelid.

All that it means in the end is that we dominate games and lose points because the keeper we come up against in invariably better than whichever idiot the opposition is shooting at.

Yeah by all means put Karius in, go all out and put Ward in. In the end the 3 of them are premier league number 2 goalkeepers in any club.

At the end of the day we have spent so very little on that position for a long time now and it's no shock to me that it costs us season in, season out.

Like I said expectations are a top 4 finish (the way we play we can never be anything more in all honesty) but Mignolet could cost us even that.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2814: Dec 22, 2017 10:02:20 pm
      He is at consistent at least.

Complete shithouse the way he crumbled after his error shitting his pants at every effort on goal.
      Can't think of a bigger mental midget in the league.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2815: Dec 22, 2017 10:08:04 pm
      In all seriousness because my stamce on this team has changed a little now to accepting we're playing for fourth, and for that reason we can carry a few passengers... So you know for a league title challenge we'd need a lot more depth all over the pitch but for what this club is blatantly (honestly) trying to achieve we can crack on skimping in certain areas, bit with all that said, what the f**k is our goalkeeping situation all about?

Mignolet has been proven to be sh*t. Everyone on here bangs on about Karius and people like me who would still rather Migs in goal get ridiculed for it, but the man who bloody matters still persists with him and i'm guessing (and also from watching Karius) there's a bloody good reason for that too.

So Migs, Karius and Ward. Is that really good enough for a topish team like us? If those 3 were at Stoke nobody would bat an eyelid.

All that it means in the end is that we dominate games and lose points because the keeper we come up against in invariably better than whichever idiot the opposition is shooting at.

Yeah by all means put Karius in, go all out and put Ward in. In the end the 3 of them are premier league number 2 goalkeepers in any club.

At the end of the day we have spent so very little on that position for a long time now and it's no shock to me that it costs us season in, season out.

Like I said expectations are a top 4 finish (the way we play we can never be anything more in all honesty) but Mignolet could cost us even that.

Haven't chosen to watch Karius in the few games he's played this season then?

There are opinions that are simply impossible to reconcile or accept and that is the notion that some supporters believe that Mignolet, even after tonight, remains the best keeper at the club. It is utterly bizarre and borders on accepting failure if you genuinely believe that.

And if that means me saying Klopp is getting it badly wrong then so be it. Many would believe he is.
      « Last Edit: Dec 22, 2017 10:12:59 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #2816: Dec 22, 2017 10:11:44 pm
      He is at consistent at least.

Complete shithouse the way he crumbled after his error shitting his pants at every effort on goal.
      Can't think of a bigger mental midget in the league.

Consistently giving points and goals to whoever we're playing. Migs out! Enough is enough.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2817: Dec 22, 2017 10:19:35 pm
      Arsenal shots on target: 4
      Goals: 3

The worst keeper in he league and has been for years. Not fit to wear the shirt. Ruined another day for thousands of reds. Playing him week in and week out is like starting a forward who doesn't score for months on end and misses sitters time after time. I don't get it.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2818: Dec 22, 2017 10:23:44 pm
      Haven't chosen to watch Karius in the few games he's played this season then?

There are opinions that are simply impossible to reconcile or accept and that is the notion that some supporters believe that Mignolet, even after tonight, remains the best keeper at the club. It is utterly bizarre.

And if that means me saying Klopp is getting it badly wrong then so be it. Many would believe he is.

Yeah i've seen him and hes skittish. A bundle of nervous energy.

You can't win anything with these types.

Seriously the issue is not which one to choose, it's why have Liverpool left themselves with such a grim choice in the first place?

Why spend 5 million on a prospect in a position we had acknowledged we needed better in? Do we really need to do that at Liverpool?

We blow 3 goal leads with either between the sticks to be fair. Its an issue that goes beyond just the keepers but fixing this position can put a plaster over our poor game management.

To be honest after today i'd give Karius a crack at it. But i'm not expecting anything but disappointment from it.

This club accepted relative failure a long time ago, i've just got sick to F**k of worrying about it.

If Kloppo wants to piss about playing silly boys football with the constant 3-3s and 4-3s then he can crack on and we'll finish around 4th of 5th. But for F**k sake at least he could get himself a better keeper and we'd get more 4-2s than 4-4s.
      « Last Edit: Dec 22, 2017 10:29:19 pm by fields of anny rd »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2819: Dec 22, 2017 10:29:30 pm
      Arsenal shots on target: 4
      Goals: 3

The worst keeper in he league and has been for years. Not fit to wear the shirt. Ruined another day for thousands of reds. Playing him week in and week out is like starting a forward who doesn't score for months on end and misses sitters time after time. I don't get it.

His lack of awareness in the press makes it even worse. He insists that he isn't a problem. He actually believes he's good. He's like one of those nutjobs that go on the Britain's Got Talent auditions and believes he has talents only to make a fool of himself in front of the nation.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2820: Dec 22, 2017 10:34:50 pm
      His lack of awareness in the press makes it even worse. He insists that he isn't a problem. He actually believes he's good. He's like one of those nutjobs that go on the Britain's Got Talent auditions and believes he has talents only to make a fool of himself in front of the nation.

Aye and it makes his comments in the media about City being catchable even more excruciating.

The truth is we're blatantly not even attempting to do that. Too expensive but if we can get 4th again with cheap goalkeepers andbfull backs then there's some great profits to be had.
      Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Reply #2821: Dec 22, 2017 10:50:37 pm
      We need a rock, a leader CB and a true number 1. A reliable, trustworthy ace of a keeper. Without those 2 things we will never win anything, even with the attack we have right now. Mignolet is a 2nd choice keeper for a bottom 14 team, maybe. Time to move on. Give Karius a run and if that doesn't work it's time to spend whatever we need for 2 new keepers. Like, now.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2822: Dec 22, 2017 11:43:19 pm
      Please leave.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #2823: Dec 23, 2017 12:02:22 am
      What the F**k was he doing with that second goal FFS!!! When he fumbled that shot late on from Sanchez my heart was in my mouth. We can't keep carrying this clown. Sort it out Jürgen, never going to win anything with this fool between the sticks!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2824: Dec 23, 2017 12:23:09 am
      At first I thought he was bowled over like a skittle with that Xahaka shot..

On watching the replay he F***ing flapped it..

Rafa would have shipped him off time ago..
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #2825: Dec 23, 2017 02:00:19 am
      He is killing us. Tells our story though when a sub standard player like him has had such an extended run for us. Klopp needs to do the right thing and bench him for the rest of the season.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #2826: Dec 23, 2017 03:08:36 am
      Never want to see him in a red shirt again, but already felt like this for two years.

Genuinely baffled as to how Klopp has managed to avoid doing the obvious here, he needs binned. If Karius isn't your man then you can't afford to keep letting transfer windows pass - and points drop - with this F***ing horrendous F***ing coward in goals.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #2827: Dec 23, 2017 06:38:34 am
      It's not as if he has to make save after save to keep the team in the hunt like that donut thief down the road. There are hardly two or three chances in a game against us and lo and behold the opposition scores 3.

Anyone who thinks that some of the other players like Gomez, for example, is getting a fair ride needs to consider the fact that one is an experienced player who has spent some 5 years at the club and another is a 20 year old kid who is played out of position and who is still learning the tricks of the game.

I am still fuming at the way he tried to save the second goal. What was he doing with his right hand? Wanking?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2828: Dec 23, 2017 06:52:09 am
      I bet he starts the next game though, Klopp loves Migs.

Quick Reply