Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Our first away game of the season, will we come away as winners?

Away win?
      70 (71.4%)
      Hard fought draw?
      23 (23.5%)
      Sad defeat?
      5 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Aston Villa V Liverpool pre match thread. Sat 24th Aug. 5:30 KO

Read 11002 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Aston Villa V Liverpool pre match thread. Sat 24th Aug. 5:30 KO
      Reply #92: Aug 24, 2013 03:21:15 pm
      While we kept worrying of benteke and agbonlahor, we must ensure we do a proper job at their end.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #93: Aug 24, 2013 03:31:43 pm
      I'd go like this, tough game this one. Need to play just the one upfront.

Mignolet
      Jose    Toure     Agger     Johnson

Gerrrad     Lucas        Allen

Coutinho       Hendo

Sturridge
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #94: Aug 24, 2013 03:53:31 pm
      I'm going for a very comfortable win, think we'll turn this lot over with relative ease, I have faith in Toure to keep Benteke in check.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,835 posts | 6779 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #95: Aug 24, 2013 03:59:39 pm
      Wish I was as confident as you, RLB  :roll:

Come on You Reds.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,933 posts | 283 
      Reply #96: Aug 24, 2013 04:05:13 pm
      Benteke is going to score. No F***ing way in hell he isn't, especially as we don't have the height within the squad.
      We need to go out there to score 3.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #97: Aug 24, 2013 04:14:09 pm
      Let me just edit what I said, didn't watch the Liverpool match last week because they couldn't get it on the vision box in time (I could watch it online on there site which confused me, because the box gets the signal from the bb, same as my pc, but there you go), it came on on Monday after the engineer sorted it out along with sky sports 1&2, just checked ready to watch todays match (sports 1) and lone behold its not on, just got off the phone with bt myself, "the order wasn't put through" so I said it was working fine yesterday, to which they said it'll be on Tuesday, to which I said what about the match today, they said that's the earliest we can do it, no explanation to why it worked yesterday but not today, I did ask is it a thing to stop me watching Liverpool to which she just giggled........to which I said, thank god sky is still connected and hung up. Staring to thing I've made a bad choice swapping, the BB is great faster than the Virgin line I had, but the T.v and more importantly the customer service is appalling. Now time to reconnect sky to the tele.

Oh dear  :-\  Well we haven't got the TV but as we're on Infinity2, we get BT Sport free through the pc so I can watch matches there. Unfortunately, that's not much use either if the connection is slow and unstable!
      The engineer left about half an hour ago. He disconnected a second line that we've never actually used because he said a fault on there could still cause problems. Don't see how when it was initially stable at 70mbps+ and nothing's changed. He said that he'll submit his notes at the end of his shift tonight then somebody will reset the line so either way, it isn't going to improve much before the match.

As an amusing side-note, my house-mate was trying to watch his beloved Stoke playing Palace on a dodgy stream but had to stop when the engineer arrived. He started it back up as soon as he could and Palace had scored   :laugh:  >:D
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #98: Aug 24, 2013 04:25:05 pm
      Aw man this is gonna be a cracker! We have it in our arsenal to tear these apart. Just have to defend well and watch Agbonlawhore and Benteke! I predict 1-3!
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #99: Aug 24, 2013 04:25:16 pm
      I'm strangely over confident about today's game, but I know I shouldn't be. Villa look like a different side this year
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #100: Aug 24, 2013 04:46:20 pm
      Benteke is going to score. No f**king way in hell he isn't, especially as we don't have the height within the squad.
      We need to go out there to score 3.

Wow, you are optimistic. If you're that confident he'll score, then put your house on it..

Quick Reply