Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

What would you deem as satisfactory progress come the end of the 2013/14 Season?

Read 8762 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: What would you deem as satisfactory progress come the end of the 2013/14 Season?
      Reply #46: Jul 31, 2013 12:51:55 am
      My expectations have been  dampened over the past season, but I still expect a top four challenge. While not expecting a title challenge, if we could keep Suarez and bring in 2 or 3 top quality players even that might not be beyond us.

Realistically 70 - 75 points a decent run in a cup and finishing above the Bitters and hopefully Arsenal.

Not confident that Sturridge is the answer to our prayers if Suarez goes but high hopes that Coutinho will be (if we don't loan him out :) )

Genuinely depressed that MsGerrard  thinks finishing 4/5th is "super optimistic"  :(
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Re: What would you deem as satisfactory progress come the end of the 2013/14 Season?
      Reply #47: Jul 31, 2013 08:22:49 am
      I expect us to break into top 5.

But comparing the team finished 5th with ours,

Paulinho   Sandro
                 Holtby
      Chadli   Soldado?  Bale

Lucas   SG
            Allen
      Suarez? Sturridge Coutinho

>:(

6th would be realistic unless a massive injury crisis happens to any of the top 5 placed teams.

Ok seriously how is that team better than us. Let's take it man vs man

Suarez>Bale
      Coutinho>Chadli
      Sturridge>Soldado
      SG>Paulinho
      Lucas(on form)>Sandro
      Allen(on from)=Holtby

Lets's keep some faith. It's a tremendous team we have got and we can achieve great things this season.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #48: Jul 31, 2013 08:24:31 am
      My expectations this season would be top 4, nothing less than that. If we don't achieve it, changes had to be brought about and I would look at our transfer policy as the first thing which has to be reviewed.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #49: Jul 31, 2013 08:34:20 am
      My expectations this season would be top 4, nothing less than that. If we don't achieve it, changes had to be brought about and I would look at our transfer policy as the first thing which has to be reviewed.

Can just imagine that.

John W Henry 'Hi Brendan, we've reviewed the past two season's transfer policy as it hasn't paid dividends, we believe the 22-26 year old players are too old and on too high wages, your target will be to bring in 18-21 year old's on a maximum of £20k per week'.

Brendan Rodgers 'Ok Boss, but we'll have to keep the fan base on side for the summer so we'll string them along that Suarez is not for sale and  then we'll loan him to some him club and get him off the wage bill and I'll also have to give them some hope so I'll tell them we've got some class signings in the pipe line'.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #50: Jul 31, 2013 09:22:03 am
      Can just imagine that.

John W Henry 'Hi Brendan, we've reviewed the past two season's transfer policy as it hasn't paid dividends, we believe the 22-26 year old players are too old and on too high wages, your target will be to bring in 18-21 year old's on a maximum of £20k per week'.

Brendan Rodgers 'Ok Boss, but we'll have to keep the fan base on side for the summer so we'll string them along that Suarez is not for sale and  then we'll loan him to some him club and get him off the wage bill and I'll also have to give them some hope so I'll tell them we've got some class signings in the pipe line'.

:D

Anyone one would think you would have a motive with that post. ;)

It's time to be realistic, whilst also remaining competitive. We have a good starting XI and a decent squad. I worry that we are still some players short of a top 4 finish. If we can get a few more options in, more like Papadopoulos etc, who knows what we can do.

Whilst remaining realistic but competitive, I don't see any reason why we can't have a good run in the cup competitions. No real excuses this season. Other than the league, we are playing in two Cup competitions. So, a good run in the Cup, no messing around with squads. By all means throw a few youngsters in but it will be unacceptable, in my eyes, if we go out to a team like Oldham again.

As for the league, it's a tricky one. All the teams around us are strengthening, with the exception of the Mancs and possibly even the Blueshites. Our squad appears to be going up and down and it depends who you ask when you question whether we are improving. I think we are, just need 1 or 2 bits of class. If I am being honest, I would love a top 4 finish. Until that is mathematically impossible, that's what I'll continue to want. However, I think we will probably finish in an around 5th. Consistency is our main task. If we start off well, and keep at it, who knows what we can achieve.

So overall, I would be delighted with 4th but I see us finishing 5th.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #51: Jul 31, 2013 11:14:22 am
      I think I will look at this after the first 6 games. We need a very good start to get even close to top 4 at the end of the season.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #52: Jul 31, 2013 01:05:08 pm
      Champions League spot and a cup.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #53: Jul 31, 2013 04:19:33 pm
      Given the current squad, I'd consider getting ahead of either Spurs or Arsenal and not being overtaken by anyone a success.

We're not good enough to finish fourth and the owners look like they have no intentions to change that.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #54: Aug 02, 2013 02:57:11 pm
      Hoping for a top 4 finish but an FA cup and 5th/6th place will be satisfactory for me especially considering the added value the Europa League will have in the 14/15 season.
      KobeWorst
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 458 posts | 12 
      Reply #55: Aug 02, 2013 03:05:42 pm
      Right now a settled squad would do me, off the front pages and a constant headline for all the right reasons in the back. Add to that a top 4, even if it means squad players getting a run out in the cups and I'll be more than happy.

Quick Reply