Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Aly Cissokho (Valencia)

Read 26170 times
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Re: Aly Cissokho (Valencia)
      Reply #23: Jul 23, 2013 06:55:30 pm

He's got pace - that's the key thing holding our team back at the moment - although more in the centre than either FB position.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #24: Jul 23, 2013 08:29:54 pm
      Loan deal, christ FSG really don't want to pay any significant amount of money out do they!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #25: Jul 23, 2013 08:40:34 pm
      Paper in Valencia saying we're taking Aly Cissokho on loan. 1m euro (£850k) fee for the year, then a purchase agreement which would cost us a further 4m euros (£3.45m).

The paper say we wanted to buy him, but Valencia want to do it this way as Lyon are owed 40% of any fee if he's sold this summer.

Can't go wrong with those kind of figures imo, we definitely need a backup
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,373 posts | 1541 
      Reply #26: Jul 23, 2013 09:45:04 pm
      Never really rated him myself. Always gonna have a few good games, but too inconsistent  for me. Deffo not a step up on Enrique, not the top drawer quality we need.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #27: Jul 23, 2013 09:53:49 pm
      Never really rated him myself. Always gonna have a few good games, but too inconsistent  for me. Deffo not a step up on Enrique, not the top drawer quality we need.

Kind of agree Gerns.

I too have never been overly impressed and defensively i think a resurgent Enrique is a better option especially with his increased ability to push forward and be a threat.

But at a cheap option and used correctly, Cissokho could be a great addition though in my opinion not an improvement upon an inform Enrique.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #28: Jul 23, 2013 11:07:05 pm
      Loan deal, christ FSG really don't want to pay any significant amount of money out do they!
      You must have missed the part where we want to make it a permanent signing but Valencia want it to be a loan.  Either that or you have another agenda.
      Adam_Gibson8
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 290 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #29: Jul 23, 2013 11:41:45 pm
      Good move if its loan move only to put some pressure on Jose Enrique. We need a decent back up left back. Would of preferred Bertrand.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #30: Jul 23, 2013 11:42:06 pm
      You must have missed the part where we want to make it a permanent signing but Valencia want it to be a loan.  Either that or you have another agenda.

No need for the attitude now is there soft lad, unless I have hidden something in my post again  :roll:
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #31: Jul 24, 2013 01:29:54 am
      Not a fan of him to be honest. Was hoping Robinson would be able to kick on but I've read disappointing reviews of him recently. What's the deal with Valencia letting him go on loan? Get him off the wage bill? Not good enough? Trouble maker?
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #32: Jul 24, 2013 04:47:11 am
      No need for the attitude now is there soft lad, unless I have hidden something in my post again  :roll:

It's like Da KingKenny Code - turns out from analysing your posts that Jesus had a son and he played number 9 for us.  ;D
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #33: Jul 24, 2013 05:46:51 am
      Mate, I've been through hell and back over the past 11 months physically.  Being soft is not a quality in my locker.  Maybe if I posted a bit more you would understand that I was having a very light hearted go at you in regards to an insinuation that you just might be in a camp that likes to take pops at the owners.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #34: Jul 24, 2013 06:40:23 am
      What's the deal with Valencia letting him go on loan? Get him off the wage bill? Not good enough? Trouble maker?

Paper in Valencia saying we're taking Aly Cissokho on loan. 1m euro (£850k) fee for the year, then a purchase agreement which would cost us a further 4m euros (£3.45m).

The paper say we wanted to buy him, but Valencia want to do it this way as Lyon are owed 40% of any fee if he's sold this summer.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #35: Jul 24, 2013 07:23:21 am
      Has anyone saw enough of the lad to offer an opinion on his ability? Do you, after having seen him, believe that he's a viable option as competition/back-up/replacement for Enrique?

