Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

U.S Reds can now watch all the Liverpool matches live on TV

Read 19040 times
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,403 posts | 191 
      Re: U.S Reds can now watch all the Liverpool matches live on TV
      Reply #23: Jul 31, 2013 05:59:55 pm
      The only thing that sucks now is getting up at 6 am to watch some of the games  ;D

Yeah i understand completely , 7am here, but I'm used to it by now.  Even though I'd get up at 4 to watch the Reds. It's those 3pm week night games, always piss me off , because I'm usually stuck at work and can't pay proper attention. 

Just think of what our poor Aussie friends have to go through.  :D 

I'm usually up at 5am so 6am works for me. I'll be ready to go at that point. Can't even begin to express my excitement that I'll be able to watch all LFC games.

I have to pay over $50 per month to get NFL Sunday ticket to be able to watch the Cowboys play every Sunday. I would have considered doing that for LFC had it been an option but now I don't have to ;D

Same here Bud.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #24: Jul 31, 2013 06:18:04 pm
      I actually feel sorry for you guys now... here in South Africa we have Supersport who have the rights to broadcast EPL matches (over 6+ dedicated channels),selected La Liga, Serie A as well as the Bundesliga matches as part of the DSTV (satelite) bouquet.
      Thus far i have seen all the pre-season matches live and should see all Liverpool matches during the season too.

I still envy you being able to watch them live at Anfield, but hopefully one day i could take the trip over there.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #25: Jul 31, 2013 07:19:57 pm
      I still envy you being able to watch them live at Anfield, but hopefully one day i could take the trip over there.

That's the plus side of living here, of course but in reality, it's difficult to get tickets to competitive matches and very expensive. Great experience but not that many of us are lucky enough to go regularly so unless we can find a stream, we can't watch the matches at all, aside from the ones Sky choose to show.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #26: Jul 31, 2013 08:24:19 pm
      Yeah i understand completely , 7am here, but I'm used to it by now.  Even though I'd get up at 4 to watch the Reds. It's those 3pm week night games, always piss me off , because I'm usually stuck at work and can't pay proper attention. 

Yeah at least on weekend mornings I don't have much going on. But afternoons during the week, forget it no chance I will see those games unless it's on tv and I can record it (which now it will be).
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #27: Jul 31, 2013 09:17:20 pm
      i think people can watch those streams from europe too with proxy and vptunnels. in theory anyway.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6776 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #28: Jul 31, 2013 10:33:31 pm
      F***ing rip off. I live 10 minutes away from Anfield and I can't afford to be pay those kind of prices for telly.

Mate, can you guys not watch it live in pubs over there?
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #29: Jul 31, 2013 10:42:45 pm

We can but it isn't always possible. Apologies if I was coming across as having a go at fans outside the UK, I wasn't. Just think the Premier League need to sort their TV rights out. Pricing a lot of people out of the game.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #30: Jul 31, 2013 10:47:35 pm

We can but again, we're restricted to the games that Sky want to show. Also, they charge pubs such a ridiculous amount to show games, fewer and fewer pubs have Sky now.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #31: Jul 31, 2013 10:48:00 pm

If you know the right pubs you can... ;)

The ones usually with massive satellite dish that picks up broadcasts not meant for the UK.

I love my local.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #32: Jul 31, 2013 10:49:51 pm

Just think of what our poor Aussie friends have to go through.  :D 

Same here Bud.
      Your right..The biggest issue for me was the time difference. But, now with this NBC deal, I can TIVO the matches and watch them if I cant watch live, Which is a BIG plus. Plus I wont have to worry about poor streams and buffering.

I wonder who the commentators are going to be. I hope we get the regular, English commentators.  Their is something weird about watching a Liverpool/United match and it has 2 Americans talking. Its just wrong.

I really hope that NBC scores big on this. The EPL is far better to watch than Baseball and Basketball, IMO. I think if NBC does it right they will get a lot of viewers. I know people who never watch Football and when they watched the Man City title game 2 years ago they said it was one of the best sporting event they have ever seen.  The game is finally getting recognition in the US. People watch the WC and they do get decent numbers for the FA Cup final and the CL Semi's and Final.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,380 posts | 6403 
      Reply #33: Jul 31, 2013 10:59:28 pm
      We can but it isn't always possible. Apologies if I was coming across as having a go at fans outside the UK, I wasn't. Just think the Premier League need to sort their TV rights out. Pricing a lot of people out of the game.

