Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Thank You Pepe YNWA.

Read 10698 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Thank You Pepe YNWA.
      Jul 22, 2013 12:35:43 am
      Been lost in the furore for the past few days that simply thanking Pepe for his services has been overlooked.

Right before this thread depreciates into anything it shouldn't be there's other threads for that.

This is specifically to thank Pepe for his loyalty and service.

So thank you Pepe Reina a true legend when its so easily banded about today.

He spoke out against Hicks and Gillette when others kept schtum.

Stayed loyal to the cause whilst others were casting eyes elsewhere.

He was a character and leader both on and off the field.

He was a top class goal keeper.

All the best Pepe hope you  clean up with Rafa and get  your dream move back to Barca, Thanks for everything, You'll never walk alone.

Don't  know about any one else, but I'm going to miss the crazy baldy f**ker and his antics.

« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2013 02:21:47 pm by JD »
      neilo
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Re: Thank You Pepe YNWA.
      Reply #1: Jul 22, 2013 12:38:01 am
      Brilliantly put and I couldn't agree more Thank you Pepe legend YNWA
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #2: Jul 22, 2013 12:40:06 am
      We'll never see you're likes again Pepe . Legend .
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #3: Jul 22, 2013 12:41:27 am
      Great goalie and great character. I don't like that after so long at the club he can't even say goodbye to the fans at Anfield like Carra did but that's football.

Good luck Pepe. You'll be competing at the top again under Rafa and am sure many Reds will cheer Napoli  in the Champions League next season.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #4: Jul 22, 2013 12:44:30 am
      Had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of times very briefly and once had the pleasure of sitting directly behind him on a flight back from Spain. It was when my Mrs was pregnant but we didn't know at the time and we saw him with his wife, first daughter and his 2nd child who was only a very small baby at the time.

Seeing him in a totally neutral environment let me see just what a genuinely nice bloke he is, took time out to speak to everyone that wanted a quick word, was not condescending in any way and absolutely looked the model father. I managed to speak to him for a short while without wanting to disturb him too much but just those brief meetings would make me warm to the guy and really appreciate what a top bloke he is. Add to that the undisputed talent, the dedication and loyalty he has shown, while being one of the most outstanding keepers in world football, will make this a very difficult player to replace.

I'll remember his penalty saves, I'll remember his celebrations, I'll remember him speaking out against H & G but most of all I'll remember the man, quality guy.

YNWA Pepe

Hope to see him back one day so we can thank him properly, best of luck and every success for the future.
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #5: Jul 22, 2013 12:49:16 am

Thanks for everything Pepe.
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #6: Jul 22, 2013 12:53:20 am
      It's a shame because I really felt he was pretty much back to his top form over the last 4-5 months of the season. It wasn't a position I felt needed a change so i'm really sad to see Pepe go and will miss chanting his name at Anfield.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #7: Jul 22, 2013 01:03:01 am
      Had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of times very briefly and once had the pleasure of sitting directly behind him on a flight back from Spain. It was when my Mrs was pregnant but we didn't know at the time and we saw him with his wife, first daughter and his 2nd child who was only a very small baby at the time.

Seeing him in a totally neutral environment let me see just what a genuinely nice bloke he is, took time out to speak to everyone that wanted a quick word, was not condescending in any way and absolutely looked the model father. I managed to speak to him for a short while without wanting to disturb him too much but just those brief meetings would make me warm to the guy and really appreciate what a top bloke he is. Add to that the undisputed talent, the dedication and loyalty he has shown, while being one of the most outstanding keepers in world football, will make this a very difficult player to replace.

I'll remember his penalty saves, I'll remember his celebrations, I'll remember him speaking out against H & G but most of all I'll remember the man, quality guy.

YNWA Pepe

Hope to see him back one day so we can thank him properly, best of luck and every success for the future.

Thanks for sharing, he's always been one of my favorite players. True class act. This sucks. :(
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #8: Jul 22, 2013 03:42:29 am
      Reina!

YNWA.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #9: Jul 22, 2013 03:52:52 am
      He will be missed. I can't believe how long he has played for Liverpool, it seems just like yesterday he was replacing Jerzy Dudek as first choice. Will know which foreign side I will be supporting next year, hope he continues his successful partnership with Rafa.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #10: Jul 22, 2013 04:00:10 am
      I don't want to live in a world where Pepe is no longer a Liverpool player.

Just look at those pictures and it's impossible not to love the guy.

A genuine talent and a genuine fella - like very few in the world.

Good luck in Italy, Pepe. YNWA
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #11: Jul 22, 2013 06:57:06 am
      Due to circumstances another one shuffling out of the back door like Dirk.

Pity we haven't the opportunity to do a LFC style send off for Pepe.

He loved this club as we did him.
      Adopted Scally. We'll see you soon.

All the very best Pepe.   You've put a good 8 year shift in.
      « Last Edit: Jul 22, 2013 07:02:29 am by eurored »
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,200 posts | 168 
      Reply #12: Jul 22, 2013 07:12:37 am
      I don't understand BR here, how can he say he signed Mignolet for competition and he then sells the no.1 GK? Reina doesn't deserve to be pushed away, he should have been given the chance to compete for ths starting spot and it should have given us better cover for GK.

It's a sad day for Liverpool IMO, Reina has always been loyal to our club and now we're replaing him while he is still one of the best GK in the world.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #13: Jul 22, 2013 09:07:31 am
      I am gutted, still can't get it in my mind that he will no longer be our keeper. I love the man for all those reasons that RLB already stated. It just won't be the same without him, it's too hard saying goodbye to two legends of the club in one season, Carra and Pepe.

All the best in Napoli Pepe, YNWA.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #14: Jul 22, 2013 09:11:38 am
      Sad day

Thanks for everything Pepe

YNWA
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #15: Jul 22, 2013 09:21:42 am
       You served us well Pepe and it looks like they have put you out of the backdoor without getting the chance to say tarra.Rafa is not stupid he knows when he is getting a good one.
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 292 posts | 31 
      Reply #16: Jul 22, 2013 10:46:22 am
      His leadership qualities will be missed greatly, both on the field and in the changing room.

Thanks for everything, you legend, and best wishes for all you do in the future.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,542 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #17: Jul 22, 2013 10:46:47 am
      Good luck to Pepe, can't help thinking that the one year loan may be ideal as Valdes's contract has a year left to run.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #18: Jul 22, 2013 10:54:23 am
      A true Liverpool great. Got a feeling this loan is not going to go well for us.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #19: Jul 22, 2013 10:55:17 am
      YNWA Pepe you legend
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #20: Jul 22, 2013 11:22:58 am
      Good luck to Pepe, can't help thinking that the one year loan may be ideal as Valdes's contract has a year left to run.

That makes too much sense..

To be honest if that was true then I'd insist Barca buy him now and then they can loan him to Napoli..
      We aren't that savvy

Love you Pepe
      samylfc
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 392 posts |
      Reply #21: Jul 22, 2013 11:25:20 am
      Pepe, you are legend!

The wrong call IMO sending him to Napoli, and it feels so wrong that we can't say goodbye properly.

Hopefully the year will pass quick and he ll be back with a bang!

YNWA Reina!
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #22: Jul 22, 2013 11:35:14 am
      Can't believe this decision. Gutted.
      We're losing a true legend.
      YNWA Pepe!

Quick Reply