Yeah I know "At that price you can't go wrong...blah blah blah" - no problem I get that but (usually) players are "that price" for a reason. Has the lad been out of form or just out of favour?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #36: Jul 24, 2013 02:18:23 pm
      I honestly haven't paid much attention to Cissokho since we bought Enrique. So the opinion of anybody who was watching Valencia last season would be welcome!
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 289 posts | 28 
      Reply #37: Jul 24, 2013 07:47:43 pm
      I honestly haven't paid much attention to Cissokho since we bought Enrique. So the opinion of anybody who was watching Valencia last season would be welcome!
      Last season was his first for Valencia, and he played 25 times in La Liga (18 from the start, 7 as sub).  He scored two goals.  He played 7 times in the Champions League (twice against Bayern Munich, BATE and Lille, once against PSG).  He has one senior cap for France (2010).  I can't say I watched him closely enough for Valencia to offer a proper opinion.

As to why he's available, I think Valencia are in a dire financial situation.
      miguelred
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts |
      Reply #38: Jul 24, 2013 08:01:05 pm
      I remember this from the match united played against Porto after we beat them 4-1 at old trafford:

I like him  :)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #39: Jul 25, 2013 10:05:39 am
      Last season was his first for Valencia, and he played 25 times in La Liga (18 from the start, 7 as sub).  He scored two goals.  He played 7 times in the Champions League (twice against Bayern Munich, BATE and Lille, once against PSG).  He has one senior cap for France (2010).  I can't say I watched him closely enough for Valencia to offer a proper opinion.

As to why he's available, I think Valencia are in a dire financial situation.

I'm not sure I'm any the wiser but thanks for the info anyhow mate.  8)

A couple of weeks ago Brendan told us: "What we've done in the early part of the summer is to improve the squad. That's something I feel we've done  with the players we've brought in. Now what's important over the next three to five weeks is improving the team. That's something the club is working very hard at."

What I'm trying to figure out is whether or not Aly Cissokho is one of these players: a player "brought in" to improve the team?

His 'transfer' falls outside "the early part"/"squad players" time-frame but within the "three to five weeks"/"improving the team" scale. Not having watched him I was just wondering how much, if any, he's better than Enrique?
      « Last Edit: Jul 25, 2013 11:01:56 am by bad boy bubby »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,487 posts | 3439 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #40: Jul 25, 2013 10:35:13 am
      As i said yesterday he played in the early part of the season but when Pelligrino left Valverde preferref to play Guardardo who is a midfielder at left back instead of him and he sort of disappeared and didn't impress too much.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #41: Jul 25, 2013 11:58:19 am
      and he sort of disappeared and didn't impress too much.
      So Aly Cissokho - squad player or team starter, what do we reckon?
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #42: Jul 25, 2013 12:14:35 pm
      We have already done with the squad players remember. All first team galacticos now.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #43: Jul 25, 2013 12:48:17 pm
      We have already done with the squad players remember. All first team galacticos now.

Yep that's why Barca signed Neymar, to pave way for Messi's move to Anfield.    >:D >:D
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #44: Jul 25, 2013 12:53:13 pm
      The end of last season, for me, brought worries about both our fall backs. Have my doubts whether Cissokho is a step up or not, but the competition for places couldn't harm the team.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #45: Jul 25, 2013 07:00:51 pm
      In regards to Rodger's 'type' of full back, I'd presume Cissokho is good with the ball at his feet? For Rodger's system to work perfectly, we'd need full backs of the highest quality. Quick, good on the ball, good going forward and good defending too. Because they play so far up the field, basically supporting the winger, he needs to be really fast.

Worrying that Johnson was susceptible in defence, and Enrique too. Enrique's too slow for my liking and I think if defensive issues are to be resolved fully, then as much concern needs to be given to the full backs as the main priority it seems for a centre back.

I don't know why, but the centre backs looked jittery a lot last season - perhaps it was the lack of support from the full backs? I suppose when players like Enrique are further up the field than what was usual for them in previous seasons, it leaves the centre backs more exposed, and thus, more susceptible to mistakes. Of course, I'm not letting Skrtel off that easily - even with a flat back 11, he was missing headers left right and centre. Attacking wise was fine, but I feel it's going to take a bit more time for the defence to be ship shape. Thus, we need to sign a very very good full back. Is Cissokho the man we're looking for?

Quick Reply