Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Simon Mignolet Player Thread: > Club Bruges

Read 306167 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Simon Mignolet Player Thread
      Reply #2852: Dec 23, 2017 08:30:45 pm
      Well, entitled to your opinion.

I did read your post, didn't twist anything.

What is my opinion then?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2853: Dec 23, 2017 08:34:10 pm
      Maybe you should have worded it better then because exactly what it seemed like.

Suggest you calm down lad.

Hate how some people think they can compare Mignolet and his 4 years of sheer fuckery to Karius's handful of games and proclaim the young German to be as sh*t. As if they want us all to just submit and go 'oh well we might as well continue with Mignolet'.

Has a faint whiff of an apologist's stance on Mignolet's form.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2854: Dec 23, 2017 08:36:37 pm
      Hate how some people think they can compare Mignolet and his 4 years of sheer fuckery to Karius's handful of games and proclaim the young German to be as sh*t. As if they want us all to just submit and go 'oh well we might as well continue with Mignolet'.

Has a faint whiff of an apologist's stance on Mignolet's form.

Again sorry to be pedantic if you mean me but that's not what i said at all.

For the record I think Mignolet is sh*te. His hands are made of smoke. He's as commanding as my 8 year old.

I'd love never to see him in the shirt again
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2855: Dec 23, 2017 08:44:22 pm

Well if you don't know after saying it, then I can't take you seriously.
      7DocUnleashed
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | 10 
      Reply #2856: Dec 24, 2017 12:16:02 am

Just watched the second goal howler on MOTD again. What was he thinking? Whey did he not go for the ball with his two hands?
      It looked to me like he was going for the 'Hollywood' punch over the bar.
      And its decisions like this that continue and, I fear, will continue to haunt him.

Time to give Karius an extended run.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2857: Dec 24, 2017 12:23:15 am
      Might have to get used to having a sh*te keeper as Klopp never got rid of Weidenfeller at Dortmund.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2858: Dec 24, 2017 04:12:16 am
      But i said the manager sees all 3 in training everyday so has more to hand than any of us to judge
      Training and a real game is totally different. I don't care if he buffon in training, Klopp should recognise he's sh*te when it matters. I got laughed at when I said start Ward two years ago, instead he got loaned out and then Karius came. Karius is much better than mignolet, he patrols the box better. Karius and Ward should be competing for first, Mignolet must have some real dishy information on Klopp or something, otherwise I don't know what is in his head to not drop what is statistically the worst keeper in the league. Current league keepers.

Stats courstisy of this is anfield.
      Nick Pope will do fine.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2859: Dec 24, 2017 07:17:24 am
      All I can say is Ward must be really sh*te if he can't get a game ahead of Migs  and Karius. This makes me sad!
      « Last Edit: Dec 24, 2017 09:09:12 am by ORCHARD RED »
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2860: Dec 24, 2017 09:00:01 am
      Training and a real game is totally different. I don't care if he buffon in training, Klopp should recognise he's sh*te when it matters. I got laughed at when I said start Ward two years ago, instead he got loaned out and then Karius came. Karius is much better than mignolet, he patrols the box better. Karius and Ward should be competing for first, Mignolet must have some real dishy information on Klopp or something, otherwise I don't know what is in his head to not drop what is statistically the worst keeper in the league. Current league keepers.

Stats courstisy of this is anfield.
      Nick Pope will do fine.

F**k me, heā€™s so so so so F***ing sh*t!!!
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #2861: Dec 24, 2017 10:40:10 am
      He better be on the cheapest wage on that list. Which I doubt so. Means he's overpaid. By wage to saves per goal.

Michael Edwards hello??? We've an overpaid keeper on our books! Get rid of him! The best reason to rid someone is wage. What goes around comes around. Oh my Pepe. I miss you so much.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #2862: Dec 24, 2017 11:51:10 am
      From the table riba post above, interesting that the 2nd and 3rd worst are Joe Hart and Jack Butland I remember some of us here want them sign to replace Mignolet, lucky enough the club not sign any of them :D

Seeing the like of Mignolets performances so far make me wonder what the hell the like of Lazar Markovic did wrong, Klopp even not give him a chance, that's strange really. 
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #2863: Dec 24, 2017 02:51:06 pm
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,138 posts | 1194 
      Reply #2864: Dec 24, 2017 03:18:25 pm
      sh*te attempt for Xhaka's goal. Should have been a simple job of putting it over the bar or at least getting enough in the way of the ball to stop it going in.

However hard the strike, it was practically straight at him and yet he still fluffed it.

His mistakes are endlessly embarrassing. I cannot even begin to imagine how many points they have cost us and still we seem (f*ck knows why) to have developed a tolerance of it that is totally unbefitting of a club of our stature.

We really shouldn't need to spend a lot to improve that position. Ā£20m or Ā£30m buys you a very, very good goalie in a foreign league. Sort it!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2865: Dec 24, 2017 05:33:02 pm
      His ā€œattemptā€ at saving Xhakaā€™s shot reminded me of when he got humiliated by Negredo vs City. That was 4 years ago. 4 years later and we are still putting up with the same old sh*t from him.

Weak.

