Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

Benitez - Post Match Boro

Read 1892 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Benitez - Post Match Boro
      Feb 23, 2008 06:13:32 pm
      "Fernando was really aware and ready and scored when they made mistakes.

"He has scored 21 goals this season which is really good in his first season with the club and he is enjoying his time here.

"It was an important game for us after our Champions League game.

"But we are now in the top four and we have a game in hand so we are in a good position."

Well not really a game in hand anymore Rafa but yes - a good win - but to be honest the kind of victory that we normally expect.

ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: Benitez - Post Match Boro
      Reply #1: Feb 23, 2008 07:06:19 pm
      Agreed this is the kind of victory we should expect, but Rafa has the right to be pleased with this one after the stick he's been getting - he seems eager to confirm that we are well placed (compared to a couple of weeks ago...).
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #2: Feb 23, 2008 07:22:01 pm
       The REDS have just got to keep winning games for RAFA and REDS FANS of course.While the standard of football against M/boro was not to good ,the 3 points was what mattered.We have had games this season when nothing has gone right even though we played well so we are due a bit of good luck.If the team plays like that in the Inter return match and come away winning I am sure there would be no complaints on this forum.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,846 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3: Feb 23, 2008 09:41:38 pm
      does anyone know where we can find a video link of Rafa's comments after the match, not just for this match, but is there a site you can go to and watch his after match chats to the interviewer down the tunnel? Other than LFC.tv?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4: Feb 23, 2008 11:20:25 pm
      I wonder if Rafa will play the same line up except Carragher back in at centre back? Kuyt has been doing well these last few game, got an assist today, lucas is also playing well. I think play the same line up for as long possible so long as none of them are getting fatigued or complacent about not being part of the rotation
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #5: Feb 23, 2008 11:23:41 pm
      Agree on keeping the same team, maybe put in Pennant for Lucas though just to get that width and a genuine RM in their putting crosses in, only if the game persists of it though.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #6: Feb 23, 2008 11:57:35 pm
      I hope this marks the beginning of our return to that form after the turks 9-0 massacre where we disposed off teams with at least a 3- goal margin.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #7: Feb 24, 2008 09:17:06 am
      does anyone know where we can find a video link of Rafa's comments after the match, not just for this match, but is there a site you can go to and watch his after match chats to the interviewer down the tunnel? Other than LFC.tv?

I'd say BBC but you might not be able to get that from where you are.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,846 posts | 6785 
      Reply #8: Feb 24, 2008 08:40:25 pm
      Thanks JD, I'm in Australia mate not Antartica ;)

I've found a site...sky sports news...it has video feeds off all reactions after matches...so all good...cheers anyway mate.
      sjkreds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 142 posts |
      • Reincarnation anyone?
      Reply #9: Feb 25, 2008 09:33:13 am

I've found a site...sky sports news...it has video feeds off all reactions after matches...so all good...cheers anyway mate.

As a fellow skip, ;D
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #10: Feb 25, 2008 12:12:07 pm

Glad you've found a site to keep updated! Still, if I were you, I'd avoid reading any of their articles about Liverpool as they're completely biased against us and often treat speculation as factual information... (Basically they're full of crap).  ;) The live score centre is handy though  ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,846 posts | 6785 
      Reply #11: Feb 25, 2008 08:06:42 pm
      Glad you've found a site to keep updated! Still, if I were you, I'd avoid reading any of their articles about Liverpool as they're completely biased against us and often treat speculation as factual information... (Basically they're full of crap).  ;) The live score centre is handy though  ;D

thanks ayrton...one of the 1st things I learned when I joined on this site..is which newspapers to stay away from mate. I only go to the sky news site to see the video feeds...I'd never read there newspaper articles :mixed-smiley-009: :angry-smiley-034:

Quick Reply