Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

U.S Reds can now watch all the Liverpool matches live on TV

Read 19114 times
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Re: U.S Reds can now watch all the Liverpool matches live on TV
      Reply #69: Aug 19, 2013 02:00:25 am
      The US version of Match of the day was on last night.
      Pretty good....very surprised.
      Only issue is that it was on TOO early!
      Back in blighty we go to the pub and then get home for 1030p for the show when we are nicely pickled!
      Oh well....the joys of Tivo & DVR i suppose.

Also wish that they changed the in studio pundits from the day match pundits and also the studio design.
      It would make it feel more special and a bit more like the real MOTD.

Regardless, its great to have a British format for a  fine British product that is the Premier League....Thanks Yanks...shows you guys are getting it and not utterly americanizing our league.

Oh...and Rebecca Lowe did a great job.
      RedCanuck
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts |
      Reply #70: Aug 19, 2013 04:44:49 am
      I live near Vancouver BC Canada and get every game BPL champions league, Europa, FA and league cup and have done for years for $15 a month for what was setanta and is called sportsnet world over here. Was over 2 years ago and can't believe how badly you lot get ripped off with cable tv!   They get us back with the mobile phone plans here though that are shocking!
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #71: Aug 19, 2013 04:57:51 am
      I am thrilled with what NBC has done. It's not perfect but what is? The amount of games on offer is probably unrivalled in any country. Studio guests could be a little better and maybe they will get better at the analysis but the bread and butter is the match coverage of which I'm delighted with.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #72: Aug 19, 2013 08:23:32 am
      The US version of Match of the day was on last night.
      Pretty good....very surprised.
      Only issue is that it was on TOO early!
      Back in blighty we go to the pub and then get home for 1030p for the show when we are nicely pickled!
      Oh well....the joys of Tivo & DVR i suppose.

No worries anymore about getting off early for the game or getting it on play-back, the vast majority of alehouses stay open now till midnight or whatever.
      It just turns ends up as a reason to get more ale in and you've got to watch it on play-back anyway 'cos of being too pissed to remember the score.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #73: Aug 19, 2013 09:39:12 am
      Hello, Liverpool FC forum!

New fan from the US here. Just saw my first-ever Premier League game today. In the week leading up to the start of the season, I did some research into the league and Liverpool sounds like the kind of club I'd like to support. I've already been rewarded by witnessing that exciting save by Mignolet.

Hope to learn a lot about the sport and the league by visiting this forum throughout the season. Will try not to be too loud.

Good on you mate,I would say that once you have seen Liverpool like you have described you will well and truly have the Liverpool bug.I hope you have many years of supporting the best club in the world,cheers.

Quick Reply