Feel your pain, prior to this happening I was lucky to watch one LFC game a season on TV, the rest I had to watch crappy streams.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #34: Jul 31, 2013 11:38:05 pm
      F***ing rip off. I live 10 minutes away from Anfield and I can't afford to be pay those kind of prices for telly.

I think its crazy that people who live within 10 minutes of Anfield cant watch the matches. Its not that bad here with the NFL.  The NFL has weird rules for their games. In order for a local team to be shown on TV the game must be sold out and they have Blackout Rules which show a national game over local games. But for the most part I am able to watch the local game.

You can get the NFL package on DirectTV which is satellite. But the NFL package is about $350/season. If you own a pub and want to show the games it costs $800 for the package.

Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #35: Jul 31, 2013 11:58:04 pm

I think its crazy that people who live within 10 minutes of Anfield cant watch the matches. Its not that bad here with the NFL.  The NFL has weird rules for their games. In order for a local team to be shown on TV the game must be sold out and they have Blackout Rules which show a national game over local games. But for the most part I am able to watch the local game.

You can get the NFL package on DirectTV which is satellite. But the NFL package is about $350/season. If you own a pub and want to show the games it costs $800 for the package.

That's an interesting rule. Thing is, and I don't know how it works in the US, but in England the first half of the seasons games are scheduled by TV companies before the start of the season. I think I am right in saying Sky get the first pick and then other companies. Then a third or so through the season, it happens again for the last half of the season. I like the NFL idea but unless this changes in England, it won't happen.

As for pubs showing games, Rep made the point that Pubs are charged ridiculous money for the TV package. Plus, it does piss me off that if you can't watch the game at home or a mates, then the only other option is a pub where alcohol is just sitting their. My brother watches games in a Brazilian cafe in London. Would love options like that.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #36: Jul 31, 2013 11:58:58 pm

It's really sad. Whether its the ludicrous ticket prices or the tv packages, fans are being held to ransom disgracefully in England. I F***ing hate Sky and their swooshy adverts pretending everything is alright and that it's somehow a great deal when in years gone by you could get the BBC or ITV to screen the matches for free.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #37: Aug 01, 2013 12:02:33 am
      I think every country should have free viewing of their own league. I don't mind paying for foreign leagues, but for our own league it should be free.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6776 
      Reply #38: Aug 01, 2013 12:30:51 am
      If you know the right pubs you can... ;)

The ones usually with massive satellite dish that picks up broadcasts not meant for the UK.

I love my local.

Wow, that's unbelievable. We get evrvy game live here but it's not free. You have to have paytv which a lot of people do. If you go to a pub, they show all games live there too, you just have to ask one of the Bar staff to put your game on but it's always more comfortable watching it at home.  :chongin:
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #39: Aug 01, 2013 01:03:17 am
      I am excited to be able to watch all the games. My dad and I would get up at 6am to watch the games. I have satellite with the sports package so we could watch quite a few games last season, but not always LFC. I am looking forward to this season in so many ways.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #40: Aug 01, 2013 03:41:40 am
      I couldnt believe when i came to melbourne from ireland the amount of games shown here(all of them) and in ireland and the uk you would hav to hope sky or setanta show liverpool. Ridiculous they only show three or four games a week.
      Anyway as we speak im getting foxtel installed just in time for the season. Well worth $100 a mont
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6776 
      Reply #41: Aug 01, 2013 05:40:36 am
      Al1892 my mate has just signed up for Foxtel in time for the season...he's getting standard instal, all HD channels, all sports channels HD and the brand new HD IQ Box for only $70 bucks a month mate. Give Foxtel a call and get it cheaper.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #42: Aug 01, 2013 06:17:53 am
      Ye had to get the entairnmemt aswel for the missus. Thats why its more expensive
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #43: Aug 01, 2013 02:18:54 pm
      America, America God shed His grace on thee!
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #44: Aug 01, 2013 05:46:17 pm
      I am actually blown away that we have a network showing all the EPL matches for free, on regular TV, all week and the UK viewers dont.  I dont understand it.

I wonder if we could figure out a way to show those streams on this forum? At least show the Liverpool matches for our UK friends.  Any Ideas?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #45: Aug 01, 2013 07:56:55 pm

New York Subway train.

Just like back home eh,

Quick Reply