Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bmouth [Premier League] Sat 21st Sep @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 21st of September and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W16 D3 L7

Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid)

Read 8549 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid)
      Reply #46: Aug 07, 2013 09:55:38 am
      Don't see this happening at all and I'm clearly the only person on here who isn't that fussed. He's a legend and in a way it would be great to see him in a Liverpool shirt again but it's kind of nostalgia, if anything. Would be great to go back to the team of 08 and try building again from there but we can't and I don't think bringing Xabi back is the answer.
      Rep I wonder if we did resign Xabi Alonso would we expect too much from him.I have mixed feelings about if I should remember the man in his prime and then I think of Gary Mac and he didn't do a bad job for us in his later years.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #47: Aug 07, 2013 10:01:42 am
      The way Xabi plays he'd be the perfect foil forhow Brendan sets up.

Remember Kuyt having the 2nd best assist record to Ronaldo, that was down to Xabi dropping exquisite balls in to the channels, Coutinho and Aspas would thrive off that kind of delivery, why beat a man when the pass that plays you in removes the need.

Still only think we'll have half a chance if Suarez moves to Madrid.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #48: Aug 07, 2013 06:15:08 pm
      Rep I wonder if we did resign Xabi Alonso would we expect too much from him

That's my thinking, Billy.

Quick Reply