Kopite78
      Reply #2866: Dec 24, 2017 07:49:49 pm
      Just read another stat on the Mig

He has made the same amount of saves as he has conceeded goals this season (23)

:-\
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #2867: Dec 24, 2017 11:28:10 pm
      Easy blame mig loven Henderson these world not their fault if manger keep pick him when know their not great
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2868: Dec 25, 2017 12:43:25 am
      Just read another stat on the Mig

He has made the same amount of saves as he has conceeded goals this season (23)

:-\

Yea not sure that stat can ever be massaged into a positive.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #2869: Dec 25, 2017 09:21:02 am
      Mig is a goalie within the top20 goalkeepers of the world. I dunno what you expect. Look at Neuer. He's supposed to be the best one but injured, so he's worse than Mig at this point. Look at Czech who did the same mistake like Mig. Stop pretending Mig is a loser that slept with Klopp's daughter to get the job and now his incompetence is shown. In fact I remain vocal that Klopp's insane idea of splitting the jobs between Mig and Karius unleashed the late unsettled Mig. JĆ¼rgen's fault!
      Kopite78
      Reply #2870: Dec 25, 2017 09:27:33 am
      Mig is a goalie within the top20 goalkeepers of the world. I dunno what you expect. Look at Neuer. He's supposed to be the best one but injured, so he's worse than Mig at this point. Look at Czech who did the same mistake like Mig. Stop pretending Mig is a loser that slept with Klopp's daughter to get the job and now his incompetence is shown. In fact I remain vocal that Klopp's insane idea of splitting the jobs between Mig and Karius unleashed the late unsettled Mig. JĆ¼rgen's fault!

He's not top 20 in the world, he's not even no.1 for his country let alone world top 20

Barca  (As as well as numerous others) have split the gk job in recent years. It hasn't effected their keepers has it?

Cech has years of stability behind him, maybe on in the slide now but certainly was in the world top 5 in his peak and is still probably top 20. Mignolet has years of f**k ups behind him, and will never ever be at the level Cech was.

Mignolet has been doing numerous f**k ups long before he was rotates for Cl games, he's a bang average keeper with poor mentality at the top level and obvious mistakes in his game. That's not Klopps fault it's just his level
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2871: Dec 25, 2017 09:41:15 am
      What a plonker. Migs has been sh*t for a long time and it's nothing to do with rust. He wouldn't be in to 20 goalkeepers in most retirement homes nevermind the world.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #2872: Dec 25, 2017 11:18:18 am
      It hasn't effected their keepers has it?

I haven't checked it, so it's kind of just a claim, football is still a business with many dumb decisions as you see with penalties (that could be trained to almost perfection like they do it with kicking in the NFL, but it's not done despite the obvious importance). But usually a goalkeeper loses his swagger when he gets scrutinized by the coach, e.g. when splitting jobs. Played the position myself and you are alone eventually and you need that "I can do sh*t and still be King Kong"-attitude to succeed. If you think "Uh one more mistake and I might lose my job, uh the other guy has already the goal in CL, so I could see it coming" then you hesistate, you begin to think, you lose your flow and natural aggressiveness. Hard to describe but even when I never played for money I "know" what it means for a goalkeeper to have the unconditional trust of his coach and players and what happens if you lose that. It definitely makes you weaker overall when you were No. 1 before! (For a young guy like Karius it might be different since for him the splitting job is a step upward)

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2873: Dec 25, 2017 11:58:02 am
      I haven't checked it, so it's kind of just a claim, football is still a business with many dumb decisions as you see with penalties (that could be trained to almost perfection like they do it with kicking in the NFL, but it's not done despite the obvious importance). But usually a goalkeeper loses his swagger when he gets scrutinized by the coach, e.g. when splitting jobs. Played the position myself and you are alone eventually and you need that "I can do sh*t and still be King Kong"-attitude to succeed. If you think "Uh one more mistake and I might lose my job, uh the other guy has already the goal in CL, so I could see it coming" then you hesistate, you begin to think, you lose your flow and natural aggressiveness. Hard to describe but even when I never played for money I "know" what it means for a goalkeeper to have the unconditional trust of his coach and players and what happens if you lose that. It definitely makes you weaker overall when you were No. 1 before! (For a young guy like Karius it might be different since for him the splitting job is a step upward)

I'm convinced you're his agent. Stop with the excuses.

You talk as if losing the UCL spot wasn't his own fault, after years of unconvincing and unreliable service to the club.

Of course confidence is important for any player, of any position, and perhaps even more so for a goalkeeper, but in the end it's a results business and you can either deliver or not. You are either mentally strong enough to be a top player or you're not.

To play for a top club in a top league like Liverpool in the Premier League, every player has to be mentally prepared to have every single one of their mistakes scrutinised by fans and media. He has to be prepared to fight for his position, knowing that at the top only the best will do. No point asking people to stop doing that, it's just the reality of the job and always will be.

That's the reason why the players who're capable to perform under those conditions are worth so much money in transfer fees and earn high wages.

Mignolet is not one of them. He's not good enough. He's not one of the top 20 goalkeepers in the world, probably not even his mum thinks so.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2874: Dec 25, 2017 05:39:29 pm
      Should we not as supporters, instead of crushing a players confidence time and again maybe get behind the team as an entity and that includes the keeper? It's got to have an affect on players when every mistake is relentlessly pounced upon.

But itā€™s ok for us, the ones who pay to go watch the games, support the club through the good and bad times to put up with the same sh*t year after year for the last 4 years. I dread to think how many points and goals he has cost us during his time with us.

Itā€™s all well and good saying to support the players, not good for their confidence etc but how about the ones on 60,70,80+ grand a week who fill us with no confidence. People pay out to go watch the games and not everyone can do that easily, for some itā€™s a real stretch financially, but yet the players can have a bad game and get a free pass? Whilst then going home to their mansions and flash lifestyles.

No, his performances for this club have been unnaceptable so I couldnā€™t care less about his confidence because he shouldnā€™t be in the team to begin with, he has had more than enough chances but continues to let us down time and time again, giving us absolutely zero confidence.

Heā€™s a useless sack of sh*t, simple.

Quick